Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > XTRONS PQ70DLRL Head Unit - no audio car speakers.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Yvan Van Gucht

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

Simon J wrote:
Andy,

Thanks. The audio 3.5mm stereo plug, 7 in the Xtrons picture, comes from the ISO cabling and connects to two RCA sockets which then connect into the Xtrons unit. They are labelled AUDIO OUT L and R but there are two other RCA sockets, 19 and 20, which are connected to the Xtrons unit and to which RCA plugs on the ISO cabling, 5 and 6, connect and which are labelled AUX IN L and R.

The explanation from Xtrons was as follows:
The sound of Land Rover’s unit is input to the original car’s CD through the original car’s AUX channel.
If the aux of the original car is in the armrest box, 7 and 8 must be disconnected, and then connected with the audio cable.
If your original car interface has an audio input definition, there is no need to modify the cable. Our cables are directly plugged in, and then switch to the original car's aux state.

I make absolutely no criticism of the lack of clarity - my Mandarin isn’t up to much. Very Happy

So I think I’ll leave 7 and 8 connected and connect it all up and see what happens. I hope to get to that on Sunday.

Re the illumination, did you simply connect 12, Illumination Cable, to a power source on the switches below the Xtrons 'keyboard'?

Same problem here, struggled the whole day getting the Xtrons working, I needed to use the black interconnecting loom as the grey connectors do not fit on my original connectors. What I found strange is that the gray loom has a split for AUX using red and white RCA connector and the black loom has nothing to redirect the AUX, big question for the moment.
If anybody has an solution, otherwise I'm going to cut up looms tomorrow Shocked
Also still searching for a reverse switch connection to activate the reverse cam.
All ideas are welcome Wink

Post #418169 5th Feb 2022 6:57 pm
Graham Norwich

United Kingdom 

I'm struggling with connecting a camera to this, unlike others audio was straight forward.
Have spoken to xtrons about this but not very helpful.
I'm assuming that 12v+ from the reverse lights, should go to reversing camera and reverse In on the head unit?
Which is the way I've connected it, but it doesn't automatically bring the screen on and doesn't show the rear camera either!!
At the point now of removing it and getting my money back.

Post #418782 20th Feb 2022 5:45 pm
wilkidj

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Yvan Van Gucht wrote:
Simon J wrote:
Andy,

Thanks. The audio 3.5mm stereo plug, 7 in the Xtrons picture, comes from the ISO cabling and connects to two RCA sockets which then connect into the Xtrons unit. They are labelled AUDIO OUT L and R but there are two other RCA sockets, 19 and 20, which are connected to the Xtrons unit and to which RCA plugs on the ISO cabling, 5 and 6, connect and which are labelled AUX IN L and R.

The explanation from Xtrons was as follows:
The sound of Land Rover’s unit is input to the original car’s CD through the original car’s AUX channel.
If the aux of the original car is in the armrest box, 7 and 8 must be disconnected, and then connected with the audio cable.
If your original car interface has an audio input definition, there is no need to modify the cable. Our cables are directly plugged in, and then switch to the original car's aux state.

I make absolutely no criticism of the lack of clarity - my Mandarin isn’t up to much. Very Happy

So I think I’ll leave 7 and 8 connected and connect it all up and see what happens. I hope to get to that on Sunday.

Re the illumination, did you simply connect 12, Illumination Cable, to a power source on the switches below the Xtrons 'keyboard'?

Same problem here, struggled the whole day getting the Xtrons working, I needed to use the black interconnecting loom as the grey connectors do not fit on my original connectors. What I found strange is that the gray loom has a split for AUX using red and white RCA connector and the black loom has nothing to redirect the AUX, big question for the moment.
If anybody has an solution, otherwise I'm going to cut up looms tomorrow Shocked
Also still searching for a reverse switch connection to activate the reverse cam.
All ideas are welcome Wink

Did you fix the audio on this? I have the same wiring loom with the black connectors, and there seems no obvious way to get the Aux connection running.
Cheers.

Post #432132 28th Apr 2023 5:22 pm
Yvan Van Gucht

I ended up cutting down the looms and soldering new connectors, strange as it should have been a fit to a Freelander as it is a designated kit. At the end I'm not very happy with the Xtron and original audio system combo, if I would do it new, I would exchange the original audio by a double din unit. I think today there are better options than the Xtron which is, to my opinion not a very state of the art system anymore.

Post #438178 4th Jan 2024 11:10 am
d3explorer

2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Bali Blue

Has anybody had any experience with the newer IA72DLRLS unit from Xtrons?

I wired it up using the provided tap-in to the cars wiring loom and despite from horrendous static through the Aux in I can't get any sound at all. As far as I can see, the only way on this unit to get input to the aux is through the loom as none of the additional cables would let me input it to the 3.5mm aux jack in the console.

There's a 3.5mm audio output coming out of the loom provided with the Xtrons unit, which appeared to be the source of the static, but not sure if I then need to provide a 3.5mm cable to extend this to the aux input? To add to things, it also doesn't seem to fit very well with the existing screw holes in the dash.

I ripped it out again and asked Xtrons for a return, but if anybody thinks I'm doing something daft that's stopping it work I'm all ears as I'd love to have Car Play in the Freelander!

Post #440005 11th Mar 2024 11:13 am
Yvan Van Gucht

I installed the PQS70DLRL version, but encountered similar issues.It turned out that connecting the audio output from the Xtron to the AUX input of the LR stereo was necessary. To resolve them, I decided to resolder the connections to ensure functionality.

If I were to reinstall the system, I would opt for a double din unit from a premium brand instead of the Xtrons and replace the original stereo. In my case, the base version lacked additional appealing features so actually no specific reason to keep it in

Post #440027 11th Mar 2024 6:38 pm
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

I know the Xtrons sends audio to the factory HU via the AUX socket. Normally you'll need to tap into that at the actual socket, or the harness at the back of the HU. 2009 Rimini Red SE TD4. Soon to be sold.
Hyundai Ionic 5 Ultimate on order.
Gone. 2006 Tonga Green i6 HSE.

Post #440072 13th Mar 2024 7:06 pm
Chrism551

2012 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Has anyone come up with a quality replacement for the sat nav screen as mine is hopelessly out of date and the radio isnt much better. Fm works not to bad but the DAB side is almost unusable.

Post #440095 14th Mar 2024 8:38 pm
Tomlaw

United Kingdom 

d3explorer wrote:
Has anybody had any experience with the newer IA72DLRLS unit from Xtrons?

Yes, I installed this version. It works fine, the only thing I haven't been able to get to work is the auto dimming, but I've just left that for now. For the audio, from what I recall, the loom connecting to the head unit and the loom connecting to the xtrons both have cables marked "aux out". These get connected together. It is best to test it in place before putting everything back together properly.

As for the screw holes, the top brackets should be fine and get attached first. The bottom ones might be be a little tricky and sometimes you need to make adjustments with washers. The right hand screw hole on mine has a little washer underneath it to improve the screen alignment with the hole where the cubby was.

Post #440203 18th Mar 2024 11:21 am
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

Chrism551 wrote:
Has anyone come up with a quality replacement for the sat nav screen as mine is hopelessly out of date and the radio isnt much better. Fm works not to bad but the DAB side is almost unusable.

You mean the mapping is out of date? Or the GUI is a bit clunky?
My NAV is usable with a 2021 disc installed in the drive.

As the audio system is basically integrated into the vehicle data busses, replacement isn't at all easy. My DAB isn't great, but that's not the vehicle, it's the DAB network that's rubbish. FM should be OK, especially if it has the diversity receivers installed. 2009 Rimini Red SE TD4. Soon to be sold.
Hyundai Ionic 5 Ultimate on order.
Gone. 2006 Tonga Green i6 HSE.

Post #440216 18th Mar 2024 6:51 pm
Tomlaw

United Kingdom 

Chrism551 wrote:

There's no reason why you can't use an xtrons as far as I know. If you have the sat nav screen, you will need a fibre optic loop connector to fix the break in the loop when you remove the screen. The xtrons delivers audio via the aux setting on the radio. You will lose the aux port but you can run a new connector into the glove box if you actually use it. I don't use the radio, but you do need to add an antenna if you want to use it from the xtrons I think. I think mine came with a receiver but I'm not sure if all do.

Post #440223 18th Mar 2024 10:52 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12