Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Pairing G4 iPAD to FL2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
GJH0702

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Sumatra Black

Agree with comments re Belkin- once you have socket even the 'white' Apple cables work.
For me a great feature is that the socket in the boot works without ignition on so If i run 'flat' on IPAD leave under boot floor plugged in come back- charged !!! much better that BMW's when no ignition on no charge 2011 XS,Sumatra Black, GONE MARCH 2014- RR Evoque Prestige 5 door ,MY 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof.
MY 2016 Disco Sport HSE Auto Scotia Grey,REJECTED
Mercedes E220D AMG line with air suspension(Gone)
DS 200 SE Dynamic my 21 (Gone)
DS 200 SE Dynamic my 22 (Gone)
Audi Q5 40TDI S line

Post #146497 23rd Jun 2012 8:57 am
athelstan

My thanks to you all that have given input on data volumes - your comments have certainly removed the base 16GB model from the equation. Most helpful thanks.

-o0o-

flylr
What you describe with the G4 comms ability is of note and I can appreciate why in the UK you opted for that additional comms ability.

However, when I discussed the mobile option with network providers here in Switzerland (and not just with my existing mobile company) they all said that the data contract only enabled mobile connection here in Switzerland and - no - I would not have web/data access beyond Switzerland i.e. no roaming facility. As CH is a very small country and we frequently (weekly) cross borders, paying the extra iPad purchase price, the SIM card, the monthly data contract (minimum 1yr) just does not make sense. Wifi hot spots abound here in CH - even 2,000+mtrs up in our local mountains.

Should the Swiss network providers introduce in the future a "roaming" data contract at a sensible price for our needs then I'll simply buy a new iPad.

Post #146498 23rd Jun 2012 9:03 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234