Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > non start/trip reset
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

Don't like to worry you but some of that sounds chillingly like what happened to mine a week or so before I took it into the dealers - ominous clicking, non-start, LR Assist, instrument cluster fault indicated on diagnostics...

Shocked

Post #8313 10th Oct 2007 3:38 pm
mountain

Ireland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Last edited by mountain on 29th Oct 2007 10:36 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #8485 12th Oct 2007 9:31 pm
dmck

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Ipanema Sand
Trip reset/Fuel consumption

I had my first trip reset last week after 6 months /6500miles faultless performance.

I have followed the forum since I got the car in May and was always curious about the ave. fuel consumption posts, as my ave. fuel readout has changed very little since I got the car. Following the trip reset fault last week, the readout now changes every few miles or so, (as opposed to every few weeks previously).

I was on Holiday in the wilds of Ardnamurchan last week when the fault occurred and got an average fuel consumption readout of 38.5 when I got home to Glasgow. Previously my reading was just over 27 for my normal 5 mile daily commute.

My question is should the average consumption reading reset every time you purposefully press the trip reset? , and is this how you all monitor your fuel consumption or do you brim the tank at refill and note the milage?

Post #8530 14th Oct 2007 5:03 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: Trip reset/Fuel consumption

dmck wrote:
I had my first trip reset last week after 6 months /6500miles faultless performance.

I have followed the forum since I got the car in May and was always curious about the ave. fuel consumption posts, as my ave. fuel readout has changed very little since I got the car. Following the trip reset fault last week, the readout now changes every few miles or so, (as opposed to every few weeks previously).

I was on Holiday in the wilds of Ardnamurchan last week when the fault occurred and got an average fuel consumption readout of 38.5 when I got home to Glasgow. Previously my reading was just over 27 for my normal 5 mile daily commute.

My question is should the average consumption reading reset every time you purposefully press the trip reset? , and is this how you all monitor your fuel consumption or do you brim the tank at refill and note the milage?

I would suggest that if you do not reset the av consumption on the computer when you fill up the computer will continue to average out the consumption; so if you DON'T reset the computer you will get a longer term average (this will be a 'real' long term average as long as the computer is running) the longer you leave the average running the less susceptible
it will be to short term changes either up, or down. So if you reset it when 'cruising' you'll see very good figures, but it if you reset it while doing lots of driving around town the average will probably be low. A long term average based on miles driven against full to full miles covered will always give a more realistic average fuel consumption.

Post #8539 14th Oct 2007 7:20 pm
dmck

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Ipanema Sand

Avtur,

Thanks for the response, which has confirmed my understanding of the trip computer.

What I was really trying to establish was whether the re-setting of the trip switch also reset the average consumption and speed readings, as it did not appear to do so on my car, until the reset error last week.

Douglas

Post #8579 15th Oct 2007 8:50 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

dmck wrote:
Avtur,

Thanks for the response, which has confirmed my understanding of the trip computer.

What I was really trying to establish was whether the re-setting of the trip switch also reset the average consumption and speed readings, as it did not appear to do so on my car, until the reset error last week.

Douglas

It always has on mine - resetting either the mileage, ave speed or ave consumption resets all 3. Every other car I've had with a trip computer has always allowed you to reset all 3 independently, which seems much more useful to me, so I'm not sure why LR have done it this way.

Post #8580 15th Oct 2007 8:56 pm
upnaway

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Baltic Blue
Non Start

Believe service fix now available. Should take about 30 mins still pining for my 3dr, no removeable hardtop, no drop glass tailgate, no roof rack, no pockets everywhere to stow all that man kit

Post #10077 15th Nov 2007 10:06 pm
tangowagon

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black
start problem

I find that I only get the start problem if I am hasty when inoutting the key and pressing the start button if I put the key in carefully and hold my finger on the start button for a few seconds I appear to have no problem. It has been back to the dealer twice but there appears to be no immediate solution. However if you had had the problems I had with my previous vehicle (the new honda civic) you would think this nothing. If you want a dealership to vandalise a vehicle take it to Gordons Honda in Wigan!!!!

Post #10273 18th Nov 2007 11:10 pm
JJ

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: start problem

I have encountered this problem twice since taking delivery of the car at the end of September and as a result I searched and found this forum on the subject. The first time, I think, was due to being hasty but not the second.
I had completed over 1600miles before it happened.
Can anybody confirm that they have a real fix before I go in and see my dealer.
Apart from this its a great car to drive.

Post #10410 21st Nov 2007 2:10 pm
upnaway

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Baltic Blue

JJ, I believe the service fix I refer to couple of posts ago is for real, some electronic gizmo in the instrument pack occasionaly as a strop causing non start.
p.s. Emily still v. muddy still pining for my 3dr, no removeable hardtop, no drop glass tailgate, no roof rack, no pockets everywhere to stow all that man kit

Post #10734 27th Nov 2007 9:50 pm
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

I was too hasty inouting the fob last week and yes it failed to start and the trip computer did reset .Has been fine since but more importantly it has gained me 3-4 mpg Shocked .Before the reset the mpg display barely moved i was stuck around 28-29mpg now it changes rapidly and i am upto 32-33mpg Very Happy

Post #10764 28th Nov 2007 10:44 am
scotster

upnaway or anyone..

1) Does anyone have an official line from LR on none start? Mine displayed HDC system fault.
2) Where can we find the latest ECU software version from LR?
3) I assume I cant see my software verson without taking to a dealer?

My car was delivered 2 weeks and has done only 300 miles, the fault occurred tonight in heavy London traffic as I had kiled the engine whilst waiting at level crossing. Failed start X 2 and I had to hit the hazards. 20 beeping horns behind me was not at all amusing.

I guess none starts may be due to various system start up checks failing which is fair ( as long as they are real faults). But as someone who has worked on real time embedded industrial software the 'follow a check list' and 'do things slowly' excuses are exactly that, excuses. Any engineer worth his salt would class not being able to interface with the real world as a system fault and not a user fault.

"Slow down world! I want to get off" Rolling Eyes

S. '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #10824 28th Nov 2007 8:56 pm
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Does this mean that even the most recently delivered diesels still have this fault? Big Cry I'm just about to order a new diesel FL2 which will replace my i6, but would not like to get into further trouble. So, are there people with eg September production cars who suffer from the non-start problem? Question

Post #10825 28th Nov 2007 9:19 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Had mine since July and haven't suffered the non-start problem (yet Exclamation ) (fingers crossed) ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #10826 28th Nov 2007 9:22 pm
scotster

dekaf..

Mine was built on Nov 5th...

Slowly slowly catchy monkey.... '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #10830 28th Nov 2007 9:37 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>