Total Votes: 66

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

DrownedRat wrote:
Hi all,
Reading down the thread I'm now less diappointed Smile with my mpg but only because its similar to most of the UK contributions. Around town anytime of year I get around 25-30, on a run maybe up to 35-37 if I am lucky!

I would agree that Cruise control does tend to knock it down a bit and climate control on also makes a difference. It doesn't seem to matter whether its just me or fully loaded for a week away. Best figure I have had was with full load (wife, 2 kids and dog + luggade) and Roof box on - how dow that work?

The biggest thing I have noticed is thta it better to pootle around in 5th rather than 6th if you are travellinga round 50mph! Any ideas anyone? Question

I'm guessing your 'co-pilot' is good at monitoring speed Rolling Eyes 

Post #49955 8th Nov 2009 12:05 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Dave wrote:
Recent trips down to Englandshire and Glasgow a few times I have found that you get better fuel economy by not using the cruise control.

Infact, the recent trip to Englandshire yielded an extra 3 - 4 mpg by not using the cruise control Thumbs Up

What's the point of having it if you don't use it? Plus after say 3 hours driving i can actually use my right foot to walk Laughing 

Post #49956 8th Nov 2009 12:07 pm
xxtrail

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

My auto gives approx 30 on short trips (2-5 miles) but up to 36 on long runs. Climate control is never off (set on auto) as I like a constant temperature and 'clear' windows all year round. Use 'cruise' a lot, but agree that it does knock down mpg at times. On long hills (up and down) I sometimes knock off cruise and also use Command shift to get higher gear than auto wants to be in, as this can mean 1000 rpm less. I keep the readout on 'av mpg' and play games to get more out of her. Has there been any study of the accuracy of the fuel consumption readout, though I think it must be fairly accurate from the range that I get. Was GS TD4 Auto, Privacy, Santorini with Tundra & Alpaca, Cold Climate Pack. Traded for Discovery Sport HSE Auto.

Post #49958 8th Nov 2009 2:19 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Dave wrote:
Recent trips down to Englandshire and Glasgow a few times I have found that you get better fuel economy by not using the cruise control.

Infact, the recent trip to Englandshire yielded an extra 3 - 4 mpg by not using the cruise control Thumbs Up

..........and saved a lot more (cash) by less wear the brake pads Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #49978 8th Nov 2009 9:13 pm
DrownedRat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

Hi Christain138 - aren't all co-pilots good at monitoring speed? I keep telling mine to keep her eyes on the road ! The kids have picked up on this too so I have to keep an eye on it myself just to keep the criticism down - hence the stats!

Has anyone any feedback on the stop / start TD4_e ? Is it worth the extra money? There's always a way forward!

2008 Freelander Td4 GS - Stornoway Grey - Now Gone - Sob
2011 Freelander Td4 GS 150 - Rimini Red - in its place - Better x far x 4!!

Post #49986 8th Nov 2009 10:46 pm
Chris P

Cyprus 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

[quote="xxtrail"]My auto gives approx 30 on short trips (2-5 miles) but up to 36 on long runs. Climate control is never off (set on auto) as I like a constant temperature and 'clear' windows all year round. Use 'cruise' a lot, but agree that it does knock down mpg at times. On long hills (up and down) I sometimes knock off cruise and also use Command shift to get higher gear than auto wants to be in, as this can mean 1000 rpm less. I keep the readout on 'av mpg' and play games to get more out of her. Has there been any study of the accuracy of the fuel consumption readout, though I think it must be fairly accurate from the range that I get.[/quote]

I have been comparing the actual fuel consumption of my car with the readout on the display since I bought it (more than 2 years ago) and I am telling you that it's very accurate. I sometimes find a difference of 0,1 Lit/100KM (0,23MPG) and probably this is because I can not fill up the fuel tank exactly at the same point every time. Exclamation

Post #50109 11th Nov 2009 11:08 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345