Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Freelander 2 and towing!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
harasn

Australia 
Freelander 2 and towing!

Hi all,

Currently looking into buying a FL2 and am currently waiting on our local dealer to be able to show me a tow bar for the freelander 2. Apparently we have different rules in Australia in regards to tow bars to the rest of the world and they have released the car without on available. Does anyone from the other countries have any photos of their tow bars and those in Australia have you been able to order one with a tow bar yet! The main thing the freelander is going to be used for is towing as have a work car to use all the time and wont be signing up for the freelander till I know it will be right! The fun and games of wanting a car just as its been released!

Great car to drive but!

Post #5731 24th Aug 2007 12:38 pm
OSHANDA

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue

Hi,

I picked up my FL2 and I am still waiting for the tow bar to be fitted. Apparently it is still waiting for approval on ADR compliance. I have been told it could take until November. I understand the towbar is made by Hayman Reese so it should be good quality.

I'm also planning to use the Freelander for towing as well so went the TD4 option.

Cheers,

Darren Reflect on the past and plan for the future. But, above all - LIVE FOR THE MOMENT!!!

Post #6600 12th Sep 2007 11:22 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

My FL2 TD4 tows like I have forget to hitch the caravan on.

Though I find sixth gear is for downhills of flat roads at 55+ mph.

Post #6601 12th Sep 2007 11:27 am
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Witter do a tow bar too; it is EU approved but I don't know about AU D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #6642 13th Sep 2007 8:51 am
harasn

Australia 

I am still waiting on the tow bar to be sorted before I sign up as its the main use the car will have and need to use my current level rides. I have to have the 50mm square hitch!

I have emailed Hayman Reese and they are not working on a tow bar for it at this stage and looking through their online catalog they dont do any Land Rover tow bars!

Heres hoping the get it sorted ASAP as I want to sell my BF XR6 turbo before the new model comes out next year! The Freelander suits my needs like no other vehicle I have found so far! The turbo tows great but will drink the fuel!

Can you let me know ASAP when your tow bar is on OSANDA please! Love to see it on a car!

Thanks!

Post #7068 19th Sep 2007 6:17 am
John L

United Kingdom 

As npinks said we have towbars here in the UK.
I have got the Landrover detachable one fitted to mine (from new) and I have to say the vehicle tows like a dream. Hopefully the type approval should be sorted in Australia soon.

Post #9846 12th Nov 2007 9:17 pm
mburton2

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

I got mine fitted via http://www.indespension.co.uk/b2c/app/M00190 £220 supplied'n'fitted.
I then added a rather dodgy looking twin step to it....see pick in my gallarly....I know its not pretty, but its a Landrover, & needs to be used as such....& without a removable roof like my old 2001 FL1, I need somewhere to stand when I go shooting....

I MUST get around to swapping the white cover for a black one..... '57 FL2 GS
Sumatra Blk, Tints, Winterpack, Dodgylooking TowBar, roof rails, Front & Rear LED Indicators, Clear Side repeaters(Led), LED Rear Position/Brake lights, Additional Power-point in the boot & Brighter luggage Illumination fitted

Post #9862 12th Nov 2007 10:00 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

mburton2 wrote:
I know its not pretty, but its a Landrover, & needs to be used as such....& without a removable roof like my old 2001 FL1, I need somewhere to stand when I go shooting....

When i have seen people go shooting they are stood on the floor, Do you have to be a certain hight to go shooting nowadays Question or do you hide behind the car instead of a bush?

Post #9876 12th Nov 2007 11:50 pm
mburton2

lol...but I use it to go lamping with (well, I will soon, when I got the roof-rest finished)...driving round the fields at night, shooting from the motor (need at least 2 people, th driver/lamper & the shooter). Stand on the steps, resting arms/gun on the platform (attached to the roofbars)...making sure you DON'T shoot a hole through the front of the roof (Ive seen the result of this happen...makes nasty skid-marks on the roof (as well as the pants of the driver!) '57 FL2 GS
Sumatra Blk, Tints, Winterpack, Dodgylooking TowBar, roof rails, Front & Rear LED Indicators, Clear Side repeaters(Led), LED Rear Position/Brake lights, Additional Power-point in the boot & Brighter luggage Illumination fitted

Post #9882 13th Nov 2007 1:44 am
wheatonshunter

Netherlands 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 S Auto Tonga Green

mburton2 wrote:
I got mine fitted via http://www.indespension.co.uk/b2c/app/M00190 £220 supplied'n'fitted.
I then added a rather dodgy looking twin step to it....see pick in my gallarly....I know its not pretty, but its a Landrover, & needs to be used as such....& without a removable roof like my old 2001 FL1, I need somewhere to stand when I go shooting....

I MUST get around to swapping the white cover for a black one.....

Dear mburton2,

In your gallery I noticed your so called "rather dodgy looking twin step". It looks great. Thumbs Up
As I also use my FL2 for shooting and picking up, I am looking for a step like yours for a while.
Please can you tell me where you bought it?

Thanks,

Wheatonshunter

Post #12290 29th Dec 2007 12:39 pm
atelier

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

i saw one in Melbourne City Land Rover, and I was trying to hold it, it's bloody heavy and it looks good as well. Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE i6

Post #12379 31st Dec 2007 12:13 am
mburton2

wheatonshunter wrote:
mburton2 wrote:

I MUST get around to swapping the white cover for a black one.....

Dear mburton2,

In your gallery I noticed your so called "rather dodgy looking twin step". It looks great. Thumbs Up
As I also use my FL2 for shooting and picking up, I am looking for a step like yours for a while.
Please can you tell me where you bought it?

Thanks,

Wheatonshunter

To be honest, I cant remember.....I phoned up a few places that advertise in International Landrover Owner....

Craddocks, or Paddocks or something....about £18+Postage...

Hope that helps... '57 FL2 GS

Post #12396 31st Dec 2007 11:59 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1