Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > HAPPY FREELANDER OWNERS IS THERE ANY ??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Well I have really sour grapes with mine ! or may be its the dealer.

My list of faults covers 6 whole pages of A4 and land-rover are an absolute disgrace ! It has taken 3.5 years for L/R to finally get it right.

I like the sitting position, its appearance, comfort on a long run & its towing ability.

As for reliability & customer care the last car that was that bad that i owned from new was a Hillman Imp & even that didn't go back as many times as my FR2.
14 faults in the first three weeks from new , constant faults for the next 2+ years and breakdowns every year whilst abroad ! & a non start fault in cold weather that took three years to find ! apart from 4 dash boards, EGR valves, turbo's axles, modules, steering rack, pump & resovoir, air con pump, evaperator ! fan speed controllers X2 steering column, wiper motor and rack, + replacement tow-bar , too much more too list ! & the best part this was all before 18000 miles from new , most was before 9000 miles !
I could never recommend one under any circumstances and as for a replacement, I think I would seriously look elsewhere. L/R customer services really worry me with their couldn't give a s... attitude ! Had L/r offered some customer service may be I may of had a different attitude Big Cry
Currently just want to get my moneys worth out of my piece of junk !

Post #122353 4th Dec 2011 4:14 pm
ad210358

England 

That has certainly gone against the happy owners thread.

Post #122354 4th Dec 2011 4:18 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

ad210358 wrote:
That has certainly gone against the happy owners thread.

It certainly has - perhaps we need a separate thread for unhappy freelander owners...oh that's every other thread silly me Whistle

Post #122360 4th Dec 2011 5:52 pm
geoff.c

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Izmir Blue
happy freelander owner

Hoping I don't upset the gods, or invoke Murphy's law, but I think my 08 is the nicest car I have ever owned.
Something came adrift on a rear door lock, and it nearly took a week to cure a airbag fault, both faults fixed under extended warranty. Apart from those two items the car has been a pleasure to own and drive. Just had the 3rd service done, no extra's required, apart from a rubbing rear brake sensor wire. This was repaired and repositioned FOC. So up to now, 10,000 miles of very pleasurable motoring.

Post #122366 4th Dec 2011 7:01 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I truly have sympathy with you, OG. The whole sorry tale (or sad saga) is for all to see on "when will it stop going wrong". However, with the latest earth strap fix, I do believe it HAS stopped going wrong! It may well be time close that thread! You were surely the victim of dealer inexperience on several counts and for that they should be ashamed; sadly many of the techs are now brought up on laptops, software updates and tech bulletins, not gaskets, spanners and common sense. I hope you now have a reliable and pleasurable vehicle that now shows the Freelander 2 for what it truly is, and is typical for many of the posters here. Good luck with your car. Let us hope you can be more positive in another year! 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #122372 4th Dec 2011 7:29 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

I think OG was actually victim of the technology age where you no longer get proper engineers with problem solving ability. I'd the computer says no then when it comes to mechanicals then they are often stumped. In OGs case the earth cable had clearly failed from out of the factory and even though the mechanics will have seen voltage loss etc no one thought to check it or change it!

Personally if it was me and it was a brand new car I would have rejected it way before now but perhaps that's OGa good nature shining through Whistle

Either way I think OGs case is a one off and should not be judged as a reason not to buy what in general is a fairly reliable car Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #122374 4th Dec 2011 8:22 pm
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

og cant see where you are comming from about l/r customer services i have had an ongoing problem for the last 8 mts with mine now seems to be sorted i got l/r customer services involved i started at the top with the ceo of landrover via a letter and thay have been very good to me, the thing that i have lernt is i do not rant and rave as it gets you nothing be firm and diplomatic i am also very carefull what i put on the forum as this could be read by l/rover i do sympathise with you having so many issues with yours, the one issue i had has gone on long enough but we all worked with each other and in the end with help from a forum member who had the same problem it now looks to be sorted,at one point there was that many letters and phone calls going to and fro that i am now on l/rovers christmas card list Mr. Green rainy-city
xs

Post #122393 4th Dec 2011 10:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
egipp

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Santorini Black

Well, I've certainly been happy with my Freelander and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one, which would be the first time I would have bought the same make and model. I've always found this forum to be a very useful source of information and assistance but, as has been said, it's the problems that get the publicity. It's a bit like reading a medical dictionary - it's very easy to become a hypochondriac. Having said that, I do have great sympathy for those members who have had bad experiences and wish them better fortune from hereon in!

Post #122399 4th Dec 2011 11:25 pm
LASPAE

Cyprus 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 Sport Auto Santorini Black
Re: HAPPY FREELANDER OWNERS IS THERE ANY ??

bigalf1961 wrote:
after trawling the forum site for a few months now most people on here including myself only post cars with problems this is a good way of getting problems answerd but there are very few postings of how good the freelander is or can be we all seem to be bias of putting doom and gloom on the freelander so come on chaps lets have more postings of good things about it, possable a seperate section on happy owners Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

You are right bigalf1961. My car is sometimes a better off roader, than my Range Rover Classic is. And on road driving, cornering is so train-like.

