Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Door replacement - do I need to code anything?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Farmer Chalk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Firenze Red
Door replacement - do I need to code anything?

Morning all…or evening in Aus…
Bit of technical help required here please.. my father had the misfortune of misjudging trying to pull out of a busy petrol forecourt onto a busy Junction and was concentrating on the traffic and totally missed an ill placed telegraph pole on the nearside… but unfortunately he didn’t miss it! And ran it down the entire left side of his car ripping the nearside mirror off in the process..

Unfortunately it has also scraped the paintwork down the entire nearside.. some of it will polish out but in reality it probably needs the side repainting..hence my predicament.. this is likely to cost a minimum of £500-£1500….
However as it’s a common colour, Stornoway, there are lots of second hand doors for sale on EBay..so thus I am thinking of just removing the damaged doors and replacing them with second hand ones..as they retail for about £100-£150 each.
Some of those for sale are complete with all the inner gubbins and it would be a relatively easy job to do a straight swap.. rather than strip the doors and replace the inners from the original..
My question is will I need to reprogramme anything or can it be a straight fit? I.e door control modules etc.. ?
As you can see I am trying to work out the logistics of everything to make it as cost effective for him and to try and keep it away from insurance…
Thoughts on a postcard please?
Thanks

Post #435020 19th Aug 2023 7:56 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Just the auto window I think. Send it to the top, hold onto button for 5 seconds. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #435023 19th Aug 2023 10:18 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

You’ll probably have to strip the near side front on both the damaged and replacement door to transfer the original key operated lock barrel that’s hidden under the pop off bit of the door handle . If you don’t and ever get a flat battery … 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Last edited by MartynB on 19th Aug 2023 11:54 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #435026 19th Aug 2023 11:51 am
Farmer Chalk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Firenze Red

Good point! Thanks both…. Just trying to determine the most economical way of repairing!
Appreciate your replies!

Post #435027 19th Aug 2023 11:53 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

For what it’s worth , my late wife did the same damage around 6 years ago . It was £750 to have it filled and painted , so your current cost estimate for repair is probably spot on . 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #435028 19th Aug 2023 11:57 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1