Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Full Re-Spray - On the 14th July (my birthday) our local tow
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lukey Luke

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Full Re-Spray - On the 14th July (my birthday) our local tow

On the 14th July (my birthday) our local town was hit by a freak storm which damaged over 800 houses, load of business etc. My wife had just parked the car out side the nursery to get our little one when the storm kicked off, no one was hurt, however the roof tiles on the school started flying off the roof in the direction of the car. No major damage, but every panel needs to be treated and re-sprayed. Am getting the work done in Belgium at the grand cost of 9,000 euro. Check out my photos in my gallery, I thought it might cost 4k euro, found it hard keeping a strait face when they gave we the estimate.

Main thing is everyone was safe and that good old AxA insurance have been great so far. Looking forward to getting a new shiny car back soon, I might ask them to put the new face lift bumpers, rear lights etc on, wonder it it will cost extra.

Because my claim is outside of UK i do not a replacement car from AxA, can you belive LR will earn 9k from this and they are not prepared to give me one for a few days. HSE, Auto, Colour - Yes

Post #75085 1st Sep 2010 10:26 pm
athelstan

A replacement car in the context of storm related accidental damage is not LR's domain - it is a natural "hazard" that's to be (or not) covered at the vehicle owner's discretion i.e. through insurance.

Given the circumstances you describe I recommend (subject to proof) that the "restitution" claim is not one against the policy you hold, but against the nursery, the owners thereof (and if tenants their landlord's) buildings insurance.

You find yourself in a dreadful situation - most unfortunate - and you should not suffer any financial or mobility loss. Judging from the picture in your gallery is there not damage to the glass and other trim elements as well?

Finally, LR basically profit not from such an episode - the majority of cost in this type of damage resides in the garage's labour fees. Materials will be a minor element and the paint and laquer will not be supplied by LR.

Post #75090 2nd Sep 2010 5:22 am
DrownedRat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

Lukey Luke

my condelences for your damage - nothing more annoying!! Crying or Very sad

I should say though that I have seen similar damage occuring when my kids have been playing football in the street outside my house. Try to claim that one on anyone's insurance!! Laughing

Joking aside - hope you are pleased with the finished results when your Freelie is returned to you. There's always a way forward!

2008 Freelander Td4 GS - Stornoway Grey - Now Gone - Sob
2011 Freelander Td4 GS 150 - Rimini Red - in its place - Better x far x 4!!

Post #75312 5th Sep 2010 10:41 pm
Lukey Luke

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Getting the car back tom. Can not wait, it has been hard being a one family car house. However i have liked working from home for the last two week (thank you technology).

Really hope they have done a good job. HSE, Auto, Colour - Yes

Post #76800 24th Sep 2010 10:31 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1