Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > PTC Heater Recall (P014)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Well mine certainly heats up the cabin on these cold mornings we've been having lately in a very short time. I would certainly get it checked out with the dealer. ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #34364 10th Jan 2009 7:41 pm
Bill Turner

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black
Re: PTC Heater Recall (P014)

Sanderling wrote:
Interested to hear from those that have had this done. Just how effective is it ? Do you get warm air quickly ?

It has been done on my car but as far as I can tell the car still takes ages to warm up the cabin but not sure what to expect as the recall was done before I purchased the car in late December.

My FL2 was booked into Conwy LR for its first service on Friday 09/01/09 and on Thursday evening on return from the Autosport Show at the NEC the Saftey recall letter was waiting for me, which I took along on the Friday and showed it to the very nice Katie on Service Reception and she arranged for it to be done at the same time as the service and lent me a 08 registered TDV6 to play with for the day.
Te service was duly completed and I returned home. Next morning when the car was started the PTC heater was producing heat within one minute of start up without having to prees the programme button or anything else.

Bill Turner. Life Honorary Member of Wallasey Motor Club.
Licenced MSA Radio Operator for 35+ years.
Rallying is the only sport.

Post #34486 12th Jan 2009 2:07 pm
scotster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

After spending a day with car and the new heater I am probably ready to go back on what I said.
Once the car is up and moving around it seemed to do its job OK. Maybe it is as it was stood still with the engine running... Anyroad.. I wont be taking it back in unless the damp smell it is currently producing when switched on goes away!! Rolling Eyes '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #34491 12th Jan 2009 2:28 pm
philsh

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

Just got my letter. Mine is booked in for 6th February. I guarantee the weather will be unusually mild by then!! Big Cry Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #34501 12th Jan 2009 2:56 pm
mikeandpauline

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Hi folks, had my new heater fitted yesterday and this morning used the heater controls to clear the frost (-3) instead of the heated windscreen........brilliant, windscreen started to defrost with warm air in about 30 seconds, for anyone info, had controls on max heat and auto climate control, not specifically directed at screen, just as a kind of test, went short run in veh and much quicker heat up in cabin as well.......far better than before when we were freezing even after a 20 min run!

hope this helps

Mike

............still smiling

Post #34670 14th Jan 2009 4:14 pm
rovers

England 2007 LR2 TD4 GS Manual Tambora Flame
auxillary heater

Hello everyone,I had my heater done last week after letter sent out to say parts were ini.It works as soon as the ignition is switched on at a certain temp and gets hot within 30 seconds.The heater also seems to be hotter than before and is exellent.It does not require the programe button to be used at all. Laughing Thumbs Up I have a LR2GS with privacy glass and winter pack

Post #34691 14th Jan 2009 8:52 pm
CumbrianCanary

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

I'm getting mine fitted tomorrow. Will be good to have some heat back, just a shame it is after the cold snap Crying or Very sad

Post #34695 14th Jan 2009 9:13 pm
Rowy

Just had mine fitted today, excellent service as usual from Lloyds Landrover Carlisle even tightened my handbrake Foc without any prompting.

Rowy

Post #34698 14th Jan 2009 10:33 pm
CumbrianCanary

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Lloyds Landrover Carlisle must have changed a lot in the last few years, they were awful when I used them. Kentdale in Kendal for me in the morning.

Post #34707 14th Jan 2009 11:36 pm
Toolking

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Baltic Blue

it was great to have mine working again when it was minus 3 this morning, without it the car was hardly warm before I finished the 6 mile trip to work. Smile
Stratstone Milton Keynes did it yesterday while I walked into Newport Pagnell and drooled over the Aston Martins parked outside the factory ( or whats left of it).
It took Stratstone somewhat longer than the quoted hour and a half, seems they had a problem. Everything seems to be ok though and I was kept amused watching an electrician and one of the staff failing to sort out a problem with the electricity supply - it seems someone had drilled through a cable. I was also envious of the guy who was having a look at a beautiful black RRS - very nice as long as you don't think about the fuel bills He who dies with the most tools wins!

Post #34713 15th Jan 2009 12:06 am
bilen123

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Dealer oin Coventry has parts in so my recall work will be carried out next week. Never used the PROG button but will next time

Post #34742 15th Jan 2009 1:59 pm
Firestar

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Had my PTC heater replaced the other day. It warms up much quicker than before, with no user intervention. We've only had the car since October and I assume it had been disconnected before we purchased.

As others have noticed the handbrake was adjusted during the work (I wonder if the PTC removal/re-fitting requires removal of the centre console hence the handbrake re-adjustment?).

Post #34746 15th Jan 2009 3:03 pm
bilen123

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

I read on string somewhere else that they need to remove the dash!!!! Hope they do not create any other issues I hate garages messing with factory buiolt cars they often create other problems down stream.

Post #34753 15th Jan 2009 3:22 pm
Andy Tring

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Sumatra Black

Had mine done yesterday, picked it up late last night but there were a couple of things wrong that I found out on the drive home.

They must take quite a lot of the car apart inside as afterwards I had problems getting into 5th and 6th gear. There seemed to be about 2"s of play when trying to engage these gears.

I took it back today and to their credit they did sort out with an hour. Also the windows didn't close with one touch operation as they used to(also fixed today) and they lost one of my auxilliery power socket covers! (still missing)

Also one spare black screw found laying in the centre console. Annoying......

Andy

Post #34756 15th Jan 2009 3:50 pm
bjartin

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

My Recall P014 came today. (Why is Denmark after England and Italy in the .. Censored queue?)
I have not been to Recall P011 because I've been waiting to get everything organized at once. Mr. Green LR Freelander2 2,2 Td4 HSE manuel Stornaway Grey (Metallic) & Ebony Black Leather & Sun/Moon-roof & Bi-Xenon & Roof Rails & Tow bar & Body side rubbing strips & Cold climate pack & Privacy glass & NavTeq . Production Date: 11/5-2007 in Halewood.

Sorry, but I have changed to Defender 90 ", and I love my" tractor ".
http://www.youtube.com/bjartin

Post #34763 15th Jan 2009 5:41 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>