Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Superchips Bluefin
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
tonyjones1968

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Narvik Black

The daily work journey (allways same way)now with the "bluefin"installed returned 29.5 mpg ,1.5 mpg up on the same journey friday so, a very small gain but a gain non the less,but i have been giving it more as the new found power and the car pulls much more smoothley may have swayed the result!!! so far iam impressed by my investment ,time will tell if the rest of the drivetrain can cope with a small power hike.

all the best Tony Thumbs Up

Post #31509 22nd Nov 2008 3:48 pm
phil_wkl

Australia 

and whats happens when you switch to sand mode? has that particular map (or the others) been affected too? Phil

Post #31777 25th Nov 2008 1:21 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

good question Idea

Sand mode alters the throttle response/sensitivity so my chipping might effect this Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31809 25th Nov 2008 5:28 pm
tonyjones1968

I am unable to answer this I do not have knob!!!
will let you know on economy when ive done the tank all mpg info don on "scan gauge" plugged into dlc,check out this link to ebay for this!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ScanGauge-II-OBD-2-S...240%3A1318

Tony Thumbs Up

Post #31841 25th Nov 2008 10:15 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I don't think the terrain response affects the mapping just the sensitivity of the throttle pedal At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #31846 25th Nov 2008 11:04 pm
tonyjones1968

Superchips have now reduced the price of this upgrade!!!!

I can also say that I have had email contact with the sales manager of this company and the customer service is impressive, Iam still impressed with the gains given by this upgrade and would be happy recomending it to any of our members.

Job Done Tony Thumbs Up

Post #32482 3rd Dec 2008 7:45 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

The bluefin changings all aspects of the engine mapping only. But unlike a tuning box, everything is kept within the factories original safety parameters.

So if the management senses that something is not right, the power/torque will be reighned in, just like on the standard map. The terrain Response is not effected with the re-map. I was told by a Land Rover electronics engineer that when you download the map, or re-install the original, a log is made. But after further investigations, if the same thing was done on Vauxhall, Ford Jaguar etc, there are no download logs, and if there is on FR2's the technician will need to know where to look and also need reason to check.

I have a high respect for Superchips and their software upgrades, I have used bluefin before on our old Audi and it was brilliant.

Unlike regular car upgrades where they make a massive difference, the FR2's Bluefin upgrade is different, as it is a 4x4, the difference is more like having another couple of cylinders bolted on and the car more effortless to drive, it is very smooth and drives just like a factory car but just enchanced. Which is good as it should not put any more stress on other parts of the running gear, the level at which the Bluefin runs is way below the durability standards that Land Rover put the running gear through on development.

You also tend to find you drive the car at lower revs all the time as the increased torque moves you along with more ease without the need to thrash it about. I drove an SE with Bluefin a few months ago.

If anyone is thinking of doing this, you would not be disapointed.

Regarding warranties, of course ANY modification you do can effect your warranty, but it will only effect the part of the warranty directly effected. So if your airbag light comes on for example, it obviously has no connection with a re-map.

It is also down to the dealer to prove that your re-map caused a fault. Superchips also offer a warranty that states that if your dealers turns down a warranty claim for a fault caused by the map, Superchips will cover it.

As for insurance, of course you should notify your insurance. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #33805 1st Jan 2009 11:18 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12