Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > EV's
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 35 <123 ... 333435>
Print this entire topic · 
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

We used to have individual parking bay meters along the street. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #423540 25th Jul 2022 11:50 am
Milothedog

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

2007 TD4 XS The work horse that earns its up keep
2013 SD4 HSE The posh one for towing the caravan
1973 Triumph Stag I bought in 2009 and restored.

Post #423543 25th Jul 2022 12:39 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

NoDo$h wrote:

Shared usage schemes, however, will be available to all. Rent the seat while you're in it, not for the 95% of the time it's parked..

Its called a bus. We used to have them around here but not anymore.

Or do you mean renting a car for just the 60 mins I need a car to go shopping ? Jules

Post #423546 25th Jul 2022 2:26 pm
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Yes, buses and car rental. Buses that you can’t even depend on even turning up let alone on time or going anywhere near where you want to go. Car rental, never done it, but at the very least I know that my car is properly maintained, in good condition and clean and tidy. Both businesses whose aim is making money.

Post #423548 25th Jul 2022 3:21 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

Milothedog wrote:

The perfect answer to all those with range anxiety - carry a small generator and a large can of petrol in the boot Laughing Jules

Post #423550 25th Jul 2022 3:40 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

Milothedog wrote:

Surely this motorist missed a trick.

If he left the motor-generator plugged-in and running. He could stick it in the boot and continue with his journey, whilst still charging. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 74k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #423554 25th Jul 2022 4:32 pm
AT1963

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

I agree we need to do something to limit the pollution in our world.
What gets me is that it comes down to us yet again and we are made to feel that we are responsible.

Trees are one hugh option to absorb co2 we should plant more (look at Scotland where trees were ripped out for sheep grazing), less demand on meat in our diets which is not only healthier but starts to stop the deforestation for cattle/sheep rearing, fashion industry to use less water in clothes production (you really need to see how much water is used Shocked ). Stop single use plastics, imagine how much energy is put into creating something that is used once!

These are options for conglomerate companies which will have a massive impact on our world.
Fossil fuel should not be the only means of fuelling vehicles, there should be other options, EVs, hydrogen, biofuels!

My point is the finger of blame seems to be looming over us poor consumers who run ICE vehicles when this is just part of the problem and there is a denial that EVs are polluting when they are and actually we are being conned to believe these are the salvation of motoring.

Post #423555 25th Jul 2022 5:29 pm
NoDo$h

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Not the salvation, but a marked improvement.

We need to stop looking for the perfect answer, while pointing to the absence of perfection as a justification for doing nothing. Current driveway contents:
2021 V60 Cross Country B5
2009 FL2 dog bus and shooting wagon

On Order: 2023 Fisker Ocean Ultra - deposit paid.

Post #423557 25th Jul 2022 5:45 pm
NoDo$h

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

jules wrote:
NoDo$h wrote:

Shared usage schemes, however, will be available to all. Rent the seat while you're in it, not for the 95% of the time it's parked..

Its called a bus. We used to have them around here but not anymore.

Or do you mean renting a car for just the 60 mins I need a car to go shopping ?

The latter. Very much like Zipcar does now, on a much larger scale. All the major manufacturers are exploring shared mobility models and the drive to "premium" pricing and only offering premium products is part of conditioning the public to the idea that they can't afford to own something, so will settle for renting for less and not paying for "driveway" time instead. Current driveway contents:
2021 V60 Cross Country B5
2009 FL2 dog bus and shooting wagon

On Order: 2023 Fisker Ocean Ultra - deposit paid.

Post #423559 25th Jul 2022 5:47 pm
Milothedog

Here's my answer. My other car, still in use 49 years later Thumbs Up
 2007 TD4 XS The work horse that earns its up keep

Post #423560 25th Jul 2022 5:57 pm
Milothedog

For those who are interested?

Re Buses, the reason bus travel is so hit and miss around the country is down to the government deregulating the industry and allowing private operators to do as they please (profit before passengers needs). The only exception is London which remains regulated, a part of what TFL controls, this basically works like this, Bus routes are run by awarding 5 year contracts to private operators who tender for the work on a pence per mile basis. any revenue from fares comes back to TFL. this is why in London buses run regular timetables 24 hrs a day seven days a week.

It is a little more complex in the finer detail but that is how it is, How do I know this, I worked in the industry in London for 30 years. 2007 TD4 XS The work horse that earns its up keep

Post #423562 25th Jul 2022 6:12 pm
sid

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

IanMetro wrote:
Milothedog wrote:

Surely this motorist missed a trick.

If he left the motor-generator plugged-in and running. He could stick it in the boot and continue with his journey, whilst still charging.
car wont start if its plugged in.some vw"s wont start sometimes EVEN when plugs disconnected,shows a dash warning "DISCONNECT CHARGING PLUG"Known fault,who knows what other ev faults will occur as they get older.

Post #423563 25th Jul 2022 6:28 pm
Labradorslave

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Russia has given us a brief glimpse into the future where fuel and gas are a diminishing commodity. The poor have been hit hardest now and will be hit even harder in the future. I was a child in the eighties and remember large numbers of factory workers cycling to work-they couldn’t afford to run a car. I am by no means a Marxist but I think the super rich should be the first target to cut emissions rather than the poor. One of my friends flies a private jet. He has a large number of customers ranging from Formula 1 bosses to wealthy private families. They use a private jet like we would use a taxi!! One example this year was a family trip to Italy shopping. The daughter felt unwell so he flew the rest of the family there, flew back and returned the next day with the daughter. Crazy waste of natural resources.

Post #423572 25th Jul 2022 8:02 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

AT1963 wrote:
I agree we need to do something to limit the pollution in our world.
What gets me is that it comes down to us yet again and we are made to feel that we are responsible.

Trees are one hugh option to absorb co2 we should plant more (look at Scotland where trees were ripped out for sheep grazing), less demand on meat in our diets which is not only healthier but starts to stop the deforestation for cattle/sheep rearing, fashion industry to use less water in clothes production (you really need to see how much water is used Shocked ). Stop single use plastics, imagine how much energy is put into creating something that is used once!

These are options for conglomerate companies which will have a massive impact on our world.
Fossil fuel should not be the only means of fuelling vehicles, there should be other options, EVs, hydrogen, biofuels!

My point is the finger of blame seems to be looming over us poor consumers who run ICE vehicles when this is just part of the problem and there is a denial that EVs are polluting when they are and actually we are being conned to believe these are the salvation of motoring.

Please don’t start on the Vegan route Yawn

Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #423594 26th Jul 2022 9:12 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

If people stopped replacing perfectly good kitchens & bathrooms every time they buy a new home. It would buy a lot of renewable hardware.

Often the seller renovates, new owner then doesn't like it so rips it all out. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #423595 26th Jul 2022 9:44 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 35 <123 ... 333435>