Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Freelander 2 Sport Pics
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

From what I was told from LR customer relations when I was saying that the Freelander in it's standard form is too boring & there is no sporty option it was Ford's decision on that subject & the new LRX will fill that gap!

I like the wheels & the headrests but the style of the seats as with all FL2's is somewhat far from sporty & only the HSE is made a bit better by the perforations & the extra sow pattern on the bolster & I would say with confidence are taken from a Ford C-Max or focus Mad Landrover I think could have done a far better job with the styling on the front seats. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #55141 13th Jan 2010 9:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Doc

United Kingdom 

or rover?

Post #55145 13th Jan 2010 9:37 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

smo wrote:
I like the wheels, i think they look smart but cant seem them looking like that for long after they have met the curb and been taken off road!

No one with a brain goes off road with 19" Shocked 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #55152 13th Jan 2010 10:25 pm
smo

England 

AndyC wrote:
smo wrote:
I like the wheels, i think they look smart but cant seem them looking like that for long after they have met the curb and been taken off road!

No one with a brain goes off road with 19" Shocked

Rim size doesnt matter much when you use proper BIG tyres, my other toy has 37" tyres on it!! Very Happy I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

TD5 D-Lander hopefully finished soon!
FL2....this year with any luck!

Post #55153 13th Jan 2010 10:27 pm
The Valeter

The Doc wrote:
or rover?

Rover what? (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #55155 13th Jan 2010 10:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndyC

The SPORT comes in two versions the one in the photos without the sport panels and one with the plastic stick on HST left-over SPORT panels (see earlier photos on another thread). Both have the new alloys and two tone seats. Seems to me they didnt want a new name for the Touring version so called that sport as well Laughing 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #55158 13th Jan 2010 10:31 pm
AndyC

smo wrote:
AndyC wrote:
smo wrote:

No one with a brain goes off road with 19" Shocked

Rim size doesnt matter much when you use proper BIG tyres, my other toy has 37" tyres on it!! Very Happy

as I said nobody with a ...... Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #55160 13th Jan 2010 10:33 pm
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

I like the wheels too... Mr. Green

Post #55190 14th Jan 2010 9:26 am
The Doc

United Kingdom 

Executive Valeter wrote:
The Doc wrote:
or rover?

Rover what?

"Landrover I think could have done a far better job with the styling on the front seats."

or rover?

Post #55191 14th Jan 2010 10:03 am
The Valeter

The Rover seats wern't meant to be sporty that was left to MG. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #55192 14th Jan 2010 10:08 am
The Doc

United Kingdom 

From the nature of your posts and complaints from day one from the "too boring" looks, "rubbish MPG" and "Ford C-Max or focus seats", along the fact that your call your FL2 a HSE "sport" it sounds like you have made the wrong vehicle choice, you seem to strive for a "sporty feel" rather than a capable, quality 4x4?

I've just started buying Ford Fiesta Sport vans for the guys in work that have sports seats, sporty looks, alloys etc amd return massive MPG. Would that type of vehicle not have been a more suitable relpacement for your MG sport van you had before?

Or you could have bought a Range Rover Sport..... Laughing

Post #55200 14th Jan 2010 11:10 am
philsh

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

I'm not convinced with those wheels. they look like they should be on a Focus RS. I think the shadow chromes are the classiest looking wheels by far. Im'm just too tight to upgrade Thumbs Up

The new offer on the FL2 'black or white' looks quite a good deal for £19,500. However it is an 'S' in drag, which is too basic for me. Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #55266 14th Jan 2010 8:19 pm
The Valeter

The Doc wrote:
From the nature of your posts and complaints from day one from the "too boring" looks, "rubbish MPG" and "Ford C-Max or focus seats", along the fact that your call your FL2 a HSE "sport" it sounds like you have made the wrong vehicle choice, you seem to strive for a "sporty feel" rather than a capable, quality 4x4?

I've just started buying Ford Fiesta Sport vans for the guys in work that have sports seats, sporty looks, alloys etc amd return massive MPG. Would that type of vehicle not have been a more suitable relpacement for your MG sport van you had before?

I wanted a Range Rover Sport but no way could afford one. To be honest I didn't really buy the FL2 for it's 4x4 capabilities though it has been very good in the weather , I really got it because it is British & has historical ties with my other cars.
Also it's main use is as a works vehicle but can quickly double up as a usefull family vehicle as when we all went to Blackpool in the Summer in the Rover 25 it proved far too small.
Yes I do like sporty looks as I have with my MG Express Van & I think the additions I have made to my FL2 have transformed it from a rather plain vehicle to one that turns a few heads.
I do like it a lot but there are several things about it that I don't particually like.
Wouldn't buy any other type of van as they are just far too common especially the French Euro crap & anyone can go out & get a plain old van - I wanted something for my business that is different & makes a statement & also hopefully shows customers that I have a srong interest in cars. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #55275 14th Jan 2010 8:43 pm
LR2inTheUSA

United States 2010 LR2 i6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

The seats look more interesting. Cool

Post #55841 19th Jan 2010 1:44 am
Rowy

Executive Valeter wrote:
The Doc wrote:

I wanted a Range Rover Sport but no way could afford one. To be honest I didn't really buy the FL2 for it's 4x4 capabilities though it has been very good in the weather , I really got it because it is British & has historical ties with my other cars.
Also it's main use is as a works vehicle but can quickly double up as a usefull family vehicle as when we all went to Blackpool in the Summer in the Rover 25 it proved far too small.
Yes I do like sporty looks as I have with my MG Express Van & I think the additions I have made to my FL2 have transformed it from a rather plain vehicle to one that turns a few heads.
I do like it a lot but there are several things about it that I don't particually like.
Wouldn't buy any other type of van as they are just far too common especially the French Euro crap & anyone can go out & get a plain old van - I wanted something for my business that is different & makes a statement & also hopefully shows customers that I have a srong interest in cars.

I feel that there are three themes regarding accesories,
1) 'Sporty' i.e Large wheels & body kit, HST style
2) 'Rugged' i.e bull bar, side bars, lamp pods, light protectors
3) 'Tarmacin Gypo' i.e crome etc

Seems you have rather blured the boundries Whistle

Post #55940 20th Jan 2010 4:31 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>