Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 2011 Facelift complete!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

mcphersonstrut wrote:
Looks good with lots of positive vibes Mav71 Thumbs Up - don't let the negatives from the tw Censored ts on here grind you down, all changes are subjective you won't win the vote from everyone, and as you and CG have suggested an hour with a pozidrive and the fronts back to normal with the new MY panel 'in with the sale' or just slap it on tatbay Thumbs Up

My comments were not meant to be negative, but then I do like the appearance of the latest Freely and if I could I would certainly buy one Thumbs Up Its just that when I see older models of any car that have been modified to look like the latest model I wonder if they have been "repaired a bit".

However Mav71's plans for future rebuild before selling sounds an excellent idea. Agree about the crappie Pleather trim that we get/got at an incredible LR price and a leather retrim by one of the non LR company's is far better investment Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #83944 11th Dec 2010 4:35 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

AndyC Thumbs Up
Don't you think the name ''Windsor Pleather'' has a certain stylish air to it Cool But the real question is has LR bound the new manual in Windsor Leather or Windsor Pleather, I know what my money is on and it isn't the first one Big Cry

Post #83948 11th Dec 2010 5:24 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

AndyC wrote:
mcphersonstrut wrote:
Looks good with lots of positive vibes Mav71 Thumbs Up - don't let the negatives from the tw Censored ts on here grind you down, all changes are subjective you won't win the vote from everyone, and as you and CG have suggested an hour with a pozidrive and the fronts back to normal with the new MY panel 'in with the sale' or just slap it on tatbay Thumbs Up

My comments were not meant to be negative, but then I do like the appearance of the latest Freely and if I could I would certainly buy one Thumbs Up Its just that when I see older models of any car that have been modified to look like the latest model I wonder if they have been "repaired a bit".

However Mav71's plans for future rebuild before selling sounds an excellent idea. Agree about the crappie Pleather trim that we get/got at an incredible LR price and a leather retrim by one of the non LR company's is far better investment Thumbs Up

It's OK Andy, I didnt take your comments as Negative Thumbs Up I agree with what your saying. Thats why I won't re-fit the facelift 'Kit' until I have every part required and do it all at once. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #83954 11th Dec 2010 5:48 pm
Mav71

mcphersonstrut wrote:
AndyC Thumbs Up
Don't you think the name ''Windsor Pleather'' has a certain stylish air to it Cool But the real question is has LR bound the new manual in Windsor Leather or Windsor Pleather, I know what my money is on and it isn't the first one Big Cry

The annoying thing, is the Windsor is STILL only leather seat facings. For £1200 on top of standard leather trim, I would expect full leather. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #83956 11th Dec 2010 5:51 pm
Mav71

Well should get a delivery date on the boot handle today. I dropped the bumper off at my LR bodyshop and they are going to hang on to it until the handle arrives.

I think I may have figured out a way of fitting the boot handle without drilling the extra holes to make it reversable as well. But won't know until it turns up. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #84185 14th Dec 2010 10:42 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

do you mean the chrome monstrosity Shocked At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #84186 14th Dec 2010 10:53 am
stownrow

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Indus Silver

Mav71 wrote:
Well should get a delivery date on the boot handle today. I dropped the bumper off at my LR bodyshop and they are going to hang on to it until the handle arrives.

I think I may have figured out a way of fitting the boot handle without drilling the extra holes to make it reversable as well. But won't know until it turns up.

Are you gonna go for the new 2011 rear tale lights?? Smile

Post #84188 14th Dec 2010 10:56 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

mcphersonstrut wrote:
AndyC Thumbs Up

ahhh the Tata FL2 User Handbook holder, bound in real Blue Windsor Leather - Never Whistle and I still dont beleive it has been done although, somebody on here claims he got one, Guess it will be best quality blue cardboard next time Shocked 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #84216 14th Dec 2010 1:47 pm
athelstan

AndyC wrote:
mcphersonstrut wrote:
AndyC Thumbs Up

ahhh the Tata FL2 User Handbook holder, bound in real Blue Windsor Leather - Never Whistle and I still dont beleive it has been done although, somebody on here claims he got one, Guess it will be best quality blue cardboard next time Shocked

Andy - if you are referring to me re "blue leather" Owner's Manuals Wallet then her Laydship's Newport came with the blue plastic abomination which I complained about to the supplying LR dealer as I previously stated at the time. His response was to offer a Black Leather RR one - to which I said thanks no thanks (it was embossed with the garage name and Range Rover).

The original blue plastic OMW, together with the black plastic HB & GL gaiters were replaced by colour coded terracotta leather to match the Newpor's seats. I know of at least one Freel2.com member who upon seeing them said they look great.

Post #84217 14th Dec 2010 2:02 pm
Mav71

chicken george wrote:
do you mean the chrome monstrosity Shocked

Yep! I am going to dedicate it to you CG! Thumbs Up

stownrow wrote:
Mav71 wrote:

I think I may have figured out a way of fitting the boot handle without drilling the extra holes to make it reversable as well. But won't know until it turns up.

Are you gonna go for the new 2011 rear tale lights?? Smile

Yep, not sure about buying them new yet, but I may have access to a set. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #84232 14th Dec 2010 5:54 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

buying a bumper ok a bit OTT but its your cash blah blah etc etc, but a chrome plated arse piece Confused thats not cricket At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #84240 14th Dec 2010 7:24 pm
dunroof

Each to their own, but full marks to Mav71 for having the courage to buy a bumper and then to play about with it.

People dont like change, so you get covert hostility and open negativity. The usual cry of why not buy a 2011 model always comes up, but why spend thousands, when you can tart up your old model for a few hundred? It's only the Stealers that benefit from that one if you don't.

I am not sure it's about fooling anyone into thinking it's a 2011 model because at first glance 99% of people wouldn't know the difference if you bunged a FL1 and 2 together and told them to spot the difference. It's about what makes you happy and if the modifications float your boat, good luck to you.

Post #84250 14th Dec 2010 8:10 pm
DrownedRat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

Mav71 wrote:
By the way guys, the new style Halogen projector headlights that are fitted to the new 2011 car, and apparently plug and play, and are not too expensive to buy! Wink

Mav71 - before you do this see Druands post - he's not very excited by the new lamps............. There's always a way forward!

2008 Freelander Td4 GS - Stornoway Grey - Now Gone - Sob
2011 Freelander Td4 GS 150 - Rimini Red - in its place - Better x far x 4!!

Post #84265 14th Dec 2010 9:40 pm
Mav71

I dropped my car off for it's service this morning, and collected the new 3rd brake light, and front bumper spats. Also ordered brand new 2011MY rear lights.

So once the painting is done, I will do the whole job in one go! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #84418 16th Dec 2010 11:41 am
Mav71

A few updates.

I have fitted all three rear lights, to be honest, if your not interested in doing the whole upgrade. The 2011 rear lights really do make a difference on their own.

The rear handle will not be able to be done without it being permanent, so if you do it you will be stuck with it.

All should be painted next week then it's time for the whole job to be done. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #86026 31st Dec 2010 8:35 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>