Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Retro fit xenons?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
darrellr

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver

The Doc wrote:

Hi,

If you remove the rear cover from the xenon's you will see a red and black wire that go from the lamp plug to the ECU that controls the xenon light, cut these two wires and join your cancellers there. I think there maybe a picture of this in "the doc" gallary.

Couldn't see the piccies. I'm disappointed that I have to cut wires but c'est la Vie. I wonder if I can source some suitable plugs to match the one on the cancellers.

The Doc wrote:

Good to read through the fun you guys have been having here Thumbs Up

Regards
The Doc

Good to have you back New: Freelander2 GS 62 plate (MY13) - Santorini Black with Clearview & Front PDC
Old: Freelander2 XS 09 Plate - Zermatt Silver with ST3 remap (eco map), Garmin 1490T Sat Nav, Rear Seat Entertainment kit

Post #73595 8th Aug 2010 12:59 pm
Spiderdoc

Thanks, I'll pm you with my contact details, please feel free to call if you get stuck Wink Spiderdoc docspider? does what only a doc can do.....

Post #73618 8th Aug 2010 6:20 pm
darrellr

They've just arrived and I opened them up, spotted the controller unit attached externally with a similar plug to my cancellers attached where it mated inside. AHA! I thought, this is going to be easy!

I popped of the controller, prised out the plug and ...... it is 3-pole with two connections and the cancellers are two pole - DAH!

On the bassis that I'd much prefer to have this mod reversible if at all possible, does anyone have an idea what the connectors are called? I've not seen one like it before. The female part has a flat-ish rectangular head with a rubber seal around and a clip on one of the flat sides. The only markings I can see are "IIIB".

[edit]This is the Controller (ballast) I'm trying to source the black plug -  New: Freelander2 GS 62 plate (MY13) - Santorini Black with Clearview & Front PDC
Old: Freelander2 XS 09 Plate - Zermatt Silver with ST3 remap (eco map), Garmin 1490T Sat Nav, Rear Seat Entertainment kit

Post #73652 9th Aug 2010 9:41 am
darrellr

Answered my own question - it appears they are AMP superseal connectors

[edit] AARRGH - One of the units has a blown ballast Sad Big Cry Censored

Also the units seem to have some liquid/mess on the inside of the cover which make the beam blurry. Is it possible to pop the covers off or are they sealed? New: Freelander2 GS 62 plate (MY13) - Santorini Black with Clearview & Front PDC

Post #73658 9th Aug 2010 10:40 am
darrellr

darrellr wrote:
AARRGH - One of the units has a blown ballast Sad Big Cry Censored

The ebay seller was really good and sent me a replacement ballast. It arrived today but was marked as Denso VP4M5X-13C170-BA as opposed to the Philips XLD145 unit which has an AA at the end. Works fine.

[edit: deleted text] New: Freelander2 GS 62 plate (MY13) - Santorini Black with Clearview & Front PDC

Post #73842 12th Aug 2010 6:41 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123