« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Hunters Derby
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Biscay

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Biscay Blue
Hunters Derby

Really mixed feelings. Sales guys were good but not happy on the delivery of the car. Paid for a body protection program and when I went to pick the car up it was dirty. Not even removed the grime from the paint round the wheel arches. Some stone chips I asked to be touched in were done with the wrong colour blue. Told him that I hadn't paid to protect the muck and wanted it reapplying. As it turned out inside was still dirty and water didnt bead so hadn't even had a good wash.

Took it back and they did it in two hours. Grime still round wheel arches. On asking why was told it was too dirty to get off and they had scubbed it. I pointed out that one front one was clean where I had done it and that they couldn't have tried hard as the little piece of masking tape that I had put on that morning was still there.

A unhappy sales man didit himself in front of me.

When I got home I noticed a little gash in the front bumper that wasnt there when I dropped it off. Not took it back as dont want more damage.

Now I wonder if they bothered with the 12 point check. Do you normally get to see it?

Love the car but was made feel more special when we brought the wife's little Astra from a car supermarket.

Post #96535 26th Mar 2011 10:16 am
alanbgt

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Bali Blue

Fairly typical behaviour, I think.

It's very special to the purchaser that it's right when you pick up the car. Most of the dealers don't really care, especially if it's a used car.

I picked mine up from Farnells in Leeds, 8 months old, 7,000 miles HSE - ex demo, used to be driven by the financial bloke at the dealer (can't remember the fancy name they have, but the one that tries to convince you he's done the best financial deal ever, but someone can't calculate the APR when you ask).

I could have washed, polished and cleaned the interior better myself in a couple of hours - and I'm no car detailer believe me.

Thing is, I had to be in Derby a few hours later to meet some friends, then off home to Somerset, so I just bit my lip and got on with it.

Happy to hear better stories, and I wish I had spent more time on this site before I chose the car/dealer combination.

I wouldn't go back.

It was not an experience worthy of £30k. MY10 TD4.e HSE
Bali Blue

Post #96536 26th Mar 2011 10:56 am
dunroof

We get slagged off on here by some for having a moan about dealers, but your experience is unfortunately totally typical. It's just as well we like the product, because if we didn't there would be no dealers left in the UK! Evil or Very Mad

Post #96540 26th Mar 2011 11:34 am
Dom Harvey

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Fuji White

Yeovil LR aren't like that at all, nothing is ever too much trouble and I've bought 3 LRs from them in the past 7 years. 
My Landrover History:
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Limited Edition - Current
2008 Discovery 3 GS Auto
2006 Discovery 3 Manual
2004 Discovery 3 Manual
2003 Defender TD5 CSW Manual
1996 Defender 300TDi CSW Manual

Post #96552 26th Mar 2011 1:28 pm
athelstan

On previous threads I have said that I know of folk that have had very poor to really bad experiences with Hunters of Derby over a number of years. My advice. stay away - they may be located on "Pride Park" but rthey do appear to show very little pride in their work. I will not buy anything from them.

Post #96557 26th Mar 2011 2:44 pm
hutchingsp

I went in there on a Saturday to look at a new Freelander 2.

I was in a totally (and I mean totally) empty showroom and after 15 minutes spent inside a FL2 nobody had bothered to so much as wonder over to say hello.

I'll admit to being a bit of a hypocrite in that I don't want to be pounced on the moment I walk in a place, but 15 minutes is just ignorant and poor in my view.

I did ask for a salesman, who eventually came down from upstairs, who gave me a brochure and suggested I "go have a read and call if I'm interested".

Surprisingly, they didn't get the business.

Post #96579 26th Mar 2011 7:43 pm
realspeed

United Kingdom 

Not exactly to do with LR but more in connection with the above message

I had a similar experience at a BMW dealership in Wolverhampton called Benhams some years ago when the X5 was launched.

We booked a test drive with a view to purchase an X5 at that time costing just over £40,000. Turned up at the dealership and totally ignored for 15/20 minuits even though the sales staff walked past several times. In the end went up to the reception desk and asked when I was going for the test drive and at last a sales person came over and said they knew nothing about the booked test and anyway didn't have an X5 there anyway for test drives.
So booked another one and when on the arranged date and exactly the same thing happened so won't go through it all again. Third time of booking I said they can bring a car to me which they said they didn't do but because of the missed previous test drives on this occassion they would make an exception.
OK had the test drive and went to the dealership to put a deposit down £1000 then to be told I would have a 14 month wait at least before I could have the car, yes 14 month wait at least, I could have built the car from spares in that time. So I gave it about 3 months then started pushing for getting the car and was told to wait my turn in a no uncertain manner. So I told them what they could do with their X5 and demanded my deposit back.

