Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 2011 Facelift complete!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
mattbridge

2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

The words .... why ? resale and value spring to mind. The missus - SD4 HSE - Black - 2012
Me - BMW 330d Saloon - Black - 2011

Post #83859 10th Dec 2010 10:27 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Looks very nice indeed. Was it difficult to remove & refit the bumpers?

Only issue I could forsee is a reference to the above post in as much when/if you sold it the buyer or dealer may think it has been in an accident hense the new parts. Did you photo the process of the job? (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #83860 10th Dec 2010 10:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

AndyC wrote:
Wont buyers think is a write off that's been ponced up, when you come to sell Question

Already thought of that. I am very aware what people may think when it is time to sell and why it has the facelift front.

But in reality, I don't think people would think that, not when they seen all the invoices and history of the car since we bought it. Most written off cars are sold a short while after being bought and re-built, the fact that we have already had ours for 3 1/2 years will make a difference.

As CG has already touched on, I am keeping the original bumper in storage to put back one the time comes to sell. With the exception of the 2011 bootlid handle that will be fitted, everything is totally reversable and I will keep all the original parts. Thumbs Up

Executive Valeter wrote:
Looks very nice indeed. Was it difficult to remove & refit the bumpers?

Only issue I could forsee is a reference to the above post in as much when/if you sold it the buyer or dealer may think it has been in an accident hense the new parts. Did you photo the process of the job?

Bumper is very easy to remove, once you have figured out how to remove it.
The car is back to normal now, the facelift bumper is off to be painted next week. But I will photograph the whole job, but when it is time to sell, I will put it back to standard.

Then, when the deal is done, show them the facelift kit and say they can have it for an extra few hundred pounds!
Twisted Evil Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Last edited by Mav71 on 10th Dec 2010 10:56 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #83861 10th Dec 2010 10:47 pm
Mav71

mattbridge wrote:
The words .... why ? resale and value spring to mind.

To answer the question why, we have had the car for nearly 3 1/2 years now, and the plan now I think is to keep it until the Freelander 3 comes out. It has been such a good car that I am reluctant to part with it.

It's not our main family car, so I only drive it occasionally and the Mrs still loves it. So I figured why not spend £300-£400 and get it all looking like a 2011MY which freshen's it up a little. It has a private plate anyway so it's age can't be seen.

Then as described above, I can reverse everything (Excluding the bootlid handle) back what it should be. I'd probably get most of my money back as CG has suggested selling the facelift 'kit'. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #83863 10th Dec 2010 10:53 pm
swalker900

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

What about wheels?

You can't have the fresh look without the wheels immediately giving the game away? Whistle

Post #83865 10th Dec 2010 11:00 pm
Mav71

swalker900 wrote:
What about wheels?

You can't have the fresh look without the wheels immediately giving the game away? Whistle

Already thought of that as well.

I have the 19" shadow chrome wheels as you know, but on page 50 of the new 2011 Freelander 2 brochure, they have the same 19" shadow Chrome alloys as an option. So it won't give it away. Wink Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #83869 10th Dec 2010 11:15 pm
swalker900

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Looks good! Like it!

Wish mine had the shadow chromes tbh

Where did you get the twin exhaust back box for the diesel? wonder if would work as mine has the dreaded DPF system?

Post #83872 10th Dec 2010 11:51 pm
Mav71

swalker900 wrote:
Looks good! Like it!

Wish mine had the shadow chromes tbh

Where did you get the twin exhaust back box for the diesel? wonder if would work as mine has the dreaded DPF system?

Its the i6 3.2 rear silencer. Yes it will work fine on yours. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #83874 11th Dec 2010 12:05 am
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Looks good with lots of positive vibes Mav71 Thumbs Up - don't let the negatives from the tw Censored ts on here grind you down, all changes are subjective you won't win the vote from everyone, and as you and CG have suggested an hour with a pozidrive and the fronts back to normal with the new MY panel 'in with the sale' or just slap it on tatbay Thumbs Up

Post #83880 11th Dec 2010 12:38 am
Stompy

United Kingdom 

Looks great, nice job.

I fear Junior will be requiring this upgrade asap.....

Which, as ever I'll do for him no probs Smile Ex-2009 Freelander 2 HSE Auto owner

christian138 wrote:
Suck it up and move on Thumbs Up

Post #83890 11th Dec 2010 6:36 am
Mav71

By the way guys, the new style Halogen projector headlights that are fitted to the new 2011 car, and apparently plug and play, and are not too expensive to buy! Wink Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #83922 11th Dec 2010 12:47 pm
ad210358

England 

chicken george wrote:
no Andy I reckon he will replace the original at selling time, then sell the facelift bumper to someone on here.

surely a true 2011 car have no towbar Rolling Eyes

I think we have a genuine contender here for best looking car on the forum Whistle

Post #83924 11th Dec 2010 1:30 pm
Mav71

npinks wrote:
Just the Winsor leather interior to do now Thumbs Up

I don't like the Windsor Leather Nick. This option will come back and kick LR in the arse in my opinion. I have a lot of experience with Leather interiors, a good friend of mine own's a leather re-trim company so have learnt alot on the last 8 cars he has re-trimmed for me.

The Windsor option is £1200 and is still only leathe seat facings, so you have vinyl sides and backs, with Nappa leather facings. This will cause the softer leather to stretch and sag as it will move more than the Vinyl.

If they did the whole thing in Nappa then it would be OK. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #83925 11th Dec 2010 1:35 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

ad210358 wrote:

If only Mavs car was black I think we would have a genuine contender here for 2nd best looking car on the forum Whistle
 At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #83928 11th Dec 2010 2:06 pm
ad210358

England 

chicken george wrote:
ad210358 wrote:

If only Mavs car was black I think we would have a genuine contender here for 2nd best looking car on the forum Whistle

What was the posting on forum regarding forum etiquette Question Laughing
When you have good base to start with (Stornoway) the little modifications updating it, no contest really Whistle

Post #83936 11th Dec 2010 3:07 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>