Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Smoke coming out of the exhaust and strange continuous noise
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Ah the old "I am worried but when the mechanic drove it there ws no noise hence there must be no problem" two step eh?

Surely in this day and age there must be a way of a vehicle being able to tell the mechanic what is going to be a problem soon, not just a catastrophic failure when it happens?

I mean they can tell you your pads are 94% worn and need changed NOW even though there is no apparent driving problem, but refuse to admit your piddling little worries are anything to be concerned about unless the wheels are falling off because they didn't expereince your fault in the three minutes they drove it around the block.......

And breathe...... Whistle

Post #45439 20th Jul 2009 12:07 am
Hadjista

Cyprus 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi Panos,

i see you are having the same problems with the dealers as me Smile if they don't listen to any strange noise they are bored to check the car!!!
I think that the problem i had with the gearbox was simpler than what yours sounds to be, mine needed only some lubrication under the gear level, yours sounds like something mechanical.
Check if your problem is weather based. If this sound occurs more in the mornings or evenings that is not so hot e.t.c
I am going to the dealer today in the afternoon for a 24000km oil change and also let them know about a noice i hear coming from somewhere of the front wheels when i am turning in low speeds something like a tik tik tik tik and i hope that when i go there it doesn't stop doing it cause it happens more often during night.

Also regarding the black smoke, i have been checking other freelander 2 here in Cyprus and some of them have the same amount of smoke at the back like me and you and others nothing, not even a small black cloud and i am wondering why, i will ask the dealer for this today and also ask if this could be asociated with the type of oil they use for the engine. Freelander 2 GS TD4, Stornoway Grey, Manual, called BEAST!!!

Post #45442 20th Jul 2009 8:21 am
Paniscy

Cyprus 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver
Reason for the noise!!!

Hi guys,

My Freel2 is @ the garage right now! The noise is due to the power steering (specificly the pump I think ...?).
Anyway, I hope it won't be too expensive!!!! Whistle

Post #45984 31st Jul 2009 7:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12