Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > non start/trip reset
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
another one

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

had my car for 4 days and 125 miles and had the non start trip reset thing this week. Only thing i did was the night before i pressed the hazard button by mistake on the remote and set the alarm off. Quickly reset the alarm and locked car ( i really just wanted the neighbours to look at my new car). When i got in the next morning there was a flashing red light on the dash and the car wouldn't start. Took the key back out and in again and the car started as normal but all trips had reset along with average fuel and speed records.

My car is 08 model year so its looks like the problem still exists somewhere deep in the programming.

I am not really too bothered my initial average mpg was embarassing and i never need to look at the trip mileage. I also like driving the car too much to be annoyed by this. It will be different if the non starts continue on a regular basis though.

Post #7494 26th Sep 2007 8:13 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I've had the non start, take key out, put key back in, why's my trip reset problem aswell

A quick trip to the dealer should sort it, though I would have expected they would have done it prior to delivery as this patch has been around a while now.

mpg is a personal thing, i have a heavy right foot and a company that pays for all my fuel, so mpg is not something i am too bothered about aswell

Post #7502 26th Sep 2007 8:43 pm
smallfry

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Narvik Black

what do you do on the non start if you cant get the keys out mine is just dead?

Post #7506 26th Sep 2007 8:53 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I have had that before, since i was stalled and at a set of traffic lights,

I can only say what i think i did..... which was release the clutch and then i tried again to release the key.

I hate that blind panic situations like that

Post #7517 26th Sep 2007 9:38 pm
smallfry

bit of a bummer cos mines an auto and no how much i stamp on the floor i cant find the clutch, so far its had to go back to the dealer for either new batt or complete recharge, they have downloaded "new" patch and hope it wont happen for a 4th time, but they are not sure it needed a patch in the first place, so everything is crossed at the moment

Post #7520 26th Sep 2007 9:58 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

smallfry wrote:
bit of a bummer cos mines an auto and no how much i stamp on the floor i cant find the clutch, so far its had to go back to the dealer for either new batt or complete recharge, they have downloaded "new" patch and hope it wont happen for a 4th time, but they are not sure it needed a patch in the first place, so everything is crossed at the moment

Have you read the "Not Happy" thread by Nightfox in Technical he had flat battery with his car, it might be of some help to you

Post #7521 26th Sep 2007 10:07 pm
smallfry

will do thanks Thumbs Up

Post #7522 26th Sep 2007 10:13 pm
radney1303

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

I thought the non starting / trip resetting / dropping revs problem had been sorted so bit dismayed to collect my car from the delaer yesterday to be told "land rover are aware of the problem but have no fix at present".

Has anybody spoken to Land Rover direct regarding this? Just wondered if this was the official line.

Post #7629 29th Sep 2007 1:27 pm
Narvik

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Narvik Black

Picked my new car up and within 20 miles I too had the non-start problem, intend to mention this to the dealer. let you guys know what is said

Post #7648 29th Sep 2007 9:06 pm
waaxh03

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

This happened to me today also. I tried to start the car with the passenger door open. Result = no start trip reset. Tried it again. Result = no start trip reset. Closed the passenger door and car started but the trip remained on zero.
Could somebody try this to see if it the same on all FL2s. Confused

Thanks
waaxh03

Post #7660 30th Sep 2007 7:38 pm
Pheasantplucker57

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Sumatra Black

Surprise, surprise...at 1,000 miles all was ok...at 1232 miles and 27 days, the car would not start and the trip computers and average speed/mpg all re-set. Replaced the key fob and it started. Will report to the dealer tomorrow. Will monitor it over the coming days. Sad Freelander 2 GS Auto black + privacy glass
Mercedes E220 CDI

Post #7915 4th Oct 2007 6:39 pm
joe1978

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

AAAARRRGGGHHH,

28 days and 1300 miles and today I had the whole non-start trip reset problem!!!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

joe MY11 Fuji white Td4 150 GS straight up no mixer.

Post #8086 6th Oct 2007 9:12 pm
lardy

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Rimini Red

i've just had it at 1400 miles, didnt really bother me - took the key out put it back in and everything started up Confused

Post #8103 7th Oct 2007 11:24 am
muddywheels

England 

Sad Had my FL2 9 days/350 miles - start failure and reset issue this morning - ejected key tried again and started but all info reset Crying or Very sad

Post #8242 9th Oct 2007 5:52 pm
JMMYM

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

My FL2 TD4 first had non-start/trip reset at about 1500 miles. Faffed about locking/unlocking etc and it eventually started. I booked it in at dealers and had software updated about 4 months ago. Had no problems since until last Friday, having now done approx 7000 miles. Parked up on a side a street, dived in barber's shop to get barnet trimmed. Jumped back in motor 15 mins later, pushed fob in dash and heard an ominous clicking noise from dash before I even pressed start button. Pushed 'start' - dash light up but no sign of starting. Messed about locking/unlocking etc for 30 mins - still sign of starting. Ended up phoning LR assist - not bad service, guy turned up in about 25 mins. Seemed surprised when he heard it wouldn't start after software update. He disconnected battery to reboot computer - still no sign of starting. He reloaded update from laptop - still no sign of starting. He then left laptop to run diagnostic check. Said he suspected fob may be duff because he's had a couple in past that were. Anyway, diagnostic check showed a fault from instrument pack, that may have been from previous non start months before - couldn't tell becuase there was no date logged. Also showing was a fault on steering column lock - not realeasing. Anyway he tried to start it again but this time whilst tried to move steering wheel from side to side. In end steering lock realeased, wheel moved and it started. Been right as rain since but I've got it booked in dealers for them to get to bottom of along with crashing front suspension over spee bumps and non wanted auto wipe on start up.

Post #8312 10th Oct 2007 3:05 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>