Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Im niggled with landrover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
AndyT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

What happened to your original radio? If you can get that back it should be a minor job to swap the facia/buttons to the new module.
This notwithstanding, I'm still bemused as to why the radio is changed to solve a parking sensor issue. I would expect the radio just to 'pass' the audio and have nothing to do with the processing of the ultrasonics.

Post #55550 17th Jan 2010 11:45 am
On-board

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

The original radio has gone back to warranty claims. According to them the facia do not come off so they wouldnt touch it.
Do not ask me how it is anything to do with it as I do not know. All I know is its fixed for now. Confused

I have got over my niggle with LR- I am now extremely Censored off with them.

They are a good car, but there backup service is Censored and thats one thing us farmers will usually always look into first. I cant help but think if they ara not stocking parts on 22 month old cars (and newer as you guys still have the same) what ever are they gonna be like in years to come ?
A Landrover certainly isnt a car to be a "keeper" I can see that.

I just wish a toyota would get about as well If they did (come on toyota) without a shadow of a doubt I wouldnt look at another LR - ever.

Post #55554 17th Jan 2010 12:45 pm
AndyT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

There will be no LR training to dismantle a radio (understandably) so the dealer wouldn't entertain such a task but any competent service engineer could swap the fasciae. I'd bet large sums that it will come off. The fixings are likely hidden but there's no way it's permanently bonded.
Haven't some owners replaced the OEM radio with aftermarket options? Maybe there's one sat on a shelf somewhere - try a want ad.

If it were me, I'd strongly suggest that they get the original returned to me and I'd sort the swap myself.

As for boycotting the brand - you said yourself that they had been attentive and proactive in dealing with the issue. Seems a shame to avoid the best option in the 4WD market for the sake of a colour mismatch. I'd go back to them saying you don't consider the matter closed?

Post #55561 17th Jan 2010 1:18 pm
On-board

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Even if you were right Andy, LR will not let me have the old radio. They can only let me have one and then they have to recieve the dodgey one faulty or not back. But IF I could of had it back I maybe could have found a way round it Rolling Eyes

Ok LR customer care have tried to get round the problem however several times ive been faced with is the famous "not my department" quote and passing the buck onto my local dealer which in all fairness have tried there best to resolve the issue.

Fancy LR phoning me up friday and just to say "theres nothing we can do we are closing the case". What happened to asking how the customer feels and whetehr the customer is happy with the outcome ?

Yes they are good 4WD's but the aftercare is Censored. And from the aftercare that is why I will never buy another.

Post #55580 17th Jan 2010 4:12 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

chicken george wrote:
tell them to make to colours match and keep the full warranty or even extend it for your inconvenience. the cant just randomly change the colour of your dash, they have to repair it to its as new colour. feckless idiots cnat put right a simple facia on new car Confused and they wonder why people have to resort to buying those style less jap crap 4x4's

I agree you bought the vehicle as specified so something fails & is covered by a warranty so it should be returned to the condition/spec as when it was new = no questions asked. If that were me I would have left the car at the dealer & told them it will stay there till it's done to it's original spec. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #55618 17th Jan 2010 8:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rich1647

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

I'm in a similar frame of mind as you I'm afraid.Although my complaint is with a clutch burning out after 18 months of careful use with no towing or off-roading.The after sales service has been non-existent with no sign of compromise by dealer or head office.When I change my vehicle in the latter part of the year I face depriving myself of the vehicle I want because I've vowed never to give Land Rover another penny of my money.Or am I just cutting off my nose to spite my face here? 2007 GS Manual

Post #55622 17th Jan 2010 9:02 pm
The Valeter

I think most main dealers are the same to be honest. When I valet customers cars I often hear bad or very bad reports from dealers & the worst are the more expensive cars.
They must forget that time ticks by & sooner or later we may want to buy a new car!!! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #55641 17th Jan 2010 9:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Valeter

Rich1647 wrote:
I've vowed never to give Land Rover another penny of my money.Or am I just cutting off my nose to spite my face here?

Use it as a bargaining tool & when the time comes to change have a list of niggles & confront the dealer & or Landrover Customer service. I like it when things go wrong because I make it my job to get a damn good deal!! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #55643 17th Jan 2010 10:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123