« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > LR Assistance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Ian M

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Izmir Blue
LR Assistance

To cut a long story short, for a couple of weeks in November, I noticed a distinct change in the tone of the engine when the vehicle was moving, almost as if the autobox was in sport mode. After consulting two local dealerships, admittedly one at lunchtime and one at 4 in the afternoon, both receptionists suggested I call out LR assist as their technicians were either at lunch or busy. So, I did, and within 45 minutes the technician arrived and diagnosed power steering trouble. He was very efficient and organised a Freelander HSE auto hire vehicle from Enterprise and also booked my vehicle in to the dealers for the next day. Problem solved, under warranty or it would have cost over £400 for parts alone - new rack and two ? pumps.

So, the question is ' are LR dealers trying to get LR assist to diagnose the faults' ?

Post #83384 7th Dec 2010 7:42 pm
R1JIM

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Sumatra Black

no they dont get LR assist to diagnose the fault, if they take it rather than you the dealer gets paid a higher warranty repair rate to make your job a priority, best to use them every time.gets done quicker., that what a landrover assist man told me anyway TO DARE IS TO DO

Post #83396 7th Dec 2010 8:56 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

R1JIM wrote:
no they dont get LR assist to diagnose the fault, if they take it rather than you the dealer gets paid a higher warranty repair rate to make your job a priority, best to use them every time.gets done quicker., that what a landrover assist man told me anyway

Perhaps I should have done that with my phone system, maybe it would have been sorted by now lol. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #83400 7th Dec 2010 9:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1