« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Unwell Freel 2 Cutting Out
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
rpjweeks

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

ad210358 wrote:
This has finally I think clome to and happy ending, I have picked my freel 2 up tonight and all seems well, after a little over a month in surgery she is home.
After three software upgrades, a Turbo, Crankshaft Sensor, Engine Harness Power Train Controller as Ford call it or an Engine ECU as LR call it, I have it back safe and well and the fault was none of thr items mentioned it the list.
Solved by the Dealers own technician Bow down who went out on a limb as I think LR had just about given up, he thought about it logically as they all felt that the fault was with the sensors, he changed the Reluckter Ring (Excuse spelling or even the name) it is the ring located on the main crankshaft pulley which makes its own charge to tell the Crank Sensor what to do, apparantly it is has microsopic wires in it and it seems that this was the fault.

Am I glad that's over.

I had the same problem with my 2007 MY57, intermittent power loss which was quite violent/sudden. Turbo, PCM and other components changed. LR fitted data logging equipment to my vehicle, but still couldn't diagnose the problem. Eventually a long 'event' when the vehicle lost power for about 10 seconds caused a 'reduced engine performance' message to be displayed. Back to the LR dealership and this time a code for crankshaft sensor was present. It was changed and the problem hasn't reoccurred. It took two plus years and a lot of patience to resolve! The problem started in the warranty period and LR were very good continuing to do all the work under warranty despite the vehicle being five years old by the time the sensor was replaced.

Post #211841 22nd Dec 2013 11:25 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345