« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > HST Bodykit.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
HST Bodykit.

I have been thinking about the HST bodykit for my HSE. What do you reckon? I know what CG's answer will be! Very Happy Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #50247 14th Nov 2009 5:18 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

go for it, its grey anyway, putting cash in a savings account would be more fun though At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #50248 14th Nov 2009 5:45 pm
Mav71

Very funny! Very Happy I was looking to change the car in the spring, I went to my dealer today and he offered me £17k for it as it stands with everything left on the car. (3 Years old in December) and 33000 miles.

I thought thats not a bad price, but adding the kit at about £100 is far cheaper than spending an additional £10000 on a new car, or even more if I bought one new. I would even have a spoiler and grill to sell as I already have them in place.

Even the dealer said, I would be mad to sell it due to it's totally mint condition. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #50250 14th Nov 2009 7:20 pm
chicken george

Invest your cash in here instead, its going up faster than your cars value is going down

http://funds.ft.com/blackrock/Managers/CPGGA

and a few bob here too

http://funds.telegraph.co.uk/clients/teleg...?code=KZ88 At work
At home

Post #50259 14th Nov 2009 11:16 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Mav71 wrote:
Very funny! Very Happy I was looking to change the car in the spring, I went to my dealer today and he offered me £17k for it as it stands with everything left on the car. (3 Years old in December) and 33000 miles.

I thought thats not a bad price, but adding the kit at about £100 is far cheaper than spending an additional £10000 on a new car, or even more if I bought one new. I would even have a spoiler and grill to sell as I already have them in place.

Even the dealer said, I would be mad to sell it due to it's totally mint condition.

Shocked Sounds like it is almost a HST anyway - what do you need to add for £100 that is not already fitted, that makes it a 100% HST Question 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #50267 15th Nov 2009 11:11 am
Mav71

AndyC wrote:
Mav71 wrote:

Even the dealer said, I would be mad to sell it due to it's totally mint condition.

Shocked Sounds like it is almost a HST anyway - what do you need to add for £100 that is not already fitted, that makes it a 100% HST Question

It should have read £1000 for the kit! Not £100. I'll need to buy the complete kit, but although mine is a TD4, I'll need to get the i6 kit so I get the two tailpipe extensions.

But where I'll get some money back is by selling the rear spoiler and front grill as I already have these.

But it will never be an HST, HST's are not as well equipped as an HSE Very Happy Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #50287 15th Nov 2009 7:36 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

keep your £1000, in my opinion your wasting your money and adding no value to your car.

Post #50302 15th Nov 2009 8:52 pm
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

iain cooper wrote:
keep your £1000, in my opinion your wasting your money and adding no value to your car.

What is a waste of money for some is money well spent for others.

Go get it MAV71 IF you can afford it.

Tenet MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #50330 16th Nov 2009 10:44 am
iain cooper

tenet wrote:
iain cooper wrote:

What is a waste of money for some is money well spent for others.

Go get it MAV71 IF you can afford it.

Tenet

very true........................but only my opinion

Post #50349 16th Nov 2009 3:07 pm
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

I find it very strange when people compomise the offroad capabilities of a car they spend lots of money on to get when their primary reason to buy it was probably it's offroad capabilities compared to others.

If that isn't the primary reason, you probably bought the wrong car, I think...

I've seen 3th party kits that don't compromise it as much, maybe you should look into that.

hmmm...

Post #50351 16th Nov 2009 4:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

not all people off road there FL2, so putting a bodykit on it doesn't matter

I offroaded a little with my last one, but with my newer one I have decided to not at this moment and when i have the time i want to get the bodywork as perfect as possible

I just need 2 or 3 days of fine weather to be able to do it Evil or Very Mad as i aint got anywere under cover to do it Big Cry Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #50352 16th Nov 2009 4:58 pm
iain cooper

zone30 wrote:
I find it very strange when people compomise the offroad capabilities of a car they spend lots of money on to get when their primary reason to buy it was probably it's offroad capabilities compared to others.

If that isn't the primary reason, you probably bought the wrong car, I think...

I've seen 3th party kits that don't compromise it as much, maybe you should look into that.

hmmm...

it's just that I've always seen bodykits fitted to Landrovers as very naff and needless.

in my opinion they don't need bodykits to make them look good and in most cases a bodykit says
more about the owner than the car...........if you get my meaning.

Post #50353 16th Nov 2009 5:27 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Unnecessary quote removed

Agree 100% Thumbs Up
In fact I would even go a stage further and say that if your not going to use your Land Rover off the asphalt, even a little, then you really do have the wrong vehicle. There is plenty of alternative "cross overs" or whatever they call them, that can be tarted up as much as you want if all you want to do is parade around in your car on asphalt like a poppy cock Shocked

The FL2 with all its technical OFF ROAD wizardry is there for people that want to use it, otherwise what on earth would anybody want to use so much cash on a 4x4 without ever realizing what they got Question 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #50354 16th Nov 2009 5:49 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

People opt for a 4x4 because they want one, that doesn't mean to say they want to get it muddy on a dirt track

I went 4x4 to give the added room, towing capacity and I went FL2 because I can afford too as others don't match to how it drives

personally it a little narrow minded to say that your in the wrong car because you don't use it off road

I guess I should sell mine as I now have no intention of taking it off road Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #50360 16th Nov 2009 6:54 pm
chicken george

Atleast the fl2's kit is better than the god awful one fitted to fl1's.
I personally wouldn't spend £1000 on a kit even if I did like it. maybe I'd spent 1000 on the interior ( leather etc ) but not on a plastic stick on accessory. At work
At home

Post #50365 16th Nov 2009 7:32 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>