Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Specification help please.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
ad210358

England 

Whistle

Issues with Paint from Japan

Note from dealer:-

Due to the recent Earthquake problems in Japan, the Country that supplies Land Rover with their paint for their product range, have with immediate effect had to make some colour changes.

As you have an order for a NEW Range Rover EVOQUE – this will affect your colour choice when ordering your new car.

This information has come into force will immediate effect – Wednesday 13th April 2011

The 15 affected colours are Santorini Black, Stornoway Grey, Lago Grey, Firenze Red, Baltic Blue, Bali Blue, Kosrae Green, Nara Bronze, Rimini Red, Rousillon Red, Aintree Green, Colima Lime, Barolo Black, Havana and Mauritius Blue.

Replacement Colours - to be introduced in June and maintained in place for several months until further notice:

Santorini Black will be replaced with Sumatra Black (previously used on 08MY Freelander)
Stornoway Grey will be replaced with Orkney Grey (identical to the Jaguar colour Lunar Grey)
Baltic Blue will be replaced with Buckingham Blue (previously used on 10MY Solihull products)
Kosrae Green will be replaced with Galway Green
Removed Colours - no longer available on orders from June onwards. These colours will not be reintroduced:

Bali Blue (not available on Discovery and Range Rover Sport from 22/04/11)
Lago Grey
Rimini Red
Removed and Delayed Colours - not available on orders from June onwards. Reintroduction timing to be confirmed:

Nara Bronze
Firenze Red* (will not be introduced on Freelander in May. Limited availability for Freelander LE2 only)
Aintree Green
Colima Lime*
Mauritius Blue*
Barolo Black
Havana
Rousillon Red (limited availability for 11MY Range Rover Ultimate Edition only)
*Plan to introduce on Range Rover Evoque in Q1 2012

9 Unaffected Colours:

Fuji White
Zermatt/Indus Silver
Siberian Silver
Galway Green
Ipanema Sand
Bournville
Marmaris Teal
Tamar Blue
Keswick Green

Post #215416 31st Jan 2014 5:54 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Interesting stuff! Isn't it amazing that one plant that makes the pigment for the paint can cause so much hassle!

I did hear from LR this week though, that Stornaway Grey may be making a comeback due to popular demand!

LR have also secured different suppliers to ensure this doesn't happen again. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #215476 1st Feb 2014 2:34 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12