Home > Technical > Lost (all) keys
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bakiev

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Lux Manual Tambora Flame
Lost (all) keys

Hi!

1. As I understand there are 2 types of transponders: PCF7945 and PCF7953 for Freelander 2 keys. Which one is suitable if 433 (European) and 2007?
2. What software or equipment?

Post #414280 6th Nov 2021 7:25 am
Andy131

United Kingdom 

As much as many would like to help, you can understand why they would not.

Posting a method here that would help someone start a Freelander without the keys would be like posting a "how to steal a Freelander" guide.

Good luck with your search though. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #414310 6th Nov 2021 10:37 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Agree.

First post & doesn't show which Freelander they own. They are possibly trying to get a Freelander one way or another!

We have a length of fluorescent orange string so we can hang the keys around our neck while camping in the outback. At least if we drop them there is an infinitely greater chance of finding them. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #414312 6th Nov 2021 11:43 pm
bakiev

Andy131 wrote:
As much as many would like to help, you can understand why they would not.

Posting a method here that would help someone start a Freelander without the keys would be like posting a "how to steal a Freelander" guide.

Good luck with your search though.

For question like "how to steal a Freelander" I think there are other forums on the darknet. I asked 2 questions and which does not concern any kind of theft

Post #414321 7th Nov 2021 8:27 am
bakiev

Lightwater wrote:
Agree.

First post & doesn't show which Freelander they own. They are possibly trying to get a Freelander one way or another!

We have a length of fluorescent orange string so we can hang the keys around our neck while camping in the outback. At least if we drop them there is an infinitely greater chance of finding them.

If I send VIN or a photo of my car, how can you determine in the Internet age that I have a freel2? ))

Post #414322 7th Nov 2021 8:30 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Out of politeness we indicate which model we have. I have one in a proper colour, white!

I have given someone my VIN so they could identify parts on the petrol model to use on the diesel, but they did have a track record of more than 1 post. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #414323 7th Nov 2021 8:47 am
bakiev

Ok. Updated info

Post #414324 7th Nov 2021 9:15 am
alex_pescaru

1. If you lost your last key and now you don't have any to look inside, then:
a) Find someone with a car from 2007 and look inside the key. It's easy to pry open and have a look.
b) Buy a blank one because if you don't have one, for sure you will need it. It's possible that any one (PCF7945 or PCF7953) to work. And maybe the ones that are selling it know which one you need and, who knows, they can register it to the car.

2. As when registering a key you need to have one that is already registered - and you don't - it may well be the case when you need to have a new CJB (central junction box) - or at least have a way to blank the existing one - and register the new key there. The CJB holds the keys.
a) Don't know any diagnostic tools that know how to blank the CJB without an existing key. Maybe there are some tools designed specially for this.
b) The accessible, cheap and complete ones with all dealer functions are SDD clones. But even those, can enroll keys from scrap only on a blank CJB.

PS.
The above knowledge is common sense, as I didn't encounter a such case and the info above is a deduction from studying the dealer system. But that was years ago...
So, the above info may be well and far removed from the truth.

Post #414326 7th Nov 2021 9:22 am
bakiev

Thank you for detailed response. But I can'd unddetstand 1.a point

Post #414327 7th Nov 2021 9:32 am
alex_pescaru

Find a person which owns a 2007 car and ask him to let you open one of the remote keys.
The keys are easy to open and you can see which IC is inside.

Post #414329 7th Nov 2021 9:50 am
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I had a similar problem with a Toyota Rav 4 it was a superb car for the age I’d been a member of the Toyota forum for over a year and contributed regular then the car wouldn’t start because the immobiliser wouldn’t turn off. I asked can the immobiliser be bypassed ? And was accused of trying to steal a car,it all gat a bit nasty and I ended up being banned the car got scrapped and then I got the Freelander.

Post #414330 7th Nov 2021 9:59 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1