Home > Off Topic > Looking for some advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Looking for some advice

Hi all

I'm enjoying the unfailing performance of my FL2 in all this snow, but really struggling with my second car, an Audi A3 (I live up a narrow lane which doesn't get cleared). I'm looking to swap the A3 later this year, and whilst a second FL2 appeals, I don't really want 2 cars the same. (and I can't wait until 2011 for the LRX).

I'm looking at another A3, but can't decide whether the quattro option would be worthwhile - has anyone got any experience of how the quattro system copes on snowy/icy roads - is it worth the extra?

Thanks

BG

Post #54283 8th Jan 2010 12:52 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

You cant have missed all the posts concerning winter tyres, which would be a cheaper option than changing the car Thumbs Up

However if you are still looking to swap and need winter traction then why not look at a lower spec FL2 or even one of the smaller 4x4's Question - the Tiguan has had good reports here and is the biggest selling 4x4 in Norway Wink 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #54285 8th Jan 2010 1:01 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

If I had to do 1000 lines for mentioning a certain brand of German 'soft' roader then so must you Shocked

''Tiguans are nearly as c Censored p as BMW's''

Copying and pasting your first line is not acceptable. Laughing

Post #54298 8th Jan 2010 1:46 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

You cant have missed all the posts concerning winter tyres, which would be a cheaper option than changing the car Thumbs Up

boiledgnat owns a Audi A3 which is basicly the same as a Golf, and a pumped up Golf with 4x4 is called the Tiguan. He was also talking about an A3 Quatro - so me thoughts I was being helpfuls by keeping him on 4x4 lines.

There is no doubt in my mind what I personally think about a Tiguan Twisted Evil and of course would reccomend the best medium sized 4x4 in the world as first choice Thumbs Up (or winter tyres) Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #54300 8th Jan 2010 1:58 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

No personal experiance of a quattro

but a friend up went A3 quattro to A5 standard noticed the difference the first time it snowed this year Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #54307 8th Jan 2010 2:29 pm
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Thanks for the responses.

I'd rather have another FL2 over a Tiguan, but don't really want 2 4x4s. As for winter tyres, I can see the benefit, but not sure could be bothered to store 4 extra wheels and make the swap over twice a year. The A3 is knocking on a bit now (1999/T), so is overdue for a change anyway!

I'm just looking for a bit more traction for the rare occasions I need it and my wife has bagsied the FL2! Sad

BG

Post #54315 8th Jan 2010 3:41 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1