Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > Any Aussies got one yet?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
djhampson

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Rimini Red
Any Aussies got one yet?

I pick up my TD4 SE Rimini Red next Saturday... Can't wait!

Then it is time to start saving for some body protection, bull bar, roof racks, roof top tent, oh god this is gonna be expensive! Thumbs Up

Post #6398 8th Sep 2007 11:56 pm
frayed

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

not yet... ordered my HSE i6 in Black and have been quoted mid OCt delivery... not holding my breath tho...

Post #6410 9th Sep 2007 2:39 pm
OSHANDA

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue
Yep, last Friday

Baltic Blue, HSE TD.

It was scheduled for mid September and turned up a couple of weeks early.

I've had the frustrating experience of having the car sitting at the dealer for 2 weeks while my company and then the leasing company got the paperwork processed. I was able to look at it, touch it, sit in i but not drive it. Big Cry

So when I was finally able to pick up the car I was pretty excited Very Happy . Particularly as I've never had a new car before.

Anyway, I've driven it just over 400 kays so far and I'm loving it.

Cheers,

Darren Reflect on the past and plan for the future. But, above all - LIVE FOR THE MOMENT!!!

Post #6598 12th Sep 2007 11:06 am
npinks

United Kingdom 
Re: Yep, last Friday

OSHANDA wrote:
Baltic Blue, HSE TD.

Anyway, I've driven it just over 400 kays so far and I'm loving it.

That funny, I would normally have read in The Sun Newspaper about a mass Murderer been on the loose in Melbourne.

Whats your problem with people called Kay?? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #6604 12th Sep 2007 11:34 am
Karlos

Australia 

Seems like not too many people have them yet. At Alto Sydney they indicated they had a number down stairs ready to go but didnt seem that keen to sell them. I have a tradein and would like to get the best possible price. Also need to arrange finance. Was very keen then but now with level head think I will wait till next year when my current lease expires. Only seen one on the road other than the one I test drove.

Anyone had some experience with car brokers? Good or bad?

Post #6960 18th Sep 2007 4:36 am
Skylon

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

I placed an order was for an i6 SE in Stornaway Grey with Ebony interior. However, the Ebony is not available until December! If I wish to change to the beige, then I could had received it in October. With a 20 mth old and a dog, I figured I'll pass on the "light" interior!

Post #6977 18th Sep 2007 3:31 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I have the beige interior with a 21 month old, but no dog, Not a problem keeping it clean, but time will tell i suppose

Post #7038 18th Sep 2007 10:41 pm
trader

My Td4 HSE was wonky from pick up and returned after 2 weeks with a dead central instrument cluster. Has to made(VIN specific) in England. Original quote was 4-6 weeks off road-looks like sooner.
Not one for the JD power rating.
Not keen to keep once back on the road

Post #7529 27th Sep 2007 12:33 pm
Karlos

Australia 

trader wrote:
My Td4 HSE was wonky from pick up and returned after 2 weeks with a dead central instrument cluster. Has to made(VIN specific) in England. Original quote was 4-6 weeks off road-looks like sooner.
Not one for the JD power rating.
Not keen to keep once back on the road

Not good! Have a few queries for interest;
Is the wonky unit the only reason for not being keen to keep? What would you drive otherwise?
Reliability is probably my only concern regarding FR2.

What do you mean by JD power rating?

Post #7573 27th Sep 2007 11:34 pm
trader

The JD rating is OS based and measure of return work under warranty/customer satisfaction on new cars etc. Manufacturers like Lexus,Subaru always rate high. LandRover always low. In the USA they call the Disco 3 the LR3 because the Disco name had such a low reputation.The rating isn't done in Aus.

My car is now back on the road after LR Australia "fast tracked" the new part- I might add it took some terse words and I wouldn't rank LRA as high on customer PR- they really should look into this aspect.

As for other car not sure- as the car fitted my current need-I was going to give it to my wife(drives a faultless X5d) and I take on a RRS V8 diesel for both country/work needs. I don't think I can now afford to be stranded in the middle of nowhere with reliability issues.!

Post #7806 2nd Oct 2007 11:39 pm
Karlos

Australia 

Thanks for that.

