Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > On Gumtree Today (London) Nice 19" Wheels... OEM?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Junior

England 

Maybe The car cleaner could buy them and put them on ebay at £1400 Laughing

Post #65701 6th Apr 2010 6:04 pm
ad210358

England 

Maybe he already has. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #65703 6th Apr 2010 6:22 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Junior wrote:
Maybe The car cleaner could buy them and put them on ebay at £1400 Laughing

Sounds a good idea lol alass mine were dearer than that & I have only advertised them while they are in my garage waiting to get fitted but if they sell that is good, if they don't they go on mine when I get time. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #65717 6th Apr 2010 8:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Junior

England 

Surely putting those 'spport' wheels on your HSE would cheapen the look Question

Post #65734 6th Apr 2010 11:04 pm
The Valeter

Junior wrote:
Surely putting those 'spport' wheels on your HSE would cheapen the look Question

Not sure really, the Tripple Sports do look very nice but the Diamond Turned style look awsome & when I offered them up to the car they really did look good - so what to do? Maybe have the sports for Winter & the others for Summer lol..problem is space in garage to store! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #65740 6th Apr 2010 11:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
greengiant

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

Executive Valeter wrote:
Junior wrote:

Not sure really, the Tripple Sports do look very nice but the Diamond Turned style look awsome & when I offered them up to the car they really did look good - so what to do? Maybe have the sports for Winter & the others for Summer lol..problem is space in garage to store!

Just a thought, if they are the same size, put two Triple Sports on one side and two Diamond on the other, that way you have the best of both worlds and a spare set exactly the same in the garage Thumbs Up 09 FL2 HSE auto Lago Grey
71 Triumph Stag 3L
68 NGTCV8 3.5L

Post #65743 6th Apr 2010 11:42 pm
The Valeter

Now there's a thaught!! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #65746 6th Apr 2010 11:48 pm
vibecy

Cyprus 

Guys just to let you know:

The latest shipment of FL2 Sport to Cyprus (40 cars in total if I recall correctly) had their spare wheels stolen before they arrived in Cyprus. There is a possibility that the wheels mentioned on gumtree are from the bunch of wheels stolen.

The police are investigating AFAIK.

(I am also waiting for a replacement spare wheel as my car was one of the 40 unlucky ones).

Regards,
vibecy

Post #65751 7th Apr 2010 5:59 am
tonka

United Kingdom 

vibecy wrote:

The latest shipment of FL2 Sport to Cyprus (40 cars in total if I recall correctly) had their spare wheels stolen before they arrived in Cyprus. There is a possibility that the wheels mentioned on gumtree are from the bunch of wheels stolen.

(I am also waiting for a replacement spare wheel as my car was one of the 40 unlucky ones).

Regards,
vibecy

The spare wheel in the sport is a 17" (BLACK STEEL WHEEL) If I had all the money I spent on Beer!, I'd spend it on Beer!.

Post #65758 7th Apr 2010 10:01 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I did say ad5583086080's were a crime Shocked handling stolen goods Evil or Very Mad better confess and hand them in. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #65759 7th Apr 2010 10:02 am
Junior

England 

greengiant wrote:

Just a thought, if they are the same size, put two Triple Sports on one side and two Diamond on the other, that way you have the best of both worlds and a spare set exactly the same in the garage Thumbs Up

Brilliant Idea that EV, You said you like to stand out from the crowd Laughing

Post #65762 7th Apr 2010 11:38 am
ad210358

England 

chicken george wrote:
I did say ad5583086080's were a crime Shocked handling stolen goods Evil or Very Mad better confess and hand them in.

If it worried me I'm sure CG would take them off my hands he still seems to be looking for a decent set of wheels Whistle

If they were off the Cypprus shippment shipping must be slow I bought these nearly two months ago. Still if you have no wheels they will take longer to arrive I supppose. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #65802 7th Apr 2010 7:41 pm
The Valeter

vibecy wrote:

Regards,
vibecy

I wonder where abouts in the UK the wheels left? Would have thaught it would be difficult to steal 40 wheels. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #65812 7th Apr 2010 8:58 pm
vibecy

Cyprus 

Executive Valeter wrote:
vibecy wrote:

Regards,
vibecy

I wonder where abouts in the UK the wheels left? Would have thaught it would be difficult to steal 40 wheels.

As far as the dealer told me (true or not, no idea) 08MY and 09MY used to be shipped with their boot compartment locked. There was a health and safety rule that from now 2010MY onwards when the cars are shipped via vessels, their boot needs to be unlocked - I can't imagine why though.

Whoever nicked them had plenty of time to do so, as they removed the steel support pole cap holding the spare, removed the spare and then screw back on the cap (!).

I will let you know if anything else comes up.

R,
v

Post #65839 8th Apr 2010 6:41 am
ad210358

England 

Strange why they would insist on the doors being unlocked. I see many a LR vehicle on Transporters heading for Southampton Docks and LR like many other makers put labels across all the doors so that anyone can see if the door has been opened since it left the production line. Question p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #65933 9th Apr 2010 7:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>