Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Would you consider something other that a Freelander
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 53 of 53 <123 ... 515253
Print this entire topic · 
GundogSD4

England 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

I must admit that I have been looking at the Audi A6 3.0 TDI Allroad... Not told the wife yet though Rolling Eyes

Post #395430 12th Aug 2020 3:45 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

dorsetfreelander wrote:
Just noticed this today, It seems that Mitsubishi is pulling out of the UK and EU markets. Should do wonders for residual values.

Yeah, my mate has an ASX - now resigned himself to having to keep it and run it into the ground Jules

Post #395432 12th Aug 2020 6:36 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

3landertwo wrote:

Green are countries that drive LHD

Orange are countries that drive RHD

I once read that the comparison is invalid. At the moment more countries drive on the right but many are countries with a low population (eg the biggest country Russia has only just over twice the population of the UK or some African and south american countries with few cars. Apparently, as countries develop then it is expected that more people will actually be driving RHD 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #395451 13th Aug 2020 9:11 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

chicken george wrote:
Plenty more pickups out there..
I chose ford, atleast the engine is UK made

Click image to enlarge

Good Choice CG. With Mitsubishi going , Mercedes having stopped production of pickups , The Ford is the obvious choice , who knows if Toyota and Isuzu will be viable after Liz Truss wrecks trade talks with Japan as she battles for UK blue cheese .

On a more serious note how do you rate the Ranger as a daily drive ? Is it comfortable enough to drive 150 miles in a day ? 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #395493 13th Aug 2020 10:48 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

IanMetro wrote:
I agree, lots of the Ford Bronco Sport 2021 look styled on the FL2.

Not surprising as the FL2 was built with lots of Ford bits on a Ford Platform.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ford+bro...mp;bih=655

Rear end looks like a Sangyong Rodius

Post #395509 14th Aug 2020 8:39 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

My son in Kenya now drives a Ford Ranger Wildtrak with V6 diesel after wearing out his Hilux. He is very pleased with it and he does a lot of miles off and on road.

Click image to enlarge
 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #395512 14th Aug 2020 9:22 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

I was a regular fishing in Shimoni for a fair few years the. The roads and tracks down to the fishing camp were brutal , and that would be child’s play compared to the use your sons vehicle gets , so it’s a good testimony for the vehicle . My mate has a Hilux and to be honest I’m not impressed with the ride , it’s very choppy .

Personal circumstances over the next couple of years might make having a pickup useful f . The Freelander is still doing the shooting duties at the moment , but it’s 11 years old now and I fear it will be defeated by legislation before it dies . I cut through Leeds often , and I noticed a huge new park and ride being built on the south of the city . It’s only a matter of time before anything less than Euro 5 or 6 will be banned or road priced in many places in the U.K. 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #395517 14th Aug 2020 10:46 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Ranger is very impressive certainly an update from the old one, 14 years ago it was the last of the model run , so a 20 year old model.based on an even older design
Quieter smoother better suspension, seating position much better, old one was the opposite of a defender, low seat so you drove with your legs forward into footwell,
large range electric height adjustment so you can decide how you like it.

I settled for a 170hp 4 cyl auto, as thats what the dealer had stock of, buying to order killed the prospect of a good 'covid' discount, but I rearly tow so 4cyl is absolutely fine.

recently drove it 50 mile to Filey, driving home in the DS, -( long story wife took kids for a holiday, I followed later with the bikes)
the difference in journey quality was very small, DS shaved 15 minute off travel time, but the outward speed was restricted with the load bed full of bikes.

will this ranger last 14 years? i doubt it too many systems and electric compared to the old faithfull

full leather ,keyless entry xenon lights auto wipers, sat nav with android auto etc, climate control whats not to like?

ride still a bit choppy, it has leafsprings after all but vastly more controlled than old one At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #395545 14th Aug 2020 5:16 pm
athelstan

3landertwo wrote:
Click image to enlarge

Green are countries that drive LHD

Orange are countries that drive RHD

It appears that your map 3landertwo has quite a few omissions Wink

Click image to enlarge

Post #395548 14th Aug 2020 7:02 pm
3landertwo

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post #395549 14th Aug 2020 7:18 pm
Stubbenoldgit

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Lux Auto Zermatt Silver

Must admit seeing the comment above about someone considering an Audi A6 All road reminded me earlier in the year got very very close to changing to a Volvo V90CC, that's the maxi ultra waft floaty barge estate with AWD and a slightly raised suspension. Became very tempted by a ridiculously generous leasing direct from Volvo UK, frankly it would have been rude to refuse, new vehicle for three years at a total cost that would easily beat depreciation.

Then this blooming virus kicked in around the place, lockdown arrived, and I just couldn't stomach paying to keep a vehicle on the drive going nowhere, even if it didn't cost very much, when I had more than one fully owned vehicle already sitting there in full working order.

Just had a look at the prices today for similar vehicle, more than double. I think that's a no then.

Post #396737 9th Sep 2020 10:04 am
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

Waiting in Waitrose for my wife to do the weekly shop and a 69 plate XC40 t4 Inscription pulled in next to me. In my musings the XC 40 would have been on my shortlist so I wound down the window and asked the question "how are you getting on with it". The lady driver responded "can't wait to get rid of it". She said she had been driving for 30 years and this car was the worst ever. Far to complex with all the lane controls, emergency braking beeps and whistles made for very unsettled driving. The quest continues with a test drive of a t-roc in the near future. MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #396766 9th Sep 2020 8:25 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 53 of 53 <123 ... 515253