RRS V8 diesel would probably be my dream car and wouldnt mind a X5d either. Unfortunately bit too expensive for me. Was hoping LR2 would be my practical alternative and step up from my current Subaru Forester XT. As you say reliability and customer service are a concern!

Post #7807 3rd Oct 2007 12:28 am
Ub2

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Hello Karlos

I have had my LR2 (Freelander2) for 3 wweks now and am happy. The big test will be this weekend when I drive to Melbourne to tow my Tvan back to Canberra. That is provided the towbar is fitted Friday. Otherwise I'll have to use my 2003 Pajero Exceed. LR2 is much more economical and in standard trim compares well
2003 3.2L DiD Pajero 121KW @3800rpm & 373Nm@2000rpm weight as I have it 2765Kg 90L fuel Av 13L100K
2007 2.2 LR2 SE 118KW @4000rpm & 400Nm@2000rpm weight 1780Kg 68L fuel Av 9L100K
but only 800K on the LR2 so far.

Regards Regards Ub2
My first Landie; SE TD4 auto Sunroof, Narvik Black with Alpacca interior, towbar & rear spoiler.

Post #8147 8th Oct 2007 12:44 pm
Karlos

Australia 

Ub2 wrote:
I have had my LR2 (Freelander2) for 3 wweks now and am happy. The big test will be this weekend when I drive to Melbourne to tow my Tvan back to Canberra. That is provided the towbar is fitted Friday.

Let me know how you go Ub2. Was surprised with the pickup on the LR2 compared to the LR3 during test drive. Am sure it has alot to do with the weight. Wasnt expecting the LR2 pickup to be as good as it does 0-100 in about 11sec and my Forester does 6.7sec.
Any problems with fitting the toe bar? Heard that the BMW X5 frame needs to be strengthened (expensive) to accept a toe bar. My Forester needed an oil pump added (no great expense).

Cheers

Post #8210 9th Oct 2007 1:11 am
Ub2

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Hello Karlos

The towbar was supposed to come out of ADR approval 8 or 9 October but had not as of 2.30pm 9 October. LRA have assured me it will be delivered to me in Canberra on 15 October. I needed it for a trip to Melbourne to collect my Tvan Monday 15th. I'll have to use another vehicle. Censored

As I was assured, at the time of ordering and again on taking delivery, that the towbar would only be a 2 - 3 week wait after the car's intended deliverydate of 13 September I am furious and asked LRA to take the car back as under the Trade Practices Act the vehicle as supplied is "not fit for intended purpose" that is towing. Not being able to tow is costing me money. They are organising compensation.

Also not happy about the lack of headlight & bonnet protectors which I was advised would be some time. Another issue is the floor carpets I ordered don't cover the driver's footrest. With an alpacca carpet this is nuts! Exclamation

I'll keep you posted. Regards Ub2
My first Landie; SE TD4 auto Sunroof, Narvik Black with Alpacca interior, towbar & rear spoiler.

Post #8230 9th Oct 2007 1:52 pm
mack

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Ub2 wrote:
Hello Karlos

The towbar was supposed to come out of ADR approval 8 or 9 October but had not as of 2.30pm 9 October. LRA have assured me it will be delivered to me in Canberra on 15 October. I needed it for a trip to Melbourne to collect my Tvan Monday 15th. I'll have to use another vehicle. Censored

As I was assured, at the time of ordering and again on taking delivery, that the towbar would only be a 2 - 3 week wait after the car's intended deliverydate of 13 September I am furious and asked LRA to take the car back as under the Trade Practices Act the vehicle as supplied is "not fit for intended purpose" that is towing. Not being able to tow is costing me money. They are organising compensation.

Also not happy about the lack of headlight & bonnet protectors which I was advised would be some time. Another issue is the floor carpets I ordered don't cover the driver's footrest. With an alpacca carpet this is nuts! Exclamation
I'll keep you posted.
Same problem over here, why oh why couldn't they have extended the rubber mat to include the foot rest, or had the foot rest made from ruber! Big Cry Big Cry Mack

HSE TD4 Sumatra Black

Post #8251 9th Oct 2007 8:59 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>