Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Test driving a FL2, advice?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Dunk

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Nazca Sand

I took the BMW to the dealer today, (for test drive and final evaluation), who had offered a good price initially ie: 'low 15's'.....but after a conflab with his partner they arrived at a figure of £14,400! barstewards.. the reason being he hadn't noticed previously that an alloy needed referb' and the rear bumper was a bit scratched, ahh well onwards and upwards. I am now awaiting a sales person from another LR dealer to ring me back with a PX value on yet another GS..............the colour is sort of sand/gold metallic, not sure via the web pic's but you never know 'til you see it in the flesh I suppose Confused , does look nice and clean though..I spoke to the guy who valeted it who assured me it was like new and very well cared for. I wish I had the time to sell mine privately but with work commitments it's a bit of a non starter really.

Damn cars................... Big Cry

Post #46641 18th Aug 2009 4:37 pm
Dunk

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Nazca Sand

I done a deal today on a '07 manual GS with 22,000 miles, registered August so plenty of warranty. With regard to any work that may need doing obviously it will be back to LR main dealer but hopefully all will be well as it drove faultlessly. It was serviced fairly recently but it will have another done prior to collection on Monday. I was very suspicious about the colour as it was described a 'Beige' Shocked , but on seeing it in the flesh I was pleasantly suprised......very hard to describe but it's a sort of greeny/silvery/sandy sort of colour, very strange but I liked it and is less common than black, grey or silver so that's a bonus Whistle .....common oiks! Laughing , but on a serious note i'd say it was why it had been at the dealers a while but i'm not too fussed.

I ended up getting £14,500 for the BMW, which when taking into account that i've put 20,000 miles on it and it's now out of warranty that's not bad as I paid £16,000 for it in December. I now have a lowish mileage car with nigh on a years mfrs warranty to run for an outlay of £700.

Edit: Apparently it's called Nazca Sand Rolling Eyes

Post #46673 19th Aug 2009 4:27 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12