Post #122401 4th Dec 2011 11:34 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

well bigalf1961

"og cant see where you are comming from about l/r customer services"

Here's how it started, apart from the starting issue which I was told to keep a charger on the battery ! the 2nd issue was the wipers went off on their own accord and always on start up ! so when the wipers were frozen to the screen and the wipers tried to start it bent all the mechanism ! quoted 400+ to replace at a few months old !
Contacted L/R customer services and left numerous messages ! eventually a young lady contacted me and told me " snow & Ice, act of god nothing to do with warranty " this was despite the fact that you couldn't stop the wipers going off at random ( eventually turned out due to a faulty earth ) There was no arguing ! it was end of as she clearly pointed out ! I didn't have a rave or rant ! This happened again in the snow and bent all the mechanism !
( currently the explanation for the short swift treatment was due to the Ta ta take over )
So I had a car that wouldn't start in the cold and you couldn't use in the snow or ice due to the wiper fault but warranty didn't cover any of these issue's !
The fact of the matter is L/R should be ashamed of a vehicle in my condition but their best offer was to offer 2k towards an assisted purchase of a replacement of 17k for a car that had only done 14K miles !!!!!
why would I want to buy another when my present one was such a pig !
Their 2nd offer was a like for like replacement, so i get someone else's possible problems or its had a hard time off roading ! I bought mine brand-new with the intention of looking after it.
I don't think you grasp just how bad mine has been ! I had to buy another car just so I had one that started !
I have many more faults to add to the list & yes I should of rejected it at 3 weeks old with the first 14 faults but that's not my nature, I have also never ever been so fed up with a car & the service support.
I still have an ongoing diff problem where when I tow on the continent anything over 370 miles it starts singing really loudly ! This has been ongoing for 3 years so waiting for that to fail on my next holiday.
I think if you had owned a car this bad and tolerated the service and support you would feel just as angry as i do.
Yes I would like to put it to bed but still waiting for the diff to fail after the noise it made in France this year and after breakdowns on every holiday can I ever trust it ! It will take a long time now, & why should I pay out 17K + for a car Thats barely been used to replace it with another potential load of grief ! I may of done for 7-10K but not 17K

Post #122420 5th Dec 2011 10:15 am
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

Anyway back on topic

DID I say???...I LOVE MINE! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Trouble free motoring and darn good residuals

Post #122475 5th Dec 2011 5:55 pm
Hunter1

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Yes have to say I LOVE MINE TOO!!!!

It has had couple of things done under warranty, but its coming up to its 5th birthday and to be honest I can't think anything compares to it to change for and I can't justify the amount to change it for a newer one seen as it won't look much different!

Anyway it's the best car I've had, obviously what ever make of car you have, you can get a lemon, I had an Audi A3 and it was the worst, service department was useless etc anyway they bought it back in the end!

I Love my Freelander, it puts a smile on my face! Very Happy Current 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Black 2016 Onwards
Previous 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Sumatra black 2007 - 2016 Gone but never forgotten!

Post #122486 5th Dec 2011 6:51 pm
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

nice to read posative comments on the forum for a change most people seem to only list the bad experances with the freelander as stated you can get good and bad if you look at what the motoring pundits say the freelander is a dam good suv/4x4 if i look back at my problem its only was one fault Big Cry the thing that i came across was that the dealer was frightend of doing what he wanted to do but had to be guided by l/rover engineering Bow down Bow down because if he carred out a repair and the part was rejected the dealer had to pay the lot parts and labour so most of the messing about was down to l/rover engineering dithering about, i also found out that a dealer will not contact another dealer who has had a car with a simler fault and talk to each other to help there customers out it has to go through l/rover dealer system, may be all you disatisfied owners should arrange a convoy to l/rover hq to prove your point if you are not getting any satisfaction from them i say that OG should take the next step and see how many will be wanting to take part Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up rainy-city
xs

Post #122488 5th Dec 2011 7:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hunter1

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

I have had all my warranty and servicing work done at Team Valley LandRover, have to say great service and with warranty work they seem to be able to authorise most of it themselves without the need to keep running to Land Rover!
This might explain my good experience with service side, oh and bought the car at 10months old from a Lotus dealer, and as you would expect their service was good too, they still send a Christmas card! Very Happy Current 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Black 2016 Onwards
Previous 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Sumatra black 2007 - 2016 Gone but never forgotten!

Post #122496 5th Dec 2011 8:04 pm
John-Boy

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Galway Green

37000 trouble-free miles with my first FL2 and 35000 to date with my second. No problems, no complaints, would certainly buy another.

Post #122585 6th Dec 2011 1:42 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 9 <123456789>