Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > LED Front Side light replacement-5Hz Flashing; Any update??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
vermox

Sweden 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

I've replaced them all, interior-, puddle-, parking- and rear number plate lights. The puddle and rear numberplate ones required lots of patiance and a tiny screwdriver (did them from outside you need a proper working light for this) also be very careful with the contacts (on the veichle). I had to re-do the rear numberplate ones since they had bad connections beacuse of gaping connection points. Fixed this by carefully prying the connectors together with bulbs out (and also fuse out! take advice!). I also modified the contacts on the led bulb itself - I guess the necessity for this will depend on the LEDdesign/manufact in use here...
The parking lights "flashing/pulsing" I fixed with a 5W resistor connected over the + and - feed wires for the parking light - see link below.
Sorry it's in Swedish Mr. Green
http://www.xenonkungen.com/se/art/led-5w-decoder.php

I was about to change ALL bulbs including rear/brake, fog, directional etc but came to my senses after comparing before and after result. Personally, my conclusion was that I didn't want to do this due to the lack of improvement - actually on the contrary....but this was my conclusion based on the stuff I had available.

Post #32330 1st Dec 2008 6:21 pm
mburton2

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

Well, as you kow, I've replaced the tail/brake, Front/Rear Indicators, Reversing, numberplate with LEDs....But have failed with the front side lights...

Using balast resistors, I managed to get ONE side (Near-side) to stop flashing, but the offisde still flashed, even WITH the balast resistor.... Question

As per note above, you need to make sure the modification works (looks bright enough!), some LED's out there are just too dim! '57 FL2 GS
Sumatra Blk, Tints, Winterpack, Dodgylooking TowBar, roof rails, Front & Rear LED Indicators, Clear Side repeaters(Led), LED Rear Position/Brake lights, Additional Power-point in the boot & Brighter luggage Illumination fitted

Post #32449 3rd Dec 2008 11:47 am
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey
ultraleds.after sales service.

bought 2 cool blue 42mm leds for front/back.very nice light but one is flickering after only 3 months.ultraleds will not talk to you on the phone,u got to e mail them.done that twice and still no reply. 12 month guarantee.......so they say on the web site.Mad Mad

Post #32485 3rd Dec 2008 8:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MVS

Try these ones, nice quality if not cheap. Customer service seems good as well

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/led-interior-bulbs-c-589.html

Post #32487 3rd Dec 2008 8:46 pm
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

[quote="MVS"]Try these ones, nice quality if not cheap. Customer service seems good as well

[url]http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/led-interior-bulbs-c-589.html[/url][/quote] cheers mate. Smile

Post #32501 3rd Dec 2008 11:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12