Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > P244A & B100A Faukt codes.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
marcusfordus

2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Zermatt Silver
P244A & B100A Faukt codes.

My puzzle for the week.
I've had intermittent Reduced Engine Performance over the past week. My really cheap OBD reader pulled up the P244A code which is low pressure on the DPF sensor.
Follwing the what to look for on here I found the split rubber pipe leading to the sensor so I replaced that piece.
Fault code cleared, all is well for a couple of days !
I then get the same engine management light and the REP message flash up, so plug in the Code reader with the same P244A, under the car again I go to find an upper rubber hose to the sensor has also split. Excellent I think, I've found it for good and replace all four hoses . Take the car out after clearing the code and it lasted 10 minutes before REP message. Crying or Very sad
I wanted to alter the CCF for towing so bought a Nanocom evolution and had the pleasure today of giving it a go. This super smart thing tells me I have Fault B100A which is fuel pump authorization logged as a permanent fault from the body control module. Clearing it does not get rid of the REP message, nor the engine management light, but plugging my cheap code reader in does let me clear it although it was displaying P244A .
So what is the next move ?????
Is the B100A the symptom of a sensor failure i.e. the DPF pressure sensor after multiple hoses splits, or should I be looking elsewhere ?

Post #329779 23rd Aug 2017 4:54 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

You really need the full code as can seen from below.

DTC Description Possible Cause Action B100A11 Fuel Pump Authorisation - circuit short to ground Fuel pump authorisation circuit - short to ground Refer to electrical circuit diagrams and check fuel pump authorisation circuit for short to ground.

B100A15 Fuel Pump Authorisation - circuit short to power or open Fuel pump authorisation circuit - short to power, open circuit Refer to electrical circuit diagrams and check fuel pump authorisation circuit for short to power, open circuit.

'Reduced Engine Performance' or 'Engine System Fault' message displayed. Torque derate, regeneration locked out (DTC P244A16 also logged)
Particulate filter differential pressure below limit
Clear DTC, cycle ignition status from ON to OFF (power down) a minimum of six times, set ignition status to ON, if DTC remains install a new differential pressure sensor

'Reduced Engine Performance' or 'Engine System Fault' message displayed. Regeneration locked out (DTC P244A00 also logged)
Signal not plausible. Differential pressure sensor hose line defective
Check for correct installation and integrity of differential pressure sensor hoses, rectify as required

'Reduced Engine Performance' or 'Engine System Fault' message displayed. Regeneration locked out (DTC P244A00
Signal not plausible. Differential pressure sensor hose line defective
Check for correct installation and integrity of differential pressure sensor hoses, rectify as required

'DPF Full Visit Dealer' message displayed. Torque derate, regeneration locked out (DTC P244A97 also logged)
Particulate filter differential pressure sensor blocked
Check for blocked/restricted Differential Pressure sensor and hoses FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #329785 23rd Aug 2017 8:46 pm
alex_pescaru

Last edited by alex_pescaru on 23rd Jun 2019 10:30 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #329803 24th Aug 2017 12:08 am
I Like Chips

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

B100A15 Fuel Pump Authorisation................. No solution at this moment in time unless someone has an answer.

I too have this DTC in spite of checking all over the web I can't find an answer. The car has no fault lights showing. The Fuel system works just as it should. No problems anywhere AFAIK

Yesterday I had an local Indy check it over. They said they couldn't find any obvious fault. The tech said they could have it in for 2 or 3 days strip the Fuel System down and still may not find anything. He suggested I live with it and await any further
problems.

Last edited by I Like Chips on 24th Aug 2017 4:52 pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #329809 24th Aug 2017 8:05 am
marcusfordus

Limp limp limp

I wish it were just a code Laughing

Mine lasted a mile this morning before REP flashed up again. Nanocom still has B100A but wont reset it. The cheapo automax has no fault showing, but by pressing the clear fault button did in fact clear the REP and let it rev past 2600rpm.

I'm loath to do the CCF editing I had planned and saved on the memory card before solving the REP ongoing issue.
It also looks like the Nanocom doesn't read the sub codes which isn't much use Big Cry [/b]

Last edited by marcusfordus on 24th Aug 2017 10:35 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #329810 24th Aug 2017 8:31 am
Yorky Bob

Service Bulletin

I do not have access to service bulletins Alex, is this something you get off Topix ?

So do we conclude that due to just replacing those pipes the vehicle needs the software resetting as per the bulletin. A bit of a pain for such a basic repair if that is the case. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #329812 24th Aug 2017 8:41 am
marcusfordus

Resetting

I hope not YB !

That's an expense I wasn't expecting.

Post #329817 24th Aug 2017 10:37 am
Yorky Bob

Nor would I !Keep us updated as this is the interesting part of the site. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #329820 24th Aug 2017 10:49 am
marcusfordus

Update

The car has been fine all day until this evening when the outside temperature had dropped to 16 degrees and I went into a right hand bend followed by a uphill Derbyshire lane. The car hiccupped and a second later went into limp mode with REP on the dash display.
When I stopped I plugged in the cheapo code reader which said no fault codes, so, as I always have to, I used the erase faults button, which did the job and I had the full rev range again.

I will swap out the fuel filter tomorrow as I cannot be certain it was done when it was supposed to be done at the last service by the previous owner. That will be one item/suspect off the list.

Post #329843 24th Aug 2017 9:28 pm
alex_pescaru

The SSM46057 has been released in order to fix somehow the problem by inserting a small piece of plastic to slow down the response of the DPF sensor.
That is no longer the case and a new ECU software has been released, and through that service action, Q120, the problem should be fixed permanently.
And finally, through that SSM48277, because of a few cars that still behave, they recommend to perform that DPF sensor renew procedure in order to fix the fixing. Laughing Laughing
And I believe that all these should be done free of charge. But here I am not sure....

Post #329848 24th Aug 2017 11:01 pm
marcusfordus

Filter swapped

The car had been fine for a couple of days but this morning caught my Mrs out.
She was out in the car and went to re start it when it spluttered during the cranking over which brought out the lights and message yet again.
Back home I've the same two codes as before one on the cheapo reader and the B100A on the nanocom.
The cheap reader is the one that clears the engine management light.

As it's only done short journey motoring for a while I've no idea when it last did a dpf re-gen. Crying or Very sad

It looks like a trip of the expensive sort coming up soon.

Post #329999 29th Aug 2017 11:38 am
Yorky Bob

We all have to bite the bullet some time. Sad FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #330003 29th Aug 2017 2:21 pm
I Like Chips

Mr Fordus ..............I wonder if you would let me know if you find a solution to the B100A15 DTC

Post #330004 29th Aug 2017 2:54 pm
marcusfordus

Nanocom firmware update

I've done an update on the Nanocom and it can now do a whole host of service features.
What it also gives is a better description of the fault.

So where is the wiring loom I need to be having a look at Rolling Eyes

Post #330016 29th Aug 2017 5:17 pm
I Like Chips

Yes my code reader shows the same info for B100A15 DTC.
But everything is working as it should. I was advised by a friend who worked for many years in a LR Indy garage .........

Provided there is no real obvious fault to put my code reader in the drawer and only pull it out if there is check engine light or information screen warning.

So unless someone can point me in a direction that's what I shall do

Last edited by I Like Chips on 26th Jun 2019 7:29 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #330017 29th Aug 2017 5:30 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>