Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > United Kingdom > Hit and run accident yesterday, help sought.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Tigger

United Kingdom 

That was a very helpful link, thank you. Unfortunately, having read the form through, it states:

"Please note: Without the FULL registration mark, Police will be unable to investigate this matter further."

It would seem that actual detective work may remain the preserve of crime fiction.

Post #166665 9th Jan 2013 8:35 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Mona Geeza wrote:
Tigger wrote:
Unfortunately, the police are refusing, point blank, to get involved.

You never know your luck, your insurance company might get a claim come in from the other driver claiming against you for damaging his van then clearing off, then at least you'll know who it was.

perhaps that is the last thing Tigger needs, as i've found out to my cost when a 3rd party does something suspect like legging it or making 10 calls after a crash, they are up to no good, in my case an "independant" 3rd party witness who was not a the scene materialised in later statements " were following in a car but could not stop at the time " etc etc...... my employer accepted liability as easier than fight v cost and said it made no difference to me ! ( except the bike and 5 more years in the car scheme instead of opting out )

ps can't your claim be covered by the MIB ? driver did not stop ????, could hav been uninsured if it was an independant contractor ??? 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #166676 9th Jan 2013 9:20 pm
russben

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

The Blood Transfusion service is not connected to any Ambulance sevice other than being affiliated to the NHS. For each collection & delivery they make it will have been recorded and deliveries have to be signed for by the driver & recipient. Therefore the blood transfusion service will be able to trace the vehicle & driver. Each 'blue light' transfer they do will also have to have been logged.
My worry from reading your initial info is that you say that the van had blue & yellow 'battenburg' markings. National Blood Transfusion service vehicles should have red & yellow markings. I'm presuming you didn't have the time to see it fully.

Like I said, all collections & deliveries should have been logged & signed for by driver & recipient hospital.

Good luck with your claim.
Russ. Poke it, Poke it, make it do it again!!

Gone - 2008 Freel2 HSE Santorini Black
Hello - 2010 RRS TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black

Post #166807 10th Jan 2013 4:52 pm
julytourist

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

Any update Tigger? JT Upgraded to an ex demo, 7 mth old, Rimini Red/Ebony Napoli Auto HSE on 28th Jan 2011, added roof rails, mudflaps and side strips.
Gone - A great 57 Plate, Auto SE, Bought Feb 2009, Roof Rails and Mudflaps added on purchase. Blue colour, anything but drug dealer black.....

Post #168037 18th Jan 2013 11:56 pm
gravon 42

United Kingdom 2013 LR2 TD4 Dynamic Manual Santorini Black

Tigger, any update at all? in the opening topic, you mention a witness stopped
behind you. Was he any help at all?

Post #169113 26th Jan 2013 12:50 am
WizzardPrang

England 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Not that this will help; my daughter had her car damaged whilst parked in a "mall" car park. The perp was captured on CCTV but the police said there was not enough evidence to take it further.Meanwhile they told her to report it to her insurance company which she did, even though she did not make a claim for repair. The net result was her premium going up, just for being honest. Seems us honest folk are the ones who get the sh*tty end of the stick. Sad 2020 Defender D200 110S Pangea Green
Gone: 2018 L550, TD4 SE Tech Auto, Carpathian Grey
Gone: Defender 90 200Tdi, Grey Raptor
Gone: 2012 FL2, TD4 GS Manual, Santorini Black

Post #173835 3rd Mar 2013 2:41 am
Ghyllie

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

I know time is against you now but did you check with the red cross? they often have vehicles marked up as "Ambulance"without B&2s fitted, just a thought.

Ghyllie oo! Shiney!

Post #173843 3rd Mar 2013 10:02 am
papa smurf

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

As a member or shall we say retired (+5 days in) member of the emergency service, All vehicles that are used in any emergency should be fitted with blue's and two's ..Even with these fitted they are still responsible for road safety ..traffic lights, round abouts are treated the same as any other vehicle ..only when blue's and two's are on, we can use extreme driving to get through ,still using caution and if causing accident we are to stop..Full investigation is carried out by police and the service ,there has been times when drives have lost there licence due to driving with undue care..

To drive on blues and two's you have to sit a special driving test ,there are loads of police that drive around with them but not aloud to drive with them on.. THIS PERSON WHO HAD ACCENT WITH YOU SHOULD HAVE STOP.. no blues or two's traffic laws apply

Now to your point this blood bank driver will be be employed by the NHS or by some one as he or she had to pick the blood up from some wear..and like any vehicle that works for the emergency service or NHS they would have to sign for that vehicle before taking out...So there is a record as who ever takes over will do a default report..

good luck.. if you have trouble or hit dead end please let me know i can ask a few people down there.. Iain

Post #174655 8th Mar 2013 10:00 pm
papa smurf

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

RD&E meeting update - Devon and Cornwall

Have a look at this web page ,give them a ring but make some story up there be able to help and tell you who else do's blood runs.. Iain

Post #174662 8th Mar 2013 10:40 pm
si.

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I was driving along this same section of road a few weeks ago, after joining the A38, returning from Looe. A blood service Transit came flying up behind our caravan, and just about sat in the rear bed for a mile or so. Remembering this thread, I was very anxious, and very relieved when he did pass. Nearly taking my towing mirror off in the process.

Either they employ a whole gaggle of idiots, or this was the same driver. I only wish I could have noted the VRM.

Post #196422 25th Aug 2013 11:34 pm
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

The same guy may have been driving an ambulance near Oban a fortnight ago. Got so close at one point I thought he'd hitched up to my towbar to save the SNHS some fuel money.

Post #196485 26th Aug 2013 8:22 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Terribly sorry, I thought I'd updated this Embarassed

Yes, (with no help from the police) we were able to track the ambulance driver that did it and the service were very good to deal with. It was all paid out fully.

The police did ask me that if ever I were able to find the driver and sort it out for them, would I let them know all the details! What would you do?! Laughing

Post #203840 20th Oct 2013 9:03 am
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Hi Tigger
really pleased to hear you had a result ! well done.
As for the driver was their an explanation for the driver failing to stop or report it ?
More difficult to report to police if Ambulance service have dealt with in professional manner ¬! but on the other hand no doubt it put you through loads of stress and you have to ask yourself if it had been the other way around would you of been so lucky not to of had someone report back to the police !
You may be asked by an insurance company in the future if it was dealt with by the police as a hit & run so may be prudent to go back to the police to cover your own back

Really pleased to hear its sorted ! did you get your incar camera fitted ? eventually Jaguar x-type sport gone
Jaguar x-type 2.2d sport one of my best cars ever sadly gone
Freelander 2 GS auto 2008 most unreliable ever ! gladly gone
Freelander 2 GS manual 2013 only time will tell !

Post #203850 20th Oct 2013 11:13 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123