To be treated as badly as that on a purchase of to be exact £42000 you would have thought they would have pulled out at least some stops even for a test drive.

Realspeed

Post #96587 26th Mar 2011 9:58 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

I got my FL1 from there and sales were ok-ish but service was hideous. Tried to skank me big time. Got my FL2 from Stratstone Nottingham. Big thumbs up, more so for service than sales but very satisfied. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #96601 27th Mar 2011 1:36 am
hutchingsp

realspeed wrote:
I had a similar experience at a BMW dealership in Wolverhampton called Benhams some years ago when the X5 was launched.

Oh yes I've had fun with them too.

I considered a lot of styles of car once I'd decided I wanted to change my Boxster. At one point something like an S3 was a possibility and whilst I was sure I didn't like the BMW 1-Series based just on the looks, plenty of people were telling me I should at least go take a proper look at a fast one.

Went to Benham's as they're 100 yards from the Audi place, asked if I could take a look at a 1-Series, got taken to have a chat with a salesman who spent 20 minutes explaining to me how I could have an M3 for only £499 a month.

I was in no hurry so I just let him waste his time but it was quite a surreal experience.

Post #96633 27th Mar 2011 3:45 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

When I apply a paint/fabric protection package I generally spend a minimum of 2 hours though usually 3 & that is on a fully prepped (ie new) car!

One reason why when I ordered my FL2 I told the dealer they were not allowed to prepare it & that I would do it myself! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #96679 27th Mar 2011 9:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Biscay

I bet you wouldn't miss the piece of masking tape stuck to the edge of the wheel arch! Thing was it was so mucky I only had to flick it for it to come off.

Seeing I have a Certificate for its application do you think its worth getting them out to see if it has been applied at all. Since posting this I have hoovered the car out and cleaned it and found carpet stains and a different reaction to the product in the rear as to the front dash.

Post #96684 27th Mar 2011 9:42 pm
The Valeter

Biscay wrote:
I bet you wouldn't miss the piece of masking tape stuck to the edge of the wheel arch! Thing was it was so mucky I only had to flick it for it to come off.

Seeing I have a Certificate for its application do you think its worth getting them out to see if it has been applied at all. Since posting this I have hoovered the car out and cleaned it and found carpet stains and a different reaction to the product in the rear as to the front dash.

If your car has been done then I will eat my Freelander Shocked For a start the paintwork protection MUST be applied to fully clean paint & that is not just washed that is polished properly if it is a used car. So if it was dirty when you collected it they either didn't do it or they then decided to drive it in the rain Censored

When the fabric protector (like Scotchgaurd) is applied the carpets/seats must be fully or 90% dry otherwise it will not work.

How to test the fabrics = Simply get some water in a cup & drop a few drops on the carpet & if it beeds like on the paint it is done, if it doesn't then it has not been applied.

I go over & beyond when I do the interiors as I remove all floor mats & treat them outside the car then treat all carpets, moving seats back & forth thus treating underneath & transmission tunnel then do all the boot/loadspace areas. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #96691 27th Mar 2011 10:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Biscay

O.k. Thanks. I will check that and if so I will contact the company that lets them sell this under their name and put in a complaint. Any advise would be grateful.

Last edited by Biscay on 27th Mar 2011 10:33 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #96694 27th Mar 2011 10:21 pm
The Valeter

Biscay wrote:

Complain & threaten them with Trading Standards then tell them you want it Valeted/prepped properly FIRST & then the protection applied & say you wish to be there when they do it or to send an approved (like me) mobile guy to do it & that will be an at least 4 hour job.

Obviously wasn't prepared if there are stains on the carpet. Not sure about the product on the dash as nothing protects the plastics. Supagaurd offer an add-on to one of their packages for the dash & other plastics but this is simply a dressing only.

I offer these two packages only :-
Autoglym Lifeshine & Jewelultra Diamondbrite. www.exv-mobile.co.uk (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #96696 27th Mar 2011 10:33 pm
LRCRAZY321

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame
hunters

i have to laugh due to nature of your unfortunate complaint as we had exactly the same problem with hunters and so much so that we were beginning to think the valeter was blind!!!!.
after taking delivery of our freelander we noticed spilt pop in the door pockets and on the carpets and the car was also filthy on the outside too.
after complaining to the dealer principle who told us to bring it back which we did next day we were told they would do it again and guess what it still had pop in the places stated when we got it back!!.
to me its simple after service like that i will not be going there to buy my next car they can take a flying ...... i now take it to statstone nottingham for service and will buy from them when i am ready.
i have never been so badly treated by a dealer before they just don't give a monkeys once they have your money so steer well clear and spend your money elsewhere. Sheep funny taking my car complete with rams stickers to notts lol Sheep

Post #96812 28th Mar 2011 9:01 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>