Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Which Freelander ? SE or HSE? And some general quesions.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
Kingy

United Kingdom 

AndyC wrote:
But if that is hers (oops sorry, YOUR) decision,

I've gathered the info on both vehicles - Its my wifes car and ultimately it was her decision.

AndyC wrote:

So far the FL2 has been trouble free with none of the many problems discussed on this forum Thumbs Up . The dealer was excellent and gave us a good service and a great deal Thumbs Up . Servicing has been excellent (except for 1 dirty thumb mark on the roof lining Rolling Eyes ) although more expensive than what I remember from BMW service,

I'm really pleased for you. Thumbs Up
The dealer we purchased the X3 off offered us a 57 plate Freelander 2 XS. With the choice of either we went for the X3. After completing the deal the sales director told us the Freelander 2 was his wifes car and was being moved on as it had been a nuisance from new with repeat trips back to the dealer for niggly warranty work.

As for service costs - I've just gone off this forum (two current threads), landrover dealers and BMW dealers and you are right - the Landrover is more costly and services are more frequent.

AndyC wrote:

but otherwise a very economical vehicle to own regarding insurance and MPG (KPL in European terms) Thumbs Up . The FL2 is NO WAY a Freelander (1) and beats the existing X3 in every way

I'm not sure where you are getting mpg/ kpl figures from but the F2 is less ecenomical (diesel manual) than the BMW. Again, actual user posts on this forum state 35 - 42 mpg for the F2. The X3 returns more per gallon (44 yesterday in mixed road conditions) and gets more miles to a full tank. It's probably not an issue for most, but this was something my wife felt was important as she commutes to Heathrow.

I don't understand why you mention the Freelander 1 in here as that only manages 35mpg on long journeys so is comparable to neither vehicle. This fuel economy and the fact the F1 couldn't do a round trip on one tank is why my wife saw economy/tank range as important. With this in mind I tried to convince her to look at estate cars but after trying an Audi, Merc and BMW 3 series she much preferred the SUV driving position.

As for insurance - our quotes for both were similar £.

AndyC wrote:

The FL2 has excellent road handling and is very comfortable on long journeys as well Thumbs Up .

Great. Nothing like real owners experience. Thumbs Up
My wife said the X3 is aswell. After her first 100 miles yesterday which was a bit of a grueller due to bad traffic tailbacks at Newark and Lincoln she said the X3 was very comfy and a pleasure to drive. Cool

AndyC wrote:

Off road – well we do some – beats the X3 hands down Thumbs Up

Not something we needed to consider.
From my perspective - I have a Yamaha WR450 that I trail ride and enter enduros with. Once you get off road on one of these anything with four wheels seems a bit pedestrian and pointless imho. (I had a series landrover a few years ago so have tried 4 wheel and 2 wheel off road).

AndyC wrote:

Yeh – that’s about it – good for you and your X3,

Thankyou. Mr. Green

Post #35253 22nd Jan 2009 2:41 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

chicken george wrote:
Anyway if people didn't buy X3's etc, us FL2 owners would have nothing to feel superior about , So buy away make CG happy Thumbs Up

Andyc did you finger get stuck on the emoticon button in that last post?

Very Happy Confused Question Rolling with laughter Bow down Yawn Big Cry Big Cry Rolling Eyes Razz Shocked Wink Embarassed Cool Crying or Very sad Mr. Green Rolling with laughter Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Banging Head

no why Question 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #35254 22nd Jan 2009 2:45 pm
Kingy

United Kingdom 

Paul wrote:
@ Kingy: you're right. Apparently the name of the site has been changed so I edited my post. It should work now.
Just watched the top gear vid. Very convincing... Rolling with laughter

Thanks for that Paul.

Thought the Top Gear vid would go down well on this thread. Thumbs Up Clarkson at his best. Laughing

Post #35255 22nd Jan 2009 2:48 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Kingy, Good-buy then Laughing 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #35256 22nd Jan 2009 2:50 pm
Kingy

United Kingdom 

AndyC wrote:
Kingy, Good-buy then Laughing

Yes! ........... As long as we don't try and drive it anywhere we won't go wrong! Rolling with laughter

Bearing in mind the Top Gear vid, another take from Fifth Gear ..... http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O_g5VyFdHIg.
Good reason to make your own mind up and not get sucked in to what you see or read in the media imho!

Post #35259 22nd Jan 2009 2:53 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345