Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > PTC Heater Recall (P014)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

bjartin wrote:
My Recall P014 came today. (Why is Denmark after England and Italy in the .. Censored queue?)
I have not been to Recall P011 because I've been waiting to get everything organized at once. Mr. Green

We dont have to have that fix as Norwegian models are "up-market" compaired to the rest Rolling with laughter 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #34766 15th Jan 2009 6:07 pm
Rowy

CumbrianCanary wrote:
Lloyds Landrover Carlisle must have changed a lot in the last few years, they were awful when I used them. Kentdale in Kendal for me in the morning.

Went to Kentdale twice to buy FL1 then FL2 3 years apart "greeted" by same un-interested, un-informed sales man. walked out and bought from else where over the phone.
I have rang them a few times for parts and the parts department is just as bad. I once went in and asked for FL2 TD4 oil Filter, half way through oil change my mechanic realised it was for a FL1, when I rang kentdale- He said he only heard the TD4 bit???
Idiots the lot of 'em!

Rowy

Post #34780 15th Jan 2009 7:47 pm
Grumpy

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Izmir Blue

Mine goes in tomorrow for the heater replacement. Have had 2 different estimates of time taken to fit - 1 hour and 3 hours - the 3 hour apparnetly has the whole centre console taken out - anyone know what really needs done? Banging Head Grumpy

Post #34784 15th Jan 2009 9:53 pm
xxtrail

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Had my heater replaced today. Dropped the car off at 09:00 and picked it up at 14:00 FULLY VALETED and had a D3 courtesy car for the duration.

They said when booking-in that it was approx 3 hour job and had to fit in with the daily schedule, and only 'certain' technicians were carrying out the mod, and would ring when ready. So no inconvenience, job done and car cleaned inside and out gives my dealer Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up from me. Was GS TD4 Auto, Privacy, Santorini with Tundra & Alpaca, Cold Climate Pack. Traded for Discovery Sport HSE Auto.

Post #34789 15th Jan 2009 11:14 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

scotster wrote:
I was told that the PTC heater is just an auxiliary electric heater to give you warm air whilst the diesel engine warms up ..

Thats exactly what it does. Since mine was replaced, the cabin does warm up quicker. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #34805 16th Jan 2009 9:35 am
Mav71

xxtrail wrote:
Had my heater replaced today. Dropped the car off at 09:00 and picked it up at 14:00 FULLY VALETED and had a D3 courtesy car for the duration.

They said when booking-in that it was approx 3 hour job and had to fit in with the daily schedule, and only 'certain' technicians were carrying out the mod, and would ring when ready. So no inconvenience, job done and car cleaned inside and out gives my dealer Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up from me.

I think they pick the patient technicians to do this as the whole centre console has to come out and the hand brake dis-engaged.

My hand brake was fab after the work was completed. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #34806 16th Jan 2009 9:37 am
FreeGreen

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tonga Green

Dear xxtrail,

Thank you for the feedback, I am still waiting for the dealer to call me in.

Am I right in assuming that you changed your NISSAN X-TRail for the Freelander 2 as well ?
We did that after 3 years driving the X-trail last December, so far we did not regret, the Landrover is behaving well, provides a higher seating position (important for my wife), more solid appearance (my impression) and more confortable driving Thumbs Up .

If I want to find some disadvantages of the FL2:
The small trunk, a lot of electronics, which is more irritating than helping (me, at least) - especially the heating, ventilation system (I don't want to leave it always on auto) is much to complicated compared with the simple but functioning Japanese system Rolling Eyes .

What is your impression comparing these two cars?

Best regards
FreeGreen

Post #34808 16th Jan 2009 9:39 am
xxtrail

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Hi FreeGreen,

The X-Trail was a much superior car to the 'revised' F1 in 2004, but by replacement time in 2008 the new F2 was in a totally different class to the new X-Trail. The F2 was a 'special' car to drive, far more refined interior, auto box quiet and very smooth, whereas the X-Trail auto was harsh and noisey - no comparison - and I did a back to back drive. Well worth the extra pennies. I like gadgets and the F2 is loaded with them, even the GS. Was GS TD4 Auto, Privacy, Santorini with Tundra & Alpaca, Cold Climate Pack. Traded for Discovery Sport HSE Auto.

Post #34810 16th Jan 2009 10:13 am
bjartin

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Grumpy wrote:
Mine goes in tomorrow for the heater replacement. Have had 2 different estimates of time taken to fit - 1 hour and 3 hours - the 3 hour apparnetly has the whole centre console taken out - anyone know what really needs done? Banging Head

Landrover Denmark says: disconnection performed on roughly 1 hours 20 minutes. Arrow They do not say how long the connection takes Big Cry
I believe that such a notice is worthless..................... LR Freelander2 2,2 Td4 HSE manuel Stornaway Grey (Metallic) & Ebony Black Leather & Sun/Moon-roof & Bi-Xenon & Roof Rails & Tow bar & Body side rubbing strips & Cold climate pack & Privacy glass & NavTeq . Production Date: 11/5-2007 in Halewood.

Sorry, but I have changed to Defender 90 ", and I love my" tractor ".
http://www.youtube.com/bjartin

Post #34811 16th Jan 2009 10:16 am
Mav71

We looked at the X-Trail before we bought the FL2, to be honest I am sure it is a fine car, but I would not want to be seen in it. The styling is just awful. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #34812 16th Jan 2009 10:56 am
PJW

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey

Very effecient at Stratstone Wolverhampton. Waited for Fl2 while they did the Heater re-call. All fixed and working in 1.50 Hrs. No sign that the dash had been removed. Hot air at last when starting from cold. Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto with Winter Pack, Stornaway Grey, Ebony, Grey Mirror Caps. Removable towbar with 13 pin Electrics

Post #34918 17th Jan 2009 5:21 pm
FreeGreen

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tonga Green

Mav71 wrote:
We looked at the X-Trail before we bought the FL2, to be honest I am sure it is a fine car, but I would not want to be seen in it. The styling is just awful.

I agree, as far as the newest facelift X-Trail design is concerned. The last model, which we drove, however, had some similar proportions like the FL2, just everything a bit smaller or less solid. It was the X-Trail box design, which we enjoyed and made us looking for something similar when changing the car - and we ended up at Landrover Thumbs Up !

Post #34975 18th Jan 2009 5:11 pm
Mikey

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

bilen123 wrote:
I read on string somewhere else that they need to remove the dash!!!! Hope they do not create any other issues I hate garages messing with factory buiolt cars they often create other problems down stream.

No, just the centre console has to come out Thumbs Up

And, if your good, you can do them in 45 mins Whistle

Post #34982 18th Jan 2009 9:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Peter33

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Zermatt Silver

Had my FL2 Heater modified today at Lloyd Landrover Carlisle, they also fixed my High Level Brakelight leak and (as I queried earlier here )found a pinprick hole in the top of my screenwash tank (which explains the dripping after filling) and as it will take 1 to 2 hours, will replace on my 15k service next month.

Only had to wait an hour and a half, can't wait to see how quick it warms up next cold morning!

Post #35387 23rd Jan 2009 7:43 pm
Ian M

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Izmir Blue

I'm confused !! Just got a 10month old TD4 SE auto which was first registered on 15/04/08 and built, I think, in December 07. The VIN no starts SALFA23 which seems to be outside of the recall numbers, SALFA27 to SALFA24 (seem to be working backwards here ?) Will my vehicle have one of these heaters?
It doesn't seem to heat up very quickly on the last few cold mornings we've had.

Post #35631 27th Jan 2009 12:43 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>