« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > F1 Decider On Sunday
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
Mowog

shiggsy wrote:
Northcroft wrote:

Therefore in my eyes Lewis ahould have had his 11 seconds restored or they restart the race after giving him an 11 second start. Bow down

The full safety car has always been a way of getting the cars back close together again to reset the race and deny the currently dominant team from being way out in front all the time. It was viewed as being unfair and the Virtual Safety car was introduced to mitigate this where possible.

If you have a big lead and there is a requirement for a Full Saferty car you lose your lead, its tough luck and if this had happend on SUnday with a few extra laps to spare then we would have a legitimate result. It's a shame the race director didn't let them resart without allowing the cars to unlap themselves, maybe Max would have passed the 5 back markers and still managed to overtake Lewis, we will never know, but that would have been a memorable championship winning finish.

Well said👍

Post #415942 13th Dec 2021 10:55 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

Some changes/clarification of the rules that I would like to see.

I fail to understand why cars are allowed to unlap themselves during a safety car period.
If you are a lap behind, before the incident, then you should be a lap behind after the incident.

Also if you stop for tyres and loose your place in the queue by coming out behind back markers, then that surely is a fair penalty for taking advantage of the slower vehicles. You should restart/continue the race from your new position.

If a actual/virtual safety car slows the cars around the track, then that slower limit should be enforced on all the track including the pit entrance and exit. I noted that in a Formula E Race, earlier this year, a car used driving through the pit lanes as a method of passing cars. In this F1 race Max used the extra speed to close the gap on Lewis, during a tyre stop under 'virtual safety car'.

Once the Race Director makes a decision and notifies the Teams, then it must be final and not open to Team Managers (or others) to contact him and try to change the decision.

PS I thought this write up/comments were quite good

https://www.planetf1.com/features/pf1-verd...rand-prix/ FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #415943 13th Dec 2021 11:43 pm
3landertwo

3landertwo wrote:
I think Lewis will retire and Toto leave his job, for another in the Merc empire.

read on .....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59686315

He [Toto] said he could not guarantee if Hamilton would continue to race in F1.

Post #416051 16th Dec 2021 8:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234