Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Move from E5 to E10 fuel.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Dartman the one

England 

Most large mowers and ride ones have the fuel tank above the carburetor therefore either disconnect at the tank if it has a fuel shut off tap, drain at the carburetor by disconnecting the fuel line. For a more permanent solution fit a 2 way fuel switch. my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #413503 17th Oct 2021 6:54 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I’ll get one of the staff to do it……. Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #413504 17th Oct 2021 7:33 pm
superspeed3065

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Firenze Red
E10

Tesco fuel in an 07 Mondeo Edge 1800cc 27.33mpg doing stop start town runs and short journeys (when I converted litres to gallons on a calculator)
Esso 99 octane fuel, although alot dearer, the car did 33.43 mpg. Cost per mile is not a huge difference but the engine is noticably smoother and perkier. We will carry on using the 99 octane fuel.
Atco lawnmower using supermarked petrol shouldn't be any different from named garage fuel but it doesn't start as readily and pops and farts.
Echo chain saw 2yr old proper saw (and lighter than the Stihl saws that seem to trend well where I live) is 2 stroke and up until recently always ran great, powerful and smooth on expensive Aspen fuel and started as soon as you touched the cord , ran smooth , no hiccups . Then recently I ran out and so mixed some Stihl 2 stroke oil with supermarket petrol . Engine suddenly taking two pulls or more to start and running spitting and farting until properly heated up. I will be going for container of Aspen for the 2 strokes.

Post #413510 18th Oct 2021 12:35 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Yes , Aspen alkylate fuel is the answer for small machines . People always look at the price , not the benefits . The local saw dealer has two jars on the counter which had been filled with poly in packing noodles and fuel , you can see the noodles in the Aspen jar , in the pump fuel jar you see a stringy snotty mess . Alkylate is much kinder to small carbs , filters and fuel lines , and has a major health and environmental benefit from having less toxic products of combustion. Running garden machinery on Alkylates also means less service . My saw was £600 plus , as was my brushcutter , my pole lopper north of 800. I’ll not be adding water to pump fuel any time soon on that kit . They fire up run flat out , never bog down even if left untouched over winter . On a second point , I’ve started using “ green /eco “ chain bar oil . No point in using super clean fuel , then chucking gallons of muck all over the place as you cut ! 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #413513 18th Oct 2021 5:48 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123