Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Im niggled with landrover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
On-board

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Npinks, Yes I see ur view. The giveaway is the knobs on the radio. If you look they are far blacker than the stereo Wink

Post #53059 28th Dec 2009 10:06 pm
charliefoxtrot999

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Galway Green

My 2010 radio is also BLACK Very Happy 2010 HSE Galway Green auto GONE

Post #53080 29th Dec 2009 9:22 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

this story needs resolving, If LR used a colour in the past then changed it, they really should keep a stock of the old parts for repairs etc. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #53081 29th Dec 2009 9:25 am
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

chicken george wrote:
this story needs resolving, If LR used a colour in the past then changed it, they really should keep a stock of the old parts for repairs etc.

Here here! 

Post #53088 29th Dec 2009 11:04 am
Bill Turner

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black
Re: Im niggled with landrover

Quote:
I've had issues with parking sensors, turns out I needed a new radio.

This is the first time I have seen a post about parking sensor faults that mentions the radio. Can you tell us if the new radio (apart from the colour mismatch) resolved the sensor problem?

If it did do you have any info on why? as I think quite a few other owners who have not had this problem satisfactorily resolved will be asking their stealer for a new radio.

Bill Turner Life Honorary Member of Wallasey Motor Club.
Licenced MSA Radio Operator for 35+ years.
Rallying is the only sport.

Post #53093 29th Dec 2009 11:24 am
On-board

Hi guys, firstly I really wouldnt go asking for new radios unless you all fancy looking at grey ones rather than black. But on the other hand I may be starting off a new little trend I dont know...

Anyway, Lets answer some questions. Firstly chicken george is correct. The usual arrangement is that parts are stocked from the manufacturer unless they go bust which of course which is a different matter altogether.
There argument is the part is still stocked - it is, same part number and fitting etc but different colour which im told is now the 2010 colour radio ?? Surely this problem must effect the RR and disco3 id be even more unhappy if I was riding about in a £65k RR with a grey radio.

Bill. My parking sensor issue Ive had since new. They changed all the sensors etc and basically got nowhere. Turned out when I left my car in reverse overnight the following morning the radio would think it was still in reverse so it stayed in mute mode which is like a low level radio volume which you cant adjust. Once you re engage reverse it clicked out.

It seems to have cured the problem, but im furious about the parts service. One thing you never think to ask when you buy these motors.

Anyway, I get to hear the outcome tonight.

Post #53115 29th Dec 2009 2:34 pm
On-board

No phone call, il be back on first thing am. Looking like im gonna have to like it or lump it. Evil or Very Mad

Post #53155 30th Dec 2009 12:06 am
On-board

BIT OF NEWS.

Firstly if anybody needs a replacement radio in the future you will not get another black one. It will be a light black/dark grey, as there is a new supplier for the post 2010 FL2's and the old version is obsolite.
Ok its cured my problem however as a compromise I do have to learn to live with the new dash colour arrangement which isnt really the best.

As always I will report my results, a pair of roof rails would be a very good gesture and would go a long way towards my next decision in what 4x4 I buy next time.

It also would be fair to praise how the dealer has helped in every way possible. Landrover customer care have been very helpful and informative over the whole situation (you really couldnt have got any better) however the final card is down to them in the end.

Post #54443 9th Jan 2010 3:42 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Thanks V much for this OB, it seems that you've finally put the sensor issue to bed - but at the expense of a marginally different coloured radio. A set of roof rails would certainly 'ease the pain' so I would certainly go for it, they won't volenteer them so you should politely push.
I'm going to make some enquiries about the radio to see if our local dealer has this answer as well Thumbs Up

Post #54455 9th Jan 2010 5:11 pm
ad210358

England 

But surely the exterior of the radio is the same so there fore surely someone at LR can change the front panel? Or is the stealer no longer employing mechanics but just component changers. Rolling Eyes p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #54465 9th Jan 2010 6:04 pm
On-board

MC: If ur having sensor problems I wouldnt rule out the radio. The trouble is it doesnt come up in the diagnostic so nobody will be keen to go down that route. But my view is if there wasnt a problem with these radios why have they changed manufacturers ? Is there something we dont know perhaps ? Confused All I know its cured my problems Exclamation

AD: We went into removing facias very thoroughly and its a no go. They are stuck on with uni bond so its a snap off job. Rolling Eyes

It will be interesting to see how they treat me with my roof rails. These little things divide the companys from the companys. And of course.. A full report will be given good or bad Thumbs Up

Post #54481 9th Jan 2010 8:50 pm
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

Parking sensor problem needs new radio???

Don't think that's the solution: I've ripped the original radio out all together and replaced it with a Kenwood system and my sensors still work just fine. If the sensors were built into the radio I would not have any sensors at all.

It is a different sound tough so appart from sending the sound to the radio I don't think there's much to go wrong on that end.

I do also have sticky sound somethimes where the sensors return a continious tone when there's nothing there. Some others have that same issue, but I'm not to bothered. Turning them off and on again resolves it for me and since I only need them about 10 times a week and it only happens maybe once in that week (if at all) with this bad weather we're having I think I relate it to grub on the outside it's detecting. And somethimes I turn them of after parking when I still want do do some stuff before getting out, and not want to listen to them while doing it...

Post #54669 11th Jan 2010 8:43 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
On-board

THE VERDICT.

Im left with a grey radio. They cannot do anything about it or they wont give me anything as a good will gesture.

They did send me 9 bottles of wine from around the world however this doesnt cure my problem.

So all you all with black interiors lets hope you dont have any problems.

Id love too know how there is no law against this.

Its an utter disgrace.

Post #55378 15th Jan 2010 7:37 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Is there anything a dash repair company could do

like if you scratch it the spray it to match Idea Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #55380 15th Jan 2010 7:48 pm
On-board

I very much doubt it.

It will always look Censored until the day the car is scrapped.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LANDROVER. I WILL MAKE SURE ALL MY FARMING FRIENDS KNOW ABOUT THIS BEFORE THEY ORDER NEW DEFENDERS / RANGEROVERS !

Its a joke on a 22 month old car.

Censored

Post #55547 17th Jan 2010 11:31 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>