Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Quest TV - Electrifying Series 2 Land Rover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Simon J

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Rimini Red

Retired, but with no access to electricity in our off road parking, so we’ve reluctantly concluded that an EV won’t work for us. Plus, for the moment I need a tow car, so would need to keep the FL2. But a hybrid that can tow is a definite possibility. But leasing, not buying, for us Very Happy

Post #418808 21st Feb 2022 1:17 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

You and your leasing….. Rolling with laughter

But seriously, in your situation I wouldn’t have an EV either, whatever vehicle anyone buys it has to fit in with their needs, only a full ICE or Hybrid would work for you at the moment.
Thumbs Up Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #418809 21st Feb 2022 1:28 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

Boxbrownie wrote:
Our reason for an EV is they drive so much better than an ICE vehicle, the cost saving is nice as well but the main reason is the feel of the power delivery and ease of use and reliability, our has only seen the dealer for service every two years since we bought it nearly seven years ago.

Oh and before we get the “oh no battery life” it shows exactly the same range every morning as it did when we picked it up.

Don’t get me wrong I loved the FL2 i6 and the two FL2 diesels we had before, but not withstanding the off road abilities the i3 is so much nicer to live with.

I’d still like a full blown new Defender though, rather like those Rolling with laughter So not out to save the planet here.

As it may become likely that my local city Bristol may become inaccessible to none EVs, my backup plan includes buying an old (cheap?) BMW i3 as a runabout and keep the FL2 for the longer out of town journeys.
Although it is more likely that age will stop me driving before Bristol locks down completely.

At the moment I feel that a new BEV / PHEV is too expensive, although I do not see them coming down in price anytime soon. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #418811 21st Feb 2022 1:57 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

If I were buying an EV just for short journeys into town as your needs require and mainly use the FL2 I think I would look towards a secondhand Renault ZOE as these are much, much cheaper than an i3, granted they aren’t as sophisticated in tech or as nice to drive overall, but they drive fine and really not much to say against them, the only major headache would be finding one that has the battery lease scheme paid up so they are free from the battery lease, the only saving grace with the battery lease though is it means the battery always has a “new” warranty on it.

Or look at the crappy* little new Citroen Ami EV…an odd little thing but it’s works for short town journeys.

* ok that’s a bit harsh Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #418813 21st Feb 2022 2:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123