Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Landrover Dealers - Is it Me?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 6 123456>
Print this entire topic · 
GrahamC

United Kingdom 
Landrover Dealers - Is it Me?

Hi all Graham here.

I'm new to the forum and hoping to be the proud owner of a Stornoway Grey D4e XS sometime soon.

I'm having a really dreadful time with the dealer Stratstone Cheltenham and was wondering if any one else has had the same problems with Land Rover dealers.

I negotiated the price of a new FL2 in mid Jan and signed on the dotted line. I expressly said that I didn't want to wait months for a new car and so wanted a standard GS from stock and not fussed about the colour. I was shown a long list of cars that were available and delivery was set for Jan 26th.

The date came and went with nothing from the dealer. Phoned him up to be told there there was nothing in stock. A few more days passed - still nothing. Phoned him again and got the same story. Told him I'd go for an XS is he could source one.

He finally rang back and said he had one -slated for build in the first week in March.

I started ringing again at the beginning of this week to see if he had news on a delivery date. Calls not answered, messages to call me back not answered - nothing. I've now phoned three times this week with no joy.

Without doubt this is the most shockingly bad service I've ever had when buying any new car - let alone one that costs this much.

Am I just unlucky or is this par for the course?

Post #63080 10th Mar 2010 5:15 pm
Ralphk

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

Grahamc I tried to buy from Stratstone in Cheltenham but didn't like the vibes I was getting. I ended up at Hereford Landrover and they did me a better deal and found the car that I wanted within 14 days. Give Paul a ring and see how you get on. I must say though that the site sponsors - Lookers seem to be worth a punt based on the positive feed back they get from the site. Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #63083 10th Mar 2010 5:42 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Shocked That I'd no where near the service I have had from either of my dealers Shocked

Try contacting James at Lookers Park Royal to see what they have in or coming in

They are are the forums sponsor and have had a good set of feed back on here, and the other forums Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #63085 10th Mar 2010 5:46 pm
Ralphk

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

Come on Nick I said it first! If there is alot of commission going shouldn't it be my turn? Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #63087 10th Mar 2010 5:47 pm
ad210358

England 

There do seem to be the odd one or two not so good dealers about but it's usually after they get your cash not before. If it's not to late you could try the site sponsor, not having dealt with them myself but many on here have yet not a bad word has been spoken about them. I know it's a bit of a drag from you to the other end of the A40 and it would be good to use the dealer on the doorstep but I am sure they could deal with most of your requirements over the phone.

Good luck in your quest. Thumbs Up p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #63088 10th Mar 2010 5:49 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Laughing You typed faster than me Evil or Very Mad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #63089 10th Mar 2010 5:50 pm
ad210358

England 

Note to self: Must type faster. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #63090 10th Mar 2010 5:51 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Thanks all for the mention.

Graham - You won't be able to send PM's yet as you need 5 posts first, so could you email me with your contact details to jamestayler@lookers.co.uk and I'll give you a call. I'm off today so will be tomorrow if that's ok?

Try speaking to their Sales Leader or Franchise Manager to establish the exact position regarding your order. If it says January delivery on your order form then they should be looking to find a vehicle for you or release you from the contract as the performance is not being met.

We are obviously very happy to help, however I would clarify things with them first.

Regards

James Thumbs Up

Last edited by Lookers Park Royal on 10th Mar 2010 8:03 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #63092 10th Mar 2010 5:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Carnoch

On the whole LR dealers are a bunch of arrogant, self serving, aloof individuals as you are likely to come across.

Stratstones supplied my last FL2. When I phoned them up regarding a new replacement, it took three calls to get one back. Then the Salesman took the pop when I told him I knew I'd paid over the odds for it last time. E-mailed me back mumbeling something instantly forgetable, very tounge in cheek. When I when to clear the air, he did a Greta Garbo and wouldn't talk to me. Typifies their attitude generally. Wan*ers!

Another dealer, local to me, whom I purchased a D3 off last year was even worse, but the price was cheap because I played them off, but attitude, it stank.

Post #63096 10th Mar 2010 6:06 pm
Northern Monkey

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Having only ever dealt with Barretts of Canterbury I cannot comment on Land Rover Dealers as a whole Shocked but found all the staff there polite,helpful and approachable. Thumbs Up Baltic blue XS - Alpaca Leather - 18" HSE wheels.

Post #63106 10th Mar 2010 6:28 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I wonder if the deal you got was so good that the Censored Service is their way of getting out of it or the sold the car to a higher offer accidentally

i've heard of it happening before, or they are such good performers they don't need your sale Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #63107 10th Mar 2010 6:29 pm
FLETCH

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Auto Lago Grey

I visted a Stratstone dealer local to me with the view of placing an order there and then.
After 10 -15 minutes of standing in the showroom being totally ignored by all their staff I left.
OK, they were busy, but a "sorry to keep your Sir, we will be with you as soon as possible" would have gone a long way!! Evil or Very Mad
Next day I visted Lancaster Reading, the attitude was completely different, they also were busy, bu instantly I got "Good morning, here is a copy of our Stock list for you, I will be with you as soon as I can" Wink
Half an Hour later I bought FL2 GS Auto.
I was told there was a long waiting list 3-4 months, when I explained I needed one urgently the salesman phoned the factory and I had one within a week, albeit no choice of colour.
Not all dealers are the same, I can recommend Lancaster Reading, Ian Reay, I cannot recommend Stratstone.
It would appear that "Lookers" are also very good.
I have a friend who also has had the same treatment from Stratstone, he is now buying from Lancaster.

Post #63109 10th Mar 2010 7:04 pm
ad210358

England 

I very mutch think we both have used the sme dealer and both had the same responce. Mine was in the same local dealer recently and enquired about part exing it in, apparantly they did do an appraisal on so I'm told but never found out what it was after three phone calls a two visits gave up. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #63111 10th Mar 2010 7:11 pm
tonka

United Kingdom 

We bought our FL2 from Stratstone in Swansea & the sales guy we delt with Paul Moreton was first class. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up If I had all the money I spent on Beer!, I'd spend it on Beer!.

Post #63116 10th Mar 2010 7:20 pm
On-board

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

You guys and girls need to move too suffolk or London. We have a good LR dealer network here.

Post #63118 10th Mar 2010 7:37 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 6 123456>