Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Spare wheel
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
waaxh03

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Wow carlfraz thats a great price. stuartp paid £150 for a new tyre. See maintenance and modifications> puncture on 29th April. Lets know who your dealer was as many people would want to buy an alloy wheel and tyre at the bargain price of £102. Thumbs Up

waaxh03

Post #3716 9th Jun 2007 7:47 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

The £102 was the price for the wheel and tyre over and above what came as standrad with the HSE, I don't know if that was a 17" steel or alloy wheel + tyre or what, but that price was std L/ Rover as per the options list, not a special deal. Dealers ain't that good friend!!! Rolling Eyes I just wanted like for like so paid the difference.

Post #3720 9th Jun 2007 11:11 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Back to the tyres - does it really matter if the spare is a different brand to the other 4, what matters is that when you use it, it is still compatible and is on a wheel that matches the one that has to come off. There were postings about this on D3 forums - some of the owners had a full sized alloy but it's BLACK inside of silvery! I had to purchase a new tyre for my car but was not able to buy a Continental Cross Sport in 18" anywhere in this part of Scotland so ended up with a Pirelli to the same spec and also recommended for the car, that now sits in the spare wheel well and the original spare is now where the damaged tyre was, and I have 4 Continentals to run on. I also have 5 alloys that are the same pattern and colour - but it was because I asked for the NCO alternative wheel pattern and the dealer fitted them rather than then being factory fitted (I bought the car off the showroom floor on launch day). One thing i think looks stupid is an upmarket car running on a space saver - I would sooner have runflats and a can of tyre inflater compound than run on one of those. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #3722 10th Jun 2007 9:51 am
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Here, here Tim, I agree. Cannot see a space saver being much use when you have a puncture offroad!!!

Post #3850 16th Jun 2007 11:09 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

If you have a spacesaver and get a flat/ puncture offroad I think you would be rather up the creak and needing a tow out Carl! For those of us that do take their modern LR's offroad the new location of the spare UNDER the car is a real pain because invariably if you get stuck offroad with a flat you can bet you will also be up to the axles in ruts or mud................................ and cannot get the spare out. These days I take the spare off and put it on the boot before venturing offroad in the RRS, but then I have an unsecured 40kg lump loose in the boot (and the luggage tie downs are too far appart to secure the wheel properly) and I don't fancy installing an expedition roofrack with it's added wind noise and fuel consumption just to carry a spare wheel on the roof! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover

Post #3852 17th Jun 2007 10:45 am
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

I take everyones views on board but I still feel on a quality car nearly £30000 there should be a matching wheel and tyre. Its only a small cost to L/R and worth a lot in goodwill (I also feel car mats should be in)
Still love the car
David David

Post #3854 17th Jun 2007 1:20 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Agree with you too David, but you will need to convince the accountants that it will be worthwhile - remember m8 we are still a country ruled by accountants and lawyers, not engineers How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #3857 17th Jun 2007 3:12 pm
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

You are right Tim but heres a thought, if all L/R2 owners sent an email it might just work, "power in numbers"
David David

Post #3859 17th Jun 2007 6:31 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

If they all went into dealers and demanded one then LR would sit up, but I think they would ignore any other action owners might take! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #3860 17th Jun 2007 6:39 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12