« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > rant
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Ralp,

As with the world this forum is populated but a varied crowd, and as such you have to realise that they will have different views to your own, the posts are only typed words on a computer screen.

Nick does a fair job (mostly) of policing the site but still allows for a level of banter to exist, for some this means that members check posts of a regular basis and enhances the feeling of community. If all posts were strictly FL2 related members might leave and their knowledge/input would be lost to the forum.

As a caravanner of many years i am sure you are not surprised by the notion that there are people who dislike caravans, however I am unaware of any political party wishing to see them banned, i am unaware of people being intimidated with violence based on their love of caravanning, so the assertion that this how the BNP gets support is frankly offensive, but this offence is nothing compared to tying it in with the North of England. and as for then using the death of six million Jews to ram your point home shame on you.

the bottom line is either grow a thicker skin or don't read posts from people or rabid dogs (your words) you don't want too

Nick, as a suggestion why don't you set up a Caravanning Header for caravanning related topics with a zero tolerance to anti caravanning posts? 

Post #43158 13th Jun 2009 9:49 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I might add that as a Northern I see very little of the BNP I did get a flier from them in the post which I promptly binned. I actually associate the BNP with city dwellers more than anything else and in any part of the country. However many country folk are indeed institutionally racist due to the fact that they often don't travel much and fear change, rather than a positive dislike of people who are different.
In my younger days I back packed extensively and met and befriended many different people from varying creeds and races. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #43165 13th Jun 2009 1:53 pm
christian138

chicken george wrote:
I might add that as a Northern I see very little of the BNP I did get a flier from them in the post which I promptly binned. I actually associate the BNP with city dwellers more than anything else and in any part of the country. However many country folk are indeed institutionally racist due to the fact that they often don't travel much and fear change, rather than a positive dislike of people who are different.
In my younger days I back packed extensively and met and befriended many different people from varying creeds and races.

Some of whom went on to owning a caravan no doubt! 

Post #43166 13th Jun 2009 2:02 pm
chicken george

possibly ...... but they changed Laughing At work
At home

Post #43167 13th Jun 2009 2:30 pm
Rowy

CG, I'm starting to think it's not JUST caravanners that cause unnessasary tail backs,

Today I travelled between Manchester/Stockport along the A6 (mostly Rural roads) to Derby In a Hired 7.5 tonner with a speed limiter @ 56mph and the number of times I was behind some T Censored T doing 29 in a 40 zone or 35 in a 50 or 60 zone and even braking for speed cameras when they are already 12 mph below the limit!!

Then on the way back some f Censored kin Idiot in front slowing down in a national speed zone to let cars out of side roads-With a loaded truck behind em!!

Not to mention the B Censored ds who do 35 then speed up so you can't pass them when the roads turns into a dual carridge way for a mile, then back down to 35 again when the dual carridge way ends.

Mind you I'm sure every offender had a tow bar, must of just left the caravan on their drive to p Censored s the neighbours off with the unsightly-ness of a 20 foot long gaudy striped tin can parked in the drive blocking next doors light!! Twisted Evil

Post #43173 13th Jun 2009 6:04 pm
christian138

Rowy,

i bet you feel a lot better for getting that off your chest Laughing 

Post #43176 13th Jun 2009 6:12 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I have said before Rowy

When i do tow the caravan, there is often a slower moving car in font doing slight less than the speed limit holding me, but they can't see thats happening due to the big white sunblocker on my towbar Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #43181 13th Jun 2009 6:40 pm
dick

England 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Baltic Blue

chicken george wrote:
I will continue to get annoyed about caravans everytime I get stuck behind one.It is a perfectly understandable reaction. Especially on the twisty roads in my area that seem to attract so many tourists and also make caravans so difficult to safely overtake.

I should point out that I will be towing 'my' cannon to York for August BH weekend - if I knew where the chicken farm was I could be persuaded to make a special detour Smile

- Dick

Post #43217 15th Jun 2009 12:36 pm
chicken george

dick wrote:

I should point out that I will be towing 'my' cannon to York for August BH weekend - if I knew where the tank park was I could be persuaded to make a special detour Smile

- Dick

just click on my location, it will guide you to my local pubs car park, ask the landlord where I live , If I'm not at the bar that is Laughing

where in York? not a few miles north west I hope Evil or Very Mad At work
At home

Post #43221 15th Jun 2009 12:57 pm
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

What surprises me more than anything is that anyone could take seriously anything the chicken farmer says, let alone get offended by his opinion Whistle Whistle , live and let live I say Thumbs Up and get thee behind my caravan tractor-boy Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #43233 15th Jun 2009 3:13 pm
chicken george

Rolling with laughter do you want me to pick on you instead? My tractor does a smidge over 35mph so you wont see me for dust when your towing your ground anchor At work
At home

Post #43237 15th Jun 2009 3:59 pm
Tandemman

Wont see you for mud more like, dragging it out of the fields Whistle .....leaving it all over the road Whistle ........no sense of responsibility at all, us poor cyclists having to swerve all over just to get round you Rolling with laughter

Post #43240 15th Jun 2009 4:52 pm
chicken george

eh some people would pay to drive on that mud .. and make their inner city 4x4's (with body kits) look like they have been off road. At work
At home

Post #43241 15th Jun 2009 5:37 pm
Tandemman

Another opportunity for CG enterprises Thumbs Up Except the flaw is you could possibly be exporting Yorkshire mud to the deep south, surely a punishable offence Laughing

Post #43244 15th Jun 2009 6:26 pm
chicken george

naw, I will sell them some common southern mud and pass it off as quality Yorkshire stuff. At work
At home

Post #43246 15th Jun 2009 7:05 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>