Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Brake Hose replacement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Bobbster

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Mauritius Blue

Hi Jules, I have the same issue my drivers side brake pipeline about an inch before the flexible hose down to the brake caliper has broken apart when undoing the 10mm union. Dont suppose you have the part number for it?

Post #432649 22nd May 2023 6:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
davyboy

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
Brake hose replacement

Well, yes been there receiving the advice from dealership regarding car at six years old but most importantly the Blinkin cost.
Anyway during a brake inspection well many of them car now 13 years old with the nearside front having a slight split plus mot looming I decided to replace just the front hoses, bought them from Rimmer brothers which they arrived next day.
Yes the nearside front came off without any problems, but the offside nope, steel pipe just twisted then sheard off, what a panic then, things todo places to go wife to entertain and no brakes.

So, walked up to local corner garage cap in hand to borrow the brake pipe tool plus buy an end piece, no I was told the kits been loaned out and returned with bits missing.
So walked back to bus stop caught a bus to city centre and visited Machine Mart for pipe tool, which in fact was quite cheap and they had spare ends and joints in the kit.
Bus home, walked home and within an hour pipe fixed, bled and Road tested. No leaks.
There was just enough pipe to pull down re shape and re mould to correct shape.

Lesson learnt now. SOAK all brake pipes in WD40 every time I see em, blinkin shame got my discovery sport now, freelander was traded in, and just noticed has just been taxed, so someone somewhere has got a blinkin good car and new brake hoses on the front!😊

Post #432657 22nd May 2023 8:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

Bobbster wrote:
Hi Jules, I have the same issue my drivers side brake pipeline about an inch before the flexible hose down to the brake caliper has broken apart when undoing the 10mm union. Dont suppose you have the part number for it?

No I didnt keep a record but have a look here

https://www.advancedfactors.co.uk/brake-hoses--pipes-1644-c.asp Jules

Post #432665 22nd May 2023 10:34 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12