Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > HAPPY FREELANDER OWNERS IS THERE ANY ??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 9 123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey
HAPPY FREELANDER OWNERS IS THERE ANY ??

after trawling the forum site for a few months now most people on here including myself only post cars with problems this is a good way of getting problems answerd but there are very few postings of how good the freelander is or can be we all seem to be bias of putting doom and gloom on the freelander so come on chaps lets have more postings of good things about it, possable a seperate section on happy owners Thumbs Up Thumbs Up rainy-city
xs

Post #122236 3rd Dec 2011 7:04 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ghyllie

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

My wife loves her freelander even with the little rattle that I have not got round to fixing yet Confused

Ghyllie oo! Shiney!

Post #122238 3rd Dec 2011 7:12 am
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

at last a happy freelander owner Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up rainy-city
xs

Post #122239 3rd Dec 2011 7:21 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

Very happy FL2 owner. On my second one which is 18 months old and haven't had the slightest niggle with it. No warranty work or return to dealer needed.

Bloody good cars!

Post #122241 3rd Dec 2011 9:26 am
Dead-Rat

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Sumatra Black

It's a love/hate relationship Question SD4 Sports LE Black ...

Post #122242 3rd Dec 2011 9:28 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

This is a such a common phenomenon with Forums: Lots of threads complaining about problems and then a very occasional one asking if people can report happy experiences!! Rolling Eyes

Honestly, if people were to take Forums completely seriously, no one would ever buy another new car (of any make) ever again! Laughing

Anyway, in answer to bigalf1961's original post: In the 5 months and 16,000 miles that I've had mine, it's been virtually perfect Thumbs Up It does get very muddy though; is this a complaint that i should have a moan at my dealer about?!

In fact, it's muddy now - I'll email Land Rover Customer Services as soon as I've posted this....

Last edited by Tigger on 3rd Dec 2011 9:52 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #122243 3rd Dec 2011 9:32 am
denviks

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

we love our freelander....no matter what it throws at us.... Very Happy

Post #122244 3rd Dec 2011 9:37 am
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

There are probably a lot more of us around, (I count myself among them as well). Forums are notorious for casting products in a bad light as everyone looks on them for the answers to their problems and if they can't find an answer a new problem goes up adding to the doom and gloom.

I look forward to just about everything to do with my FL2. It's been a delight to drive anywhere and I'm rarely in a bad mood when in it. My only problem was caused by low voltage at the battery which was easily fixed. I don't worry about the mpg as it's not bad for a car of it's size, shape and weight. It even cleans up well after a bit of off roading!

Post #122245 3rd Dec 2011 9:41 am
ad210358

England 

This is my second one, wouldn't have bought it if I didn't like the first one, no problem whith the vehicle, I accept it will have a problem from time to time, it's the dealers where my gripe is, even if you have a little problem that can fixed in ten minutes you need to book it in for a fortnights time and then they need it for the day, then they have to order the part, then you need to book it in for a fortnights time, for the day again, where as if some one looked at it, says oh yes it needs this, it will be here tomorrow, call in about 3pm and we can do it while you wait in Evil or Very Mad

Post #122250 3rd Dec 2011 10:47 am
Boxer

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Very happy owner here, currently considering another. Thumbs Up Don't put petrol in a diesel. They don't run well.

Post #122252 3rd Dec 2011 11:04 am
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

ad210358 wrote:
This is my second one, wouldn't have bought it if I didn't like the first one, no problem whith the vehicle, I accept it will have a problem from time to time, it's the dealers where my gripe is, even if you have a little problem that can fixed in ten minutes you need to book it in for a fortnights time and then they need it for the day, then they have to order the part, then you need to book it in for a fortnights time, for the day again, where as if some one looked at it, says oh yes it needs this, it will be here tomorrow, call in about 3pm and we can do it while you wait in Evil or Very Mad

ah the good ol' days - what you're talking about there is good customer service...well they've solved the image problems with LR products from the 90's that just leave the problems of sorting out the dealers as you righly say. Family run dealerships always tend to give better customer service and better value than the big copoeates in my experience. There is a certainly dealer I've vowed never to use again and now travel further to better dealers. There loss I bought a brand spanking new FL2 from a different dealer...ha ha their loss.

Perhaps the OP could alter the thread title as there are happy freelander owners on here!

Post #122253 3rd Dec 2011 11:07 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Mine was fine for 3.5 years, as for customer service I've no idea, Apart from routine services and one recall ,I never had to contact the dealer.
usual dealer issues like having to book service well in advance to guarantee a courtesy car,although they did find us one in a hurry when I forgot to prebook its mot.
I didnt even pickup the car from the dealers from new, the rep delivered it to my door - on the last day of Feb - one less customer to deal with on Mar 1st pickup day.

I remember it well 1st Mar, new car outside trip to airport to pick up the wife, got stuck behind a caravan all the way from Harrogate to Leeds Bradford. nice one Mr vanner way to go with caravan club PR Rolling Eyes At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #122255 3rd Dec 2011 11:17 am
alanbgt

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Bali Blue
Yep - pleased with mine

Had it twelve months now, my first 4x4. Ex-demo HSE TD4_E. Was expecting that it would be deadly boring.
It mastered the snow last year, is extremely comfortable on long journeys, has space, carries the dogs, reasonably economical - 32mpg over my 28,000 miles.

Had rear diff bearing issue fixed under warranty - was inconvenient and a shame - but Land Rover assist supplied brand new SD4 HSE, so was able to a test on 11 model year auto while mine was fixed.

Overall, yes.

Would prefer smoother engine (like the 2011, as mine is 2010), bit more economy, and a slightly nicer (and updated) interior.

Overall, yes. And I probably would buy another. Drove the Evoque for an hour when it launched. nice inside, nice engine, but i still think the FL2 fits better with my requirements.

Alan MY10 TD4.e HSE
Bali Blue

Post #122258 3rd Dec 2011 11:29 am
Ricardo

United Kingdom 

I liked my first one so much I bought another one! 60,000 miles plus in both of them with no problems, bring on the snow Smile 2011 SD4 HSE Ipanema Sand
Gone but not forgotten - 2007 TD4 SE Izmir Blue

Post #122259 3rd Dec 2011 11:54 am
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

I'm happy, despite some minor niggles. It's no BMW but then it's a different drive / different experience, somehow it seems to have British charm that the Germans can't do and it gets under your skin Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #122260 3rd Dec 2011 12:00 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 9 123456789>