Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > 1st Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Rowy

Kezman,
Definatley chase the original Keeper (address should be on V5) and/or suppling dealer to check if it did infact have the 12mth service.

If you can't get the info try and blagg your dealer in to giving you an extra stamp before the most recent service stamp, (best off face to face with the service manager-utilising a cheeky grin) that way your resale value won't be affected Whistle

Post #49078 20th Oct 2009 10:41 pm
kezman50

England 

Got in touch with the supplying dealer yesterday and spoke to the service dept. The guy was able to tell me that the car hasn't been serviced with them. So that's one thing learnt. Gave him my Vin number and was told that the car is completely up to date regarding recalls. It has had two. One was done by them in April 08' and the last one was done by the dealer that sold me the FL2, in Oct '09. He wasn't able to tell me what recalls were actually done as they were just codes. I also put it to the guy that with my FL2 apparently being serviced 1st Oct '09, would this be classed as too early for its 24 month service ? Which in my case would be Dec '09. He said the 0ct '09 service qualifies for it's second year fine.

My dealer later on in the day, yesterday, got in touch and has confirmed that the FL2 definately has 'new car' Manufacturer's warranty on the car and that they will put this in writting with managers sig and send it back with the the service booklet (which has possibly arrived with them by now). The invoice copy of the work they carried out on the vehicle will also be in the package. The comprehensive checks and analysis they carry out on the car, he explained overides any abnormalities that might be present in a cars history. It sounds as though this same protocol has played its hand with the warranty extension to Mr's Daves vehicle.

The updated V5 is of course not with me yet. If there are details of previous keeper when it comes I will definately try and chase up.

All this aside I'll wait on what arrives back to me........ then ultimately, time will tell, in the event I ever have to claim. Particularly, of course on a componenant such as a turbo charger for example. What else can I do really because at the end of the day I would rather not give the car back, because I happen to think I'm in possession of a "good 'un"

By the way, the dealer thinks it would of had a B service when they did it. Can anyone chime in with a break down of what's invloved with all the various flavours of service?

Post #49124 21st Oct 2009 9:06 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

https://www.freel2.com/gallery/albums/user...0Miles.pdf At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #49125 21st Oct 2009 9:12 pm
kezman50

England 

Cheers Chuck!

Post #49127 21st Oct 2009 9:20 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Evil or Very Mad Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #49129 21st Oct 2009 10:02 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

kezman50 wrote:
Cheers Chuck!

Shouldn't that be Cluck Rolling with laughter 

Post #49138 22nd Oct 2009 9:31 am
kezman50

England 

I'm eventually at a point where I can provide a small update to this situation. As said from a previous post, I have been waiting on a package of requested docs from the dealer. They have been a little while coming due to the dealers waiting for a reliable window to send through the post due to the strikes (exploited this fact to the max I have no doubt). Eventually they have arrived, however and am now in possession of my returned service booklet now stamped with 2 seperate stamps i.e 2 pages worth ( I was expecting just one stamp for the service they carried out just before they sold me the car). Both stamps have the same odometer reading on of course of 11,162 so not sure what they are trying to do here...will have a chat with them about that. Both are stamped, signed, dated etc but none have a tick as to wether they are A, B service or what. I requseted this too.

I now have an official Dealer headed signed copy from the General Sales manager with this quote.
" This letter confirms that **Dealer name ** have carried out a service on your vehicle **Reg No** and that this validates your manufacturers warranty so that you have 14 months remaining of the Land Rover warranty"

Finally they have sent a copy of the internal service Invoice of the work that was carried out to the FL2.

So at this stage I feel as though I have done as much as I can do. I am fairly satisfied. I Hope of course that in 14 months I have no course for a claim on warranty. If I do, I realise that the letter is not by any means a get out of jail free card and might still get resistance from more convenient local dealers. Bottom line is that I have to go to this original dealer that would surely find it hard to argue against their own letter!

My V5 arrived by the way and reports that it has had 2 former keepers. The 1st keeper who I didn't know about had it for 4 months. Sounds like Supplying dealer had it as loaner/demo. Alas Supplying dealer when new can't confirm this. Current dealer says their bound by Data protection.

Post #49894 6th Nov 2009 3:16 pm
kezman50

England 

I have tried to look up former keeper on V5 but at the mo have not hit the target. I fear that this would be possibly DVLA enquirery and I would imagine they are not obliged to tell me.

The mistake I have made in all of this is that I should of insisted at seeing the service Booklet before money changed hands. Aside from all that I feel that the whole system in place is wrong as Myself.... who has paid good money to an official Land Rover Approved Dealer, informed by them on numerious occassions that it comes with 14.5 months Manufacturers warranty. reinforced by the fact that no Dealer approved warranty papers were served on me at all at any point of the sale or thereafter. Suddenly finds that the warranty in full or in part might be invalidated through no fault of my own. In this context the dealers letter I have makes perfect sense.

Thanks for all your support and info on this one people....it was invaluable to me. Cheers.

Note: I have been carefull not to mention Dealer name in all this but I will provide some feedback in the dealer feedback thread..as above all else, though they could of handled it alot better. I don't see it's completely their fault!!

Post #49895 6th Nov 2009 3:35 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12