Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > So who wants an Evoke?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
julytourist

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

Nice, is that Rimini? I think the newer red got lost with the tsunami?. What model is it? JT Upgraded to an ex demo, 7 mth old, Rimini Red/Ebony Napoli Auto HSE on 28th Jan 2011, added roof rails, mudflaps and side strips.
Gone - A great 57 Plate, Auto SE, Bought Feb 2009, Roof Rails and Mudflaps added on purchase. Blue colour, anything but drug dealer black.....

Post #115950 6th Oct 2011 8:34 pm
M.I.B.

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

taztastic wrote:
Very nice, interested to know what the tyres are, they look like the new Pirelli Ice and Snow? Are they standard?

Great colour too Thumbs Up

Hi taztestic they are standard and Pirelli Scorpion all season Thumbs Up

Post #115957 6th Oct 2011 8:44 pm
M.I.B.

julytourist wrote:
Nice, is that Rimini? I think the newer red got lost with the tsunami?. What model is it? JT

Hi Julytourist, the colour is Firenze Red, Model, Prestige SD4 Manual, Vibe interior, Pano Roof and a few other toys Very Happy

Post #115958 6th Oct 2011 8:49 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

Saw a grey Evoque hurtling up the A11 today at Norwich - looked quite sporty I must say...it was one of the 3 door ones a 'coopy' like the chickens have

Post #116142 8th Oct 2011 9:30 am
julytourist

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

Well done on getting a Firenze, I thought the colour was no longer available...... JT Upgraded to an ex demo, 7 mth old, Rimini Red/Ebony Napoli Auto HSE on 28th Jan 2011, added roof rails, mudflaps and side strips.
Gone - A great 57 Plate, Auto SE, Bought Feb 2009, Roof Rails and Mudflaps added on purchase. Blue colour, anything but drug dealer black.....

Post #116244 8th Oct 2011 11:17 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

julytourist wrote:
Well done on getting a Firenze, I thought the colour was no longer available...... JT

It will be available after Christmas. I ordered one this week for March. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #116246 9th Oct 2011 12:31 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Valeter

Re: Evoque test drive

commando wrote:
Test drove an Evoque last week.It was the Dynamic 5 door 190 bhp auto and it was fantastic.Very quiet and rides beautifuuly even on 19" rims.Quite fast and handles really well.Never had so many people looking at the car as I drove around.The one I would go for is the Pure sd4 4+4 auto at about £31000 but the waiting list of 7-9 months puts me off.Also it is not as high up a driving position as I would have liked and this might be the stumbling block.Dealer reckoned that all the demonstrators will sell for list price after 3 months so no bargains there!

Shop around, currently about 5 Months wait depending on order. I did speak to a dealer in Aberystwyth (Wales) last week & they said they had several build slots in the system for pretty quick delivery. I think it varies on where you go & how many slots some dealer pre booked or whatever they do! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #116248 9th Oct 2011 12:36 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Valeter

M.I.B. wrote:
Picked up mine yesterday, so far so good, showing 40.1 mpg from a tight engine im happy with that.

Sold the FL2 back to the dealer with very little loss from over 2 years of ownership Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Thumbs Up

Is this a Pure or Prestige?

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #116249 9th Oct 2011 12:38 am
realspeed

United Kingdom 

Looks to me as if the designed started to fall asleep when drawing the roof line and the pen took a downward dive. Ok styling is one thing but cutting down a roof as badly as that is something else. The reason which seems to be forgotten is an estate is for carrying large or awkward loads , this car may have well been built with a conventional boot.

Sorry its not for me

Realspeed Ex 2010 Freelander2 GS-e Diesel manual Silver owner

Post #116258 9th Oct 2011 9:15 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

realspeed wrote:
The reason which seems to be forgotten is an estate is for carrying large or awkward loads , this car may have well been built with a conventional boot.

Every estate car designer in the world has forgotten that one! After 27 years of driving either proper estate cars or, occasionally, vans, the final decider is choosing the FL2 was the proper boot! I couldn't believe my luck when I took a tape measure to it and found I could actually fit stuff in it! Thumbs Up

The Evoque, like most modern "estate" cars, is unlikely to be getting its boot dirty...

Post #116262 9th Oct 2011 9:46 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

its as big as a golf etc and isnt designed for loading up. basically a car for a range rover owners wife - good job Mrs G hates them Cool At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #116274 9th Oct 2011 12:29 pm
M.I.B.

Executive Valeter wrote:
M.I.B. wrote:
Picked up mine yesterday, so far so good, showing 40.1 mpg from a tight engine im happy with that.

Sold the FL2 back to the dealer with very little loss from over 2 years of ownership Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Thumbs Up

Is this a Pure or Prestige?

Hi EV, This is a Prestige. :thumbsup:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #116307 9th Oct 2011 5:44 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234