Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > stop-start 2009 LR2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Maybe I'm wrong but possibly LR are loking at the frst 4x4 to have stop-start technology?

As Avtur says the idea behind it is very old and I think there have been numerous versions over the years but none really seem to have worked for one reason or another.....maybe the consumers fault for not buying into it rather than the technology itself Question Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #27540 17th Sep 2008 7:31 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Gambba wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong but possibly LR are loking at the frst 4x4 to have stop-start technology?

As Avtur says the idea behind it is very old and I think there have been numerous versions over the years but none really seem to have worked for one reason or another.....maybe the consumers fault for not buying into it rather than the technology itself Question

None of the 4x4's BMW's have the stop start system Question Question
Wonder what the diference is Confused 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #27557 17th Sep 2008 8:15 am
Natwest

United Kingdom 

179 g/km according to the press blurb - this bodes well for the revised UK VED due next year and company car tax BIK "allowance" Cool

Using my trusty 282.481 (converts L/100 to MPG) gives +40 MPG... Bow down

About to join the orderly que that is forming...

...and you get an "e" badge too!

http://www.netcarshow.com/land_rover/2009-freelander_2_td4_e/

Post #28595 6th Oct 2008 10:04 pm
Lr2maker

United Kingdom 
Stop start as standard on 09my

New stop start increases mpg and will reduce co2 by 10%....things we do to keep the greens happy. Btw a fl2 is "greener" than a mini cooper sport!!!! Don't tell you that do they? Live your life be free-lander

Post #29453 19th Oct 2008 10:24 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

I have heard rumours that the LR stop start system is manually activated and not automatic when you stop at the lights............................... now, how will you stand tax-wise if operation is totally dependant on the driver manually activating it? I doubt very much the tax-man will look on it favourably if you have the option not to use the stop start system rather than it being a feature of the ECU and being fully automatic - it will not save very much CO2/ emissions/fuel if you never use it, but it could save you a heap of raod tax if it is fitted and you don't use it. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #29454 19th Oct 2008 10:39 am
Frobius

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue

It's automatic but you have the option to turn it off. Like if you're off road or something. 09MY FL2 Td4 XS, Style Pack, Privacy Glass, Martinique Blue.. oh so very blue..

Post #29458 19th Oct 2008 12:26 pm
VIKING

Norway 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue

AndyC wrote:
I must admit, I thought that this was some smart land Rover invention that was being introduced this year - At least LR have made enough noise about it earlier this year. - Now you tell us BMW already is fitting the system to thier models Shocked

I believe Mercedes also has this allready. At least according to their TV-commercials here in Norway.
(Singing STOP, by Sam Brown) 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #29461 19th Oct 2008 12:46 pm
Natwest

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I have heard rumours that the LR stop start system is manually activated and not automatic when you stop at the lights............................... now, how will you stand tax-wise if operation is totally dependant on the driver manually activating it? I doubt very much the tax-man will look on it favourably if you have the option not to use the stop start system rather than it being a feature of the ECU and being fully automatic - it will not save very much CO2/ emissions/fuel if you never use it, but it could save you a heap of raod tax if it is fitted and you don't use it.

It would have to automatically default to "active" on initial start up as otherwise LR wouldn't be able to claim the CO2 improvement. Disabling it is a driver initiated action (same as switching the air-con on), but yes you could in theory drive around with it switched off, polluting just as much as say a non-S/S equipped Freelander...

Post #29463 19th Oct 2008 12:58 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12