Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > Any Aussies got one yet?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Many of the accessories available for the last year in Europe can be bought at discounted prices from LR Dealers who have ebay shops, you will certainly get your headlamp protectors from them in the autos section of ebay.co.uk. here http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...eelander+2 How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #9540 5th Nov 2007 11:22 am
OSHANDA

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue

My towbar is finally here. It's getting installed next Tuesday. Reflect on the past and plan for the future. But, above all - LIVE FOR THE MOMENT!!!

Post #9815 12th Nov 2007 12:08 pm
frayed

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

$ ?

Post #9907 13th Nov 2007 1:37 pm
OSHANDA

I think around $1,000 to $1,200. Can't remember exactly - it was packaged into the total price when I ordered the vehicle in July. I'll confirm price and send some photos after the installation. Reflect on the past and plan for the future. But, above all - LIVE FOR THE MOMENT!!!

Post #9976 14th Nov 2007 11:24 am
FooMan

Hi all,

I picked up my FL2 HSE 6i this afternoon. Its in Sumatra Black, Alpacca leather with metal pixel finisher with sun roof, w/tint etc. It looks great. They has a minor issue with the software setup for the towbar (reverse sensors stopped working). But the dealer Rolfe Canberra Land Rover got it sorted and so far they have been very good to deal with.

One thing I don't like are the trailer electrical connectors - two of them both round types - not the Aussie 7 pin flat style - one has a white cover and the other black? I am considering asking them to chage them to the single falt type - why two??? Any ideas

One thing the dealer gave me a LR shirt and hat as PR gear.

Still not pleased that LR Australia make you pay extra for Technology pack for SATNAV/ bluetooth, etc where it is standard in the UK, Europe /US etc on the HSE. The HID Bi-xenon headlights are great I must say but I still would have preferred the tech pack instead as standard with the lights as an option

Other then that I'm very happy so far. I'll post pictures over the weekend.

Paul

Post #10219 17th Nov 2007 2:02 pm
Ub2

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Hello Paul

The white connector is the standard Euro unit. LRA just supply the towbar as a standard plug in with both. This is nuts due to the extra wiring etc which must add to the cost. It also make the aussie connector sit out in the breeze where it is easily hit by rocks, ledges and sticks. Not good. Lloyds, Kembla St sell an adaptor to 7pin flat. Regards Ub2
My first Landie; SE TD4 auto Sunroof, Narvik Black with Alpacca interior, towbar & rear spoiler.

Post #10292 19th Nov 2007 11:40 am
FooMan

Thanks Ub2 Thumbs Up - I am still going to see if they will change it. They said they would if I insisted on it.

The only trailer I have has a flat 7 pin and my mates boat trailer is a flat 7 too. Adding the Euopean one does not make sense. at all??? Seems a lot that LRA do is that way Crying or Very sad

Regards. My First LR - FL2 HSE i6 Sumatra Black, Alpacca with Sunroof, Tints, HD Tow Pack

Post #10298 19th Nov 2007 12:45 pm
DOSMAN

Had my towbar fitted today. Looking forward to hitching up my boat and taking it fishing.

Agree with the previous posts - it doesn't make sense to have the two round plugs. It's not like I'll be shipping mine to the UK to tow anything Very Happy Reflect on the past and plan for the future. Above all, enjoy the moment!

Post #10351 20th Nov 2007 10:49 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
OSHANDA

DOSMAN wrote:
Had my towbar fitted today. Looking forward to hitching up my boat and taking it fishing.

Agree with the previous posts - it doesn't make sense to have the two round plugs. It's not like I'll be shipping mine to the UK to tow anything Very Happy

Actually that post was me! Somehow I've managed to set up two user ids on this site? Reflect on the past and plan for the future. But, above all - LIVE FOR THE MOMENT!!!

Post #10459 22nd Nov 2007 11:28 am
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
new string

Is there any reason why our Aussie friends only use one discussion string? Rolling Eyes

It is easy to set up new ones on new topics e.g. tow-bars! Razz
 Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #10480 22nd Nov 2007 9:35 pm
Ub2

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Hello Nick Jan

Do you mean the general towbar thread I started on 14/11/07 for general consumption rather than this Aussie forum we are currently in? Laughing

We Aussies tend to reply where the question was asked even if a little off topic. This is more polite than directing others elsewhere unless there is a particularly long thread to refer one to. As this is a uniquely Aussie area of the forum we tend to follow our own customs. Thumbs Up

If you have something to ad on towbars, please feel free at http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic1041.html

Wink Regards Ub2
My first Landie; SE TD4 auto Sunroof, Narvik Black with Alpacca interior, towbar & rear spoiler.

Post #10591 25th Nov 2007 1:51 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123