Print this entire topic · 
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

FA27B77 2.2manual .......black no towbar 

Post #32572 4th Dec 2008 11:42 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Just been looking at the LR GTR site and they have posted a Bulleting today,

Without subscribing I think it is the bulleting about getting the PTC fixed Whistle

Recall Action : Electric Booster Heater (PTC Heater) Operation Reference: P014_UK & P014_ROW

I'm going to ring my dealer in the morning, if i remember Confused

has anybody subscribed, to look into it further? Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #32785 10th Dec 2008 10:22 pm
stangs

Has anyone any more information? I'm picking up a Freelander 2 tommorrow and would like a working heater when I drive it off the forecourt. Thumbs Up

Post #32799 11th Dec 2008 10:42 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

i understand from previous recalls

Quote:
As this is a safety concern no vehicle may be handed over for retail sale without first having the rework action as detailed in this Recall Action successfully carried out

Yes it is the recall action for the fix Whistle , my dealer says it not on their system and will keep an eye on it, but he hasn't looked at the GTR, which does list P014

I would speak with your dealer and make sure they have looked, so you don't have to go back Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #32800 11th Dec 2008 11:31 am
EdSnow

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Posted on Forum topics:- Auxilary heater and Recall:- Contacted the dealer today. They confirm P014 is the PTC heater replacement instructions.

They can now order the part(s). As soon as the fix is logged on the LR database against your chassis no the dealer can go adead and fix it. If you get your letter first they can also fix it against that, but they need one of them to ensure they get their money back from LR.

My chassis is not listed yet so dealer suggests wait a week and call back or call in with letter. Freelander 2 XS 2.2 TD4 Met Black, with Winter pack, 18" alloys with General Grabber AT2 wellies, MANTEC Sump and Tank Guards

Post #32803 11th Dec 2008 11:39 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Thats basically what my dealer told me Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #32805 11th Dec 2008 11:42 am
stangs

Not sure what to do now... was looking forward to picking the car up tommorrow. I expect the fuse-pulling workaround satisfies the safety and sales side of things, but perhaps I'd be better waiting until they've fixed the issue properly.

What would you do? Question

Post #32807 11th Dec 2008 12:05 pm
EdSnow

take it drive and love it they great dont leave it wasting on the forcourt.

The fix apparently takes about an hour so should not be a hard ship to call back in later and get the parts fitted.

Thumbs Up Freelander 2 XS 2.2 TD4 Met Black, with Winter pack, 18" alloys with General Grabber AT2 wellies, MANTEC Sump and Tank Guards

Post #32808 11th Dec 2008 12:11 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Stangs

Call them, explain you know the heater part is available and they should be fixing it prior to you taking delivery

See what they say, in a document i have seen it says

"As this is a safety concern no vehicle may be handed over for retail sale without first having the rework action as detailed in this Recall Action successfully carried out."

If you call them ASAP, at least they might be able to get the part in for tommorrow and fit it

I would also take delivery of the car, and pop back when the part comes in Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #32809 11th Dec 2008 12:14 pm
stangs

Rang the dealer, who talked to the service guy while I was on the phone - apparently the fuse has been pulled, but they are not due to get the heater part in until Tuesday. He said I could bring it back then and they'll fit it. Rolling Eyes

The dealership is 50 miles away, so I won't be going back unless I can help it.

Post #32813 11th Dec 2008 12:44 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I presume this isn't your local dealer, if it is you haven't much choice or you'll have to fix it yourself, which would mean buying the part yourself too Sad

I would push the sales guys to give you something for your trouble, but remember if the part is coming in on Tuesday, they could turn round and say, you can't have the car till Tuesday

My dealer normally can get parts for the next day, but with this one been needed by all dealers, i can envisage the delay Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #32814 11th Dec 2008 1:13 pm
stangs

I have two other dealers around 10 miles from my house - I'll probably end up going to them at a later date. You never know maybe the sales guy will surprise me tomorrow...

Post #32815 11th Dec 2008 1:18 pm
EdSnow

I bought mine from a dealer 45 miles away to save 10.5% off list. My local dealer 1 mile away would not give anything, but since then I use my local dealer for all serviving repairs warranty etc they are pleased to get the business if not the initial sales. Freelander 2 XS 2.2 TD4 Met Black, with Winter pack, 18" alloys with General Grabber AT2 wellies, MANTEC Sump and Tank Guards

Post #32833 11th Dec 2008 2:48 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Been pondering on this over a few beers

My dealer, takes the fuse out, but now he has to wait till my cars on the LR system before they'll fix it

Thats stupid, I obviously needs the fix, otherwise they would not have taken the Censored fuse out

So why can't they just put it back in with the fixed heater part without a letter or it been on the system

If they haven't rang me by next week, I am going to speak to LR Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #32870 12th Dec 2008 12:30 am
EdSnow

First they need to get the new heater in from Land Rover second they may need a different (new) fuse, also from Land Rover. They know it needs doing, you know it need doing, thats not the issue for them. THe issue for them is being paid by LR for any warranty parts and labour. If LR have not put you on the system or sent you a letter then your dealer has nothing to invoice against and therefore risks not getting paid. Freelander 2 XS 2.2 TD4 Met Black, with Winter pack, 18" alloys with General Grabber AT2 wellies, MANTEC Sump and Tank Guards

Post #32871 12th Dec 2008 12:46 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 13 of 14 <123 ... 121314>