« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > rant
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Print this entire topic · 
rover60

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue
rant

All the bollo Censored cks on the forum about colour of the freelander who got a towbar, who has'nt, do you tow a caravan everybody brought their car for they own reasons Be it towing or offroading or just cruising around in comfort lets have more post on the positive side of owning a freelander the colour if someone brought a black one they know about cleaning it otherwise they would not have brought it if its grey so what it doesnt make the thing go any faster and the post about cleaning your tailpipe well thats my rant over 07my Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Baltic Blue,Privacy Glass,Ebony black leather,Land rover detachable towbar,S/S Side bars,Climair wind deflectors,Bramble Rash,

Post #43094 11th Jun 2009 9:02 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

+1 Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #43098 11th Jun 2009 9:24 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

You missed out dogging, gives a superior view, especially with the rear stadium style seating ! Censored 

Post #43101 11th Jun 2009 9:31 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Rover I wholeheartedly agree.

But I suppose thats what makes life interesting, the fact we are all different..... Very Happy

Some posts on here are completely random, some boring, some don't relate to me, but sometimes, sometimes, someone posts something that makes you think, makes you laugh, makes you angry, or just plain makes you go and look at your motor and check, then makes you realise it's all pretty petty realistically, but it's nice to have someone with a similar motor who you can relate/complain/praise to isn't it?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post #43105 11th Jun 2009 9:41 pm
snappa

Also the dogging is quite good

Post #43106 11th Jun 2009 9:42 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

woof .... woof ... Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #43112 11th Jun 2009 11:26 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

A good point well put, but getting stuck behind a caravan on the A494 for 10+ miles does really get up your nose , when all you want to do is get as many miles covered before your one year old wakes up (and a similar experience on the way home too).
For that reason and many other caravan delay experiences I can never agree with caravanning, the most selfish of holiday ideas.

I bet even the most harden vanner would have been as angry as Mrs G and I where when stuck behind that particular Censored on the A494 what a w Censored he was. Even cars coming the opposite direction where having to brake/swerve to avoid him. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #43115 12th Jun 2009 8:09 am
dick

England 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Baltic Blue

I think the banter is what makes this the site it is.

We just have to remember to make it obvious to everyone, not just those 'in' on the joke, that it is indeed banter.

- Dick

Post #43116 12th Jun 2009 8:25 am
rover60

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

I do agree it no good all being the same otherwise it would be a boring old life.forum members all have points of veiw and thats proberly why the forum is so popular but some of the posts get a bit over the top and go on for so long im not complaining about the forum or the members just having my say 07my Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Baltic Blue,Privacy Glass,Ebony black leather,Land rover detachable towbar,S/S Side bars,Climair wind deflectors,Bramble Rash,

Post #43125 12th Jun 2009 1:20 pm
AndyT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

snappa wrote:
Rover I wholeheartedly agree.

But I suppose thats what makes life interesting, the fact we are all different..... Very Happy

I'm not different .... Shocked
Wink

Post #43126 12th Jun 2009 2:41 pm
snappa

Just 'special' Whistle

Post #43127 12th Jun 2009 2:56 pm
AndyT

Special needs Wink

Post #43138 12th Jun 2009 7:04 pm
Ralphk

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

I suppose I am quite new to this forum having recently bought my lovely Freelander but i am becoming increasingly dissillusioned by much of content of the forum in that any attempt to discuss the vehicle or lack of knowledge of it is rapidly taken over by bigotry and negative critique of a few.
If you look at the record of these offenders and they know who they are they actually do not contribute much added knowledge to the forum other than their questionable humour and their semi private "in-jokes".
I find some of the comments made about some of our pastimes frankly offensive and though I do not respond to it I do find it very difficult to understand how anyone could be so offensive. Then I suppose thats how the BNP gets its support and remember much of it is in the north of our beatiful country. A joke is a joke but some of the comments go too far!
Live and let live or at least declare that your way is the only way and that you are not prepared to tolerate any other way. My history books remind me that this attitude was quite acceptable somewhere in Europe not that long ago.
Think on and ensure that the humour is plainly transparent. Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #43155 13th Jun 2009 8:49 am
AndyT

Interesting.
I can only assume you are referring to the caravan/anti-caravan divisions of the forum? I have read many such comments but they do not constitute bigotry. It is such an emotive word, I would suggest its use is reserved for more serious issues. In any event, site moderation would quickly prevent such serious issues being discussed.
Interesting also, that you should chose to resurrect the North/South divide by likening the North to Nazi Germany. Perhaps there's a debate to be had as to which would be more offensive: suggesting caravans are irritating or branding a large section of the country's population as fascists.
People inevitably have different levels of developed humour and various tolerances to it. However, to truly consider yourself tolerant you would need to learn to tolerate said variances, otherwise that could indeed class as bigotry, since bigotry is irrespective of perceived justification?
Finally, just a simple word: perspective.

Addendum:
I should point out that I have made no 'caravan' references in any of my posts (save, this one) and remain abstained from the debate.

Post #43156 13th Jun 2009 9:36 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

The BNP are anything but humerous and have nothing to do with this site and any comments on it. I feel with that strange post you have pushed the boundries too far. Pot and kettle me thinks.
I will continue to get annoyed about caravans everytime I get stuck behind one.It is a perfectly understandable reaction. Especially on the twisty roads in my area that seem to attract so many tourists and also make caravans so difficult to safely overtake. Us country dwellers do have lives, jobs and interests you know and do not live at the quiet peaceful pace that many seem to think we go. So yes we will get upset when even a simple journey gets delayed by yet another caravan. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Last edited by chicken george on 13th Jun 2009 1:43 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #43157 13th Jun 2009 9:48 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>