Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > VXDIAG VCX Nano
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
seros

Hi All

Coud any confirm that is safely posible to edit the CCF with the VXDiag? Is it DA Aproved?

Thanx!

Post #374296 29th Jun 2019 11:43 pm
Grue

New Zealand 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black

Hope to have time for more of a play this week and will report back.

Post #374354 30th Jun 2019 8:51 pm
seros

I do have time... but after all the advices I have receive regarding the use of the cloned devices, I have no other choice than buy a good one to prevent serious risks.

It would be nice to know which device is the most cost-effective for this purpose... I have been suggested some of the DA Approved, however, I don't know if with this one will be valid:

https://www.diagnostic-associates.com/coll...-interface

...or should I jump to:

https://www.diagnostic-associates.com/coll...-interface

Some of you are using the VXdiag, which is cheaper, but I don't have any feedback from the quality results, and the IIDtool, that is quite safe but limited simultaneously.

I will post all updates, as I said, this is something I am really willing to begin and meanwhile will get deeper into the CCF system.

Thanx!

Post #374356 30th Jun 2019 9:14 pm
Grue

New Zealand 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black

Yeah, if you can justify the extra coin then it is the sensible route. Got the nano for key coding - everything else is a bonus, but happy to play and let people know what else it can/can't do.

Post #374362 1st Jul 2019 2:14 am
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

I managed to pick one up very cheaply, and quite literally put it in the bin a few months later. It was so unreliable. Just watching the can traffic you could see it creating bus errors. It's probably okay for fault code reading and maybe learning your way around SDD, but I wouldn't trust driving with it plugged in let alone making changes.

It's maybe just a bad unit, supplier wasn't interested in supporting, they are known to have a range of designs and quality. I use an ODIS version of the VXDIAG for VW stuff which is far more reliable and doesn't cause bus errors. But even then I shelled out on the more reliable but limited VagCOM, and layer a genuine VAS.

Post #374363 1st Jul 2019 7:17 am
alex_pescaru

seros wrote:
after all the advices I have receive regarding the use of the cloned devices, I have no other choice than buy a good one to prevent serious risks.

To compensate a little, I never have had any problems with a cloned device. Indeed, it was used on a fresh install of a Windows XP, but never had a problem.
On the other hand, I have a friend with a genuine DA interface that managed to "brick" a few modules.
I used quotes for "brick" word, because such thing is quite impossible, because a failed flash will put that module in bootloader mode and you can repeat the procedure until it works.
And even for a "blank"/all zeros CCF, the car will start and run. Of course, some features will not work or work strangely, but the engine and the car will run.
The above must not be seen as an encouragement to use cloned devices and all you do you do at your own risk.

Post #374364 1st Jul 2019 7:26